worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Big time fisherman here, lots of bass and Walleye around here. The Little Bay de Noc which my town is on the shores of is known as the Walleye capitol of the world. I must admit that I use my free time strictly for metal detecting now and have hung the poles up.
Haven't touched my rods since I started mdin,and I've got 11 of em,4 1/2' to 11' I used to use them all. God Bless Chris

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
worldtalker said:
Haven't touched my rods since I started mdin,and I've got 11 of em,4 1/2' to 11' I used to use them all. God Bless Chris

Dang this addiction lol

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
sonofadigger said:
When you catch them do you make fun of them for getting caught

No I make them tell me where their bigger friends are or I won't release them back to the water. I am a fish whisperer.

JT1080

Sep 17, 2012
Santa Clarita
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sonofadigger said:
Growing up down south all I knew about was cat fish I remember my dad bringing em home and putting em in our bathtub before he would clean them and it use to give me nightmares cause they were so big but when I was 7 or so I started going with him and have been hooked ever since (pun intended) my grandpa use to take me noodling with him and would catch everything but fish lol snakes turtles and beavers

I've seen noodling on TV a few times and always thought it was scary. I could only imagine pulling an angry Beaver out of their cozy den by their tail.. With those chompers.. No thanks! The thrill must be pretty intense, however.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MINELAB E-TRAC MINELAB SAFARI TEKNETICS OMEGA 8000 GARRETT AT PRO GARRETT PRO POINTER VIBRA PROBE 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen noodling on TV a few times and always thought it was scary. I could only imagine pulling an angry Beaver out of their cozy den by their tail.. With those chompers.. No thanks! The thrill must be pretty intense, however.

well i have tried it a few times and its terrifying not knowing whats there but lucky for me its always been fish lol

L

lost hunter

image-793155990.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rebel - KGC said:
You guys use Blum's Almanac Fishing Guides? By the "Signs", scientifically complied?

I just use my 20+ years experience its always worked best for me

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are 3 of my grandsons.............we ALL fish

Attachments

• michael.jpg
    michael.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 90
  • robert.JPG
    robert.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 91
  • no1.JPG
    no1.JPG
    55.3 KB · Views: 90
OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are 3 of my grandsons.............we ALL fish

wow those are some nice looking fish...start em young and they will do it for a lifetime

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, start 'em young. This is my youngest making his first cane pole and the first fish he caught with it. He had caught many fish before but not on a pole he made himself.

Attachments

• pole11.JPG
    pole11.JPG
    58.2 KB · Views: 93
  • pole1.JPG
    pole1.JPG
    90 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
I took up fly fishing 4 years ago and usually just stream fish for trout man I do love the taste of trout. Only got out once this season which sucks hopefully better next season

JT1080

Sep 17, 2012
Santa Clarita
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
packerbacker said:
Yep, start 'em young. This is my youngest making his first cane pole and the first fish he caught with it. He had caught many fish before but not on a pole he made himself.

That's just awesome! I've caught MANY a fish but never on a pole I made myself... seriously awesome. I don't have any kids myself, but I do have nephews I take along for outdoor adventures. They absolutely love it and are always calling me up for the next mission. I'm very tankful for my parents teaching me about the outdoors and I'll make sure to pass that on to my children, when we have them. Definitely values I will pass on and won't die with me.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
078.JPG

018.JPG

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here are pics of my girlfriends first pike and my son's biggest bass

579044_3243644579183_2083310395_n.jpg

230670_1781653350316_1500233_n.jpg

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah jt, my son showed my grandson's entire scout pack how to make their own cane poles. The boys really enjoyed it.

Attachments

• poles.jpg
    poles.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 79
OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah jt, my son showed my grandson's entire scout pack how to make their own cane poles. The boys really enjoyed it.

thats awesome i bet they all had a blast ...i sure would like to get ahold of some of those bass you guys have out there 20- 25lbs

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Our state record for largemouth is about 21-1/2 lbs. Are you talking about a different state or stripers? Striper record is in the 60-some lb range.

OP
OP
sonofadigger

sonofadigger

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
SOMEWHERE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no im talking about california maybe more south of you thats where the race is on for the world record

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread