Purposed gun ban list out - Page 3
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Purposed gun ban list out

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6074 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    But here you are confusing better gun control measures with the complete banning of guns. Two entirely different topics/proposals.
    Well, control will eventually lead to banning. It is the way things go with government.

You know, if you gradually do things it is easier to deceive the public than if you went straight out and banned guns.

Doing it on the sly (gun "control") you can get some backing from certain circles of the public, whereas doing it boldly (gun "bans") would get you a backlash of severe proportions from the majority.

"Control" sounds so innocent, and yet it has steadily increased since they were first implemented.

Back in the 1960's, when I was a kid, my dad could buy a shotgun, rifle or pistol with no questions asked. No paperwork, no hassles.

The first step was to qualify people by age. 18 to buy a shotgun, 21 to buy a handgun. Just proof of age and residency.

Then later, the weapons had to be registered.

Then you had to have a background check.

Then you had a waiting period.

Then there were weapons bans.

Now they are looking to expand those weapons bans.

. . . and later they'll expand those bans . . . and so on and so on until it is illegal to own any weapon for self defense.

And the uneducated general public won't really care, because it makes them feel safe.

It's like the frog in the pot. He's comfortable in the water so he stays. Turn the heat on low, and he just gets more comfortable . . . until it's too late and he's dead.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    20536 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    What has happened to Common Sense,let them regulate what they will,then,let them try and take them! God Bless Chris Gun Confiscation will Fail 15 Reasons why It WIll Fall Apart. | The Lone Star Watchdog
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8662 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by worldtalker View Post
    What has happened to Common Sense,let them regulate what they will,then,let them try and take them! God Bless Chris Gun Confiscation will Fail 15 Reasons why It WIll Fall Apart. | The Lone Star Watchdog
    Confiscation will fail, and largely because you will never see it happen in the context the fear drivers want you to see it in. Quit discussing it, quit making it a constant issue, and it will go away.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    20536 times
    Hopefully that's not all that will go away! God Bless Chris

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8662 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post
    Well, control will eventually lead to banning.
    Examples, please? Right off the top of my head I can't think of anything this country has set regulations upon which was eventually banned? I'm sure there may be some obvious examples out there but I can't think of them. Seems to me, in reference to guns, more and more regulations are being broadened to permit their use, especially in the sporting field. This actually serves to increase your access to them because they become more desirable and thus more widely marketed to the consumer. Many of the guns that can be bought in gun shops and sporting sections of retail stores weren't even generally available to the general public twenty/thirty years ago, and the shear number of new gun models has increased considerably. All these gun loss fears are generally unfounded. Let the sleeping lion sleep.

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6074 times
    Cache Hunting
    The reason the soft approach works, as stated above, is it because it is a gradual erosion of the second amendment. And, before anyone thinks this is a political post, please read the entire post first. If it is still political then by all means, delete it and tell me why so I can correct it.

I makes no difference which side is in power, as both parties have been guilty of the gradual erosion of the rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights to possess firearms. The changes have come under administrations from both parties, and congress controlled by both parties, therefore, it is neither one political bend or the other.

The problem is that the public is easily deceived, easily lead . . . and by and large has accepted the lies that control equals increased safety. It doesn't now, nor did it ever, equal increased safety. It, in fact, erodes YOUR fourth ammendment rights:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
    The second amendment is all that stands between you and the removal of the fourth amendment. How? As stated before an armed individual is a citizen and has rights. An unarmed individual is a subject, and therefore has NO rights. You then become a ward of the empire or regime.

The second amendment, if breached, also allows violation of all of the other rights granted us under law in this country.

So, have fun watching your children's rights disappear.

Gun Control is a very dangerous thing, no matter how you look at it.

When it comes to gun violence, you only hear the bad on the news casts. You seldom hear about the thwarted robberies, murders, rapes, etc. that happen because someone has a weapon and isn't afraid to use it in defense of themselves or others. Why? The average gun owner has no agenda. They don't brag. They carry out their CIVIC DUTY without expectation of being treated as a hero . . . besides, the criminal's "rights" were probably violated when he wasn't able to carry out the "pursuit of his happiness".
    Last edited by Chadeaux; Nov 22, 2012 at 01:16 PM.
    worldtalker and truckinbutch like this.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us

Jun 2010
    8662 times
    Why? The average gun owner has no agenda. They don't brag. They carry out their CIVIC DUTY without expectation of being treated as a hero . . .
    Exactly my point. Responsible gun owners don't discuss guns and the potential damage they can do to other human beings (intruders) on open family friendly sites simply because they have no idea who may be reading what's being posted. The young are so easily influenced.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    20536 times
    The reason the soft approach works, as stated above, is it because it is a gradual erosion of the second amendment. And, before anyone thinks this is a political post, please read the entire post first. If it is still political then by all means, delete it and tell me why so I can correct it.

I makes no difference which side is in power, as both parties have been guilty of the gradual erosion of the rights guaranteed in the Bill of Rights to possess firearms. The changes have come under administrations from both parties, and congress controlled by both parties, therefore, it is neither one political bend or the other.

The problem is that the public is easily deceived, easily lead . . . and by and large has accepted the lies that control equals increased safety. It doesn't now, nor did it ever, equal increased safety. It, in fact, erodes YOUR fourth ammendment rights:

The second amendment is all that stands between you and the removal of the fourth amendment. How? As stated before an armed individual is a citizen and has rights. An unarmed individual is a subject, and therefore has NO rights. You then become a ward of the empire or regime.

The second amendment, if breached, also allows violation of all of the other rights granted us under law in this country.

So, have fun watching your children's rights disappear.

Gun Control is a very dangerous thing, no matter how you look at it.

When it comes to gun violence, you only hear the bad on the news casts. You seldom hear about the thwarted robberies, murders, rapes, etc. that happen because someone has a weapon and isn't afraid to use it in defense of themselves or others. Why? The average gun owner has no agenda. They don't brag. They carry out their CIVIC DUTY without expectation of being treated as a hero . . . besides, the criminal's "rights" were probably violated when he wasn't able to carry out the "pursuit of his happiness".
    GOD Bless You and Yours Brother!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29966 times
    Thread is locked due to politics.........
    truckinbutch likes this.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links