Wally World - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Wally World

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8659 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post
    Now, men, I have to part ways with both of you here.

Today, everyone thinks they are owed something. "It isn't in my job description" is said way too often by persons who are otherwise idle.

This is not a statement about either of you, but it comes from my personal experience with today's job candidates, it's what I tell them during the interview:

When you go to work for me, I tell you up front what you will make. It is up to you to say yes or no THEN, not gripe and moan later about being underpaid. If it isn't enough, ask for more NOW or go elsewhere. I know what the job is worth, I know what I make, I know what I can afford to pay you . . . and I know that you won't work for anyone nicer than me IF you do your job. If you want to loaf or complain, I'll become the sorriest SOB you ever met --- I'll simply become whatever you want me to be, and since "out of the heart's abundance the mouth speaks", your whining tells me what you want me to be.

When business is slack, I may ask you to do something that isn't in your job description instead of sending you home. If you complain about it, then you don't want to work for me, and again you'll get your wish.

When I was the worker, if the boss asked me to go to his mother's house and cut the grass, I did it. He was paying for my time. I had agreed to what my time was worth, not what I would do . . . that would have been a different discussion and I would have been another of the faceless unemployed. So long as I was getting paid, I did the job provided it wasn't illegal or immoral.

You get out of your job what you put into it. If your work is slack, then I assume that moving you any farther up the ladder would be beyond your abilities. Thus, no more raises . . . until you can master what you are assigned to do. Any of you ever see a Wal-Mart employee who is a go getter? It doesn't take long for them to move up the ladder towards management. Did you ever see a Wal-Mart employee who just drags around and acts like doing their job is too much trouble? You usually don't see them at Wal-Mart very long. It is a long line of go nowhere jobs until they either learn to apply themselves or cannot get hired because of their bad attitude.

Now, do you really want to work here?
    Are you the owner, or middle management?
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

us
    Jul 2012
    michigan
    bounty hunter tracker IV
    127 times
    Just wait until the economy improves if it ever does and walmart and those like them will have no choice but to raise wages it is a sign of the times but i feel sorry for store workers when they have to go to the state unemployment office just to twist the tit of their employer enough to give them their 25 hours a week it has happened with the company i work for and we are in direct competition with walmart every day. I understand there is not a lot of jobs out there but the jobs that are out there should at least be steady enough that employees dont have to use strong arm tactics just to make a living wage. You wonder why you get crappy service from walmart? maybe because they get crappy wages from their employer. Just saying i sure would have a crappy attitude if i was working there as a last ditch effort to keep off the governments dime. working harder and longer and making less than those on welfare should a person be happy with that? you tell me.
    Red James Cash likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7956 times
    The Truth
    As in the sweat shop where i worked.I built prefab front entrance ways.Average length of time from start to completion,maybe 3 hours,i was making 5.75 an hour.What were those front entrance ways going for?anywhere between 750 to over 2000 dollars.Hell of a profit margin now isnt it.I'm still waiting to run into the scum bag supervisor who walked the floor.It wont be pretty
    the bone likes this.

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6020 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Are you the owner, or middle management?
    Vice President of one company, owner of another. I have been a construction laborer, hydroblaster (cleaned up sanitation department parking lots where they parked the garbage trucks overnight), I've cut weeds around a rail yard with a machete for a chemical plant, carpenter, carpenter's foreman, repo man, bill collector, skip tracer (helps police and recovery agents find people), delivered newspapers, cut grass, graphics artist, website designer, photographer, written commercials for radio, fried burgers, fried chicken, mechanic at Con Agra packing chicken, truck driver (local and OTR - hauling heavy equipment) and more.

Where I am now, I still get my hands dirty and work with our employees when needed . . . even take out the trash and clean the restrooms. If you're too good to do a job because it's nasty or "not in my job description" we can cut your last check today. When you work for someone, you are selling your services at $ X / hour. If you don't want to do it, don't. We'll find someone else who can and is probably better at it. Whiners are seldom worth the time or pay.

Quote Originally Posted by the bone View Post
    Just wait until the economy improves if it ever does and walmart and those like them will have no choice but to raise wages it is a sign of the times but i feel sorry for store workers when they have to go to the state unemployment office just to twist the tit of their employer enough to give them their 25 hours a week it has happened with the company i work for and we are in direct competition with walmart every day. I understand there is not a lot of jobs out there but the jobs that are out there should at least be steady enough that employees dont have to use strong arm tactics just to make a living wage. You wonder why you get crappy service from walmart? maybe because they get crappy wages from their employer. Just saying i sure would have a crappy attitude if i was working there as a last ditch effort to keep off the governments dime. working harder and longer and making less than those on welfare should a person be happy with that? you tell me.
    25 hours per week is the result of certain laws that will go into effect at the end of 2013, which will make it cost prohibitive for companies with more than 50 employees to have workers who are full time. The law has been rewritten to say that any one working 30 or more hours per week at your company must get full health insurance benefits. This would completely destroy many of our small and large businesses if strapped with the outrageous costs involved.

It isn't the company's fault that health care costs are so high. Whose fault is it? The doctors? To some extent they are culpable, but the greatest part of increased health care is the fault of litigation. Who doe litigation? The filthy, slimy, soulless legal community.

