Wally World
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Wally World

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8665 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Wally World

Regardless your view of unions, I'm trying to see the logic and strategy in the timing of this latest challenge. Let's see, high unemployment with thousands of people unable to find work, at a time of recession, = strike threat. Now granted, I've never worked at Wally World, but I'm thinking it's not go to be too difficult for Wally World to replace a lot of people right now. Of coarse, I don't know what the gripes are either.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

Nov 2007
    somewhere between here and there, south of over there but north of that place
    titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
    970 times
    I think it has something to do with paying a living wage. You might want to watch "the High Cost of Low Prices". it lays it out a bit better than I can especially since a living wage is different throughout the country.
    Infowarrior likes this.
    when you tug on a single thing in nature, you'll find it's connected to the rest of the world. John muir

Jul 2012
    119 times
    I saw my Super Wally World from a distance today. Massive parking lot. There were cars parked in the surrounding fields. So much for boycott.
    truckinbutch likes this.

us
    Feb 2008
    Morgantown,WV
    Bounty Hunter Landstar
    1001 times
    This is a pizz poor time for a union to start staging strikes as a recruiting tactic .
    bigscoop likes this.
    Wolfpack forever

Nov 2007
    somewhere between here and there, south of over there but north of that place
    titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
    970 times
    Personally, I don't care if you shop there or support unions or not. You have to remember these facts though; 80% of their associates are on food stamps. Those same associates receive 2.66 Billion Dollars in government assistance each year, or $420,000.00 per store per year. No matter if you never walk in to a store in your life, you still pay for their policies.

As a side note, the 6 Walton heirs possess as much wealth as 42% of the rest of the American working class.
    when you tug on a single thing in nature, you'll find it's connected to the rest of the world. John muir

Charter Member
    us
    Cat teaches man, not everything here serves him.

Feb 2011
    S. Fl.
    Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
    6948 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Somw people have priorities I just don't understand either.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blachfriday.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	704420

Even H. Ford knew, you have to pay your employees enough, so they can afford to buy your product.
    Yesterday is history, tomorow a mystery. All we have is the here and now, it's a special gift. That's why we call it "The Present"

Pity the poor agnostic dyslexic insomniac who lies awake at night wondering if there really is a Dog.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/patharp?ref=si_shop

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8665 times
    Quote Originally Posted by truckinbutch View Post
    This is a pizz poor time for a union to start staging strikes as a recruiting tactic .
    I was thinking the same thing, figure there must be a bigger picture somewhere. Sure, they should be paid more, but is now really the time to challenge the issue?

us
    ?

Nov 2012
    colorado
    none
    First post on the forum. Never would have thought that it would be about this but plain and simple, last time I checked there are no chains on any of the people working at Walmart that forces them to work there. Also heard that most of the strikers were not even employees of Walmart.

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7961 times
    The Truth
    I checked there are no chains on any of the people working at Walmart that forces them to work there.
    Actually there are chains,though not physically but figuratively.Jobs are hard to come by,sure theyre out there but what are your chances of being hired if 500 people are after the same job.Your chains amount to being able to eat,paying your rent or mortgage,taking care of your family if you have one,car payment.Bills equal chains.Whats wrong with trying to improve an existing job instead of going through the hell of looking for a new one.
    bigscoop and Infowarrior like this.

us

Jun 2010
    8665 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James cash View Post
    Actually there are chains,though not physically but figuratively.Jobs are hard to come by,sure theyre out there but what are your chances of being hired if 500 people are after the same job.Your chains amount to being able to eat,paying your rent or mortgage,taking care of your family if you have one,car payment.Bills equal chains.Whats wrong with trying to improve an existing job instead of going through the hell of looking for a new one.
    Here comes a real shocker for some of you, but I agree with RED!

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    7961 times
    The Truth
    Bigscoop,actually you have agreed with me in the past,if you dont remember,its ok,i do.Just because certain opinions differ doesnt mean grudges are held.And i would stand in line of battle to defend that right to state those opinions.Thats what this country is suppose to be all about.

us

Jun 2010
    8665 times
    Bigscoop,actually you have agreed with me in the past,if you dont remember,its ok,i do.Just because certain opinions differ doesnt mean grudges are held.And i would stand in line of battle to defend that right to state those opinions.Thats what this country is suppose to be all about.
    I'm fully aware of it Red and I hold no grudges at all. In fact, I would even go fishing or bow hunting with you given the opportunity. We just agree to disagree a lot.

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    7961 times
    The Truth
    I'm fully aware of it Red and I hold no grudges at all. In fact, I would even go fishing or bow hunting with you given the opportunity. We just agree to disagree a lot
    Sounds good,and isnt it the truth

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6079 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    Here comes a real shocker for some of you, but I agree with RED!
    Now, men, I have to part ways with both of you here.

Today, everyone thinks they are owed something. "It isn't in my job description" is said way too often by persons who are otherwise idle.

This is not a statement about either of you, but it comes from my personal experience with today's job candidates, it's what I tell them during the interview:

When you go to work for me, I tell you up front what you will make. It is up to you to say yes or no THEN, not gripe and moan later about being underpaid. If it isn't enough, ask for more NOW or go elsewhere. I know what the job is worth, I know what I make, I know what I can afford to pay you . . . and I know that you won't work for anyone nicer than me IF you do your job. If you want to loaf or complain, I'll become the sorriest SOB you ever met --- I'll simply become whatever you want me to be, and since "out of the heart's abundance the mouth speaks", your whining tells me what you want me to be.

When business is slack, I may ask you to do something that isn't in your job description instead of sending you home. If you complain about it, then you don't want to work for me, and again you'll get your wish.

When I was the worker, if the boss asked me to go to his mother's house and cut the grass, I did it. He was paying for my time. I had agreed to what my time was worth, not what I would do . . . that would have been a different discussion and I would have been another of the faceless unemployed. So long as I was getting paid, I did the job provided it wasn't illegal or immoral.

You get out of your job what you put into it. If your work is slack, then I assume that moving you any farther up the ladder would be beyond your abilities. Thus, no more raises . . . until you can master what you are assigned to do. Any of you ever see a Wal-Mart employee who is a go getter? It doesn't take long for them to move up the ladder towards management. Did you ever see a Wal-Mart employee who just drags around and acts like doing their job is too much trouble? You usually don't see them at Wal-Mart very long. It is a long line of go nowhere jobs until they either learn to apply themselves or cannot get hired because of their bad attitude.

Now, do you really want to work here?
    kyrock likes this.
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    7961 times
    The Truth
    It all depends on the circumstances surrounding the gripes.I have always done more than i have been required to do,thats just me.Cutting pay is illegal or at least it use to be.I havent kept up on the labor laws.When i union organized i didnt do it for pay,i didnt make a thing off of it.I did it for safety reasons.The company i worked for was a sweat shop,if you died on the job or were seriously injured they didnt care.They didnt hesitate to ask you to do something that was completely against OSHA regulations.When a supervisor who was sneaking around overheard me talking to other employees about getting the teamsters in there,i was in a convenient accident.4000 pounds was pushed over on me by a fork truck.I walked away from it with 18 stitches in my head.I was hurting ,i was out for a month only getting 1 week workmans comp.I went back there and i them hard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links