Guess who make up the lawmakers in this country? LAWYERS. Here's why your healthcare is so expensive:

1. Lawyers are why doctors need to pay exorbitant fees for malpractice insurance.
    2. Insurance companies are by and large owned by legal firms, and they set the insurance rates.
    3. Lawyers wrote the healthcare laws now in effect as well as the new ones that are just beginning to come into effect.

You could say that lawyers are the fox who is guarding the chicken coop. Sure makes the economic future look great . . . for lawyers.

Save the planet! Hang a lawyer!
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6020 times
    Cache Hunting
    Oh, and another thing about Wally World . . .

I have a friend and former coworker who is a computer networking expert. His company contracts with Wal-Mart preparing the various stores for changes coming very soon. He has traveled to every state where there is a new Wal-Mart setting up their special networks in preparation for a very big job.

What is the big job? Have you ever heard of RFID? Well, you will gather your goods and push your buggy up to the checkout. When you get there, the computer will tell you how much your have in your cart, total your bill and accept your payment. Cashiers will soon be a thing of the past. Stocking shelves and keeping inventory are going the same way with robotics planned in the coming years.

No one wonders what will happen to the paychecks these people used to make that supports other - smaller - business by their employees purchasing from those business.

Economy improving? To be honest, I don't see it happening. I see unemployment / underemployment growing by leaps and bounds by 2014 . . . unless something drastic happens.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8659 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Chadeaux View Post
    Oh, and another thing about Wally World . . .

I have a friend and former coworker who is a computer networking expert. His company contracts with Wal-Mart preparing the various stores for changes coming very soon. He has traveled to every state where there is a new Wal-Mart setting up their special networks in preparation for a very big job.

What is the big job? Have you ever heard of RFID? Well, you will gather your goods and push your buggy up to the checkout. When you get there, the computer will tell you how much your have in your cart, total your bill and accept your payment. Cashiers will soon be a thing of the past. Stocking shelves and keeping inventory are going the same way with robotics planned in the coming years.

No one wonders what will happen to the paychecks these people used to make that supports other - smaller - business by their employees purchasing from those business.

Economy improving? To be honest, I don't see it happening. I see unemployment / underemployment growing by leaps and bounds by 2014 . . . unless something drastic happens.
    Actually, when it's all said and done, this new system will know you are there the minute you drive onto the parking lot if you have your Walmart card on you. And yep, several of the superstores are pushing for the same technology. Grab a cart, fill it and walk out without ever having to stop at the checkout, it simply subtracts the amount from your account or charges it to your credit card. Last i heard they were still having issues with certain types of product and packaging. I don't know if they are still trying, but at one time Walmart even wanted to start their own customer banking with this technology in mind, which I'm sure is still on the table with even larger plans to built into it. (I use to own stock in a few of the companies that were originally working on and bidding on this this stuff.) The down side, there goes more jobs.

us
    Jul 2012
    michigan
    bounty hunter tracker IV
    127 times
    [QUOTE=Chadeaux;3032723]Oh, and another thing about Wally World . . .

Economy improving? To be honest, I don't see it happening. I see unemployment / underemployment growing by leaps and bounds by 2014 . . . unless something drastic happens.[/QUOTE

IMHO i think a lot of theses companies are ultimately gonna automate themselves out of business my company is going the same route and a lot of warehouses are already almost fully automated. They almost give you no choice but to go to the u scan lanes (I will wait as long as it takes to deal with an actual person) and i would not be surprised at all if what you are saying becomes true. what has always killed walmart for me is employee attitude, wich as i said i cant blame them,produce and meat wich are just awful compared to competitors,store atmosphere the lighting and polished gray concrete just depress me, and the constant feeling i am shopping with the lowest common denominator of the human race while i am in the store i know that sounds rude but its just my opinion.

us

Jun 2010
    8659 times
    I also believe it will eventually come to fruition. And it won't make the consumer end any cheaper either. A large part of the cost of all this will get past down to the manufacturer/supplier in the form of a required packaging scheme, which will only send those cost up even more. Walmart is very good at squeezing every penny they can out of every asset they own....and make no mistake....one way or another they eventually dictate/own all their suppliers just as they have a long history of doing. Walmart can make a company wealthy over night but it can also destroy them just as fast. And if you think the dollar stores are hurting them, think again, Wally World is preparing to address that threat with several of their own dollar stores with a ton of additional perks.

Nov 2007
    somewhere between here and there, south of over there but north of that place
    titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
    970 times
    anyone remember this?

16 tons and what do you get
    another day older and deeper in debt
    St. Peter don't ya call me cause I can't go

I owe my soul to the company store.
    when you tug on a single thing in nature, you'll find it's connected to the rest of the world. John muir

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    1001 times
    Quote Originally Posted by davest View Post
    anyone remember this?

Remember it well . People I worked with lived that life because they couldn't manage their money .
    Wolfpack forever

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7956 times
    The Truth

I remember my mom use to play that when i was little.I remember reading about it later on and it was the truth.The company store was just that.The mine owners owned the store.If you worked for the mine you didnt get payed cash,you got payed tokens that were only redeemable for goods at the company store.You either worked or you were screwed and hungry,not just broke.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links