Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It'll be ok ticm, i know and understand, i think you do, too.
Just close your eyes and say 3 times;
There's no place like home, there's no place like home, there's no place like home.
:laughing7:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
WHEN YOU REALLY THINK ABOUT IT, If all times were good, there would really be no good times. In reality, it is the bad times that make the good times stand out. It's like if you had everything in life that you wanted, it would be a boring life. Think of it in treasure hunting terms. It's the thrill of the hunt stacked on many failures that make the find so good. Frank

Attachments

• 111 -120-Poppy.jpg
    111 -120-Poppy.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 70

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHEN YOU REALLY THINK ABOUT IT, If all times were good, there would really be no good times. In reality, it is the bad times that make the good times stand out. It's like if you had everything in life that you wanted, it would be a boring life. Think of it in treasure hunting terms. It's the thrill of the hunt stacked on many failures that make the find so good. Frank

I think I can safely say, if I had everything I wanted in life my life would be LESS boring! :icon_thumleft:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Bigscoop, believe me, I have seen both sides of life. If you had everything you want, the boring would set in in due course and there would be no reason to go on. Why do you think those millionairs that built this country kept wanting more and more even after they had more then they could spend. When you stop moving forward in life, you wilt and die. Frank

Attachments

• 111-2 700 head of old man.jpg
    111-2 700 head of old man.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 65

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Depression Section"....or...."Doom & Gloom Room"......:laughing7:

Frank, I have so many interest in life I could never pursue half of them to where I would want to go. And having everything in life isn't all about money. :wink: Most of it already lives within. :icon_thumleft:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually the banksters have more money than they can spend in 10 life times.What they are after now is POWER.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've known many who have made tens of millions during their career and have nothing to show for it. You'd be very surprised how quickly you can burn through a ton of cash very quickly. And of course many of these people just kick the bucket at 50 from a heart attach from stress and the 80 hour work week. Everyone has got there problems!!

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frank, I have so many interest in life I could never pursue half of them to where I would want to go. And having everything in life isn't all about money. :wink: Most of it already lives within. :icon_thumleft:
Yup! Tell me about it.
cool.gif

Imho, I think most have missed the fundamentals of what the brain is for and how to build it.
I do recognize, we have been given a faulty tool, designed to fail. Not sure yet if that's nature or nurture.
Maybe some of both.

With the right perceptions though, one can get over it. It's not always easy (because it's so easy, but many see no need of things, such as 'their brains', got an app for that?), but it's doable.
That's why you got to say it 3 times.
laughing7.gif

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
In my opinion,what people call doom and gloom i see as information.Whether of a positive or negative light ,or anything else you want to call it,its still information.Where are you going without information?No place.How are you going to be without information,not to well.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IMHO. A positive attitude is power. A negative attitude is already waving the flag of defeat.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Gaining any kind or type of information is always positive,no matter what information it may be.Remember information=power

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gaining any kind or type of information is always positive,no matter what information it may be.Remember information=power

I have to disagree. There is information that is motivating and inspiring and then there is information that leads to depression of the mind and senses. "Attitude" is everything in life, it determines the very essence of life and one's perception of it. This isn't to say that we should remain ignorant of the negative, or of those threats that are real, however, continuing to dwell on the negatives and propagating the negatives only serves to strengthen the disease of premature defeat. I for one will continue to try to find the positives in most things, and in life. It will only be after I am dead and gone that I will agree to wave the flag of defeat over humanity, which is obviously an impossible notion. :icon_thumleft:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ticm, it's not so much the doom and gloom, it's the resolution of all earth's mysteries on overdrive :tongue3:

OP
OP
ticm

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
spartacus53 said:
ticm, it's not so much the doom and gloom, it's the resolution of all earth's mysteries on overdrive :tongue3:

LMAO, It's amazing what my little comment started here. Yet another mystery.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

.:laughing7:.....it goes back to the 70's....campfire, a fat one, and a lot of deep, earthly debates and discussions about all things worldly. Eventually it would lead to, "What if our galaxy was just a minute particle under someone else's fingernail?" This could mean that we only have until he picks his nose.

OP
OP
ticm

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
bigscoop said:
.:laughing7:.....it goes back to the 70's....campfire, a fat one, and a lot of deep, earthly debates and discussions about all things worldly. Eventually it would lead to, "What if our galaxy was just a minute particle under someone else's fingernail?" This could mean that we only have until he picks his nose.

LMAO

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have to disagree. There is information that is motivating and inspiring and then there is information that leads to depression of the mind and senses. "Attitude" is everything in life, it determines the very essence of life and one's perception of it. This isn't to say that we should remain ignorant of the negative, or of those threats that are real, however, continuing to dwell on the negatives and propagating the negatives only serves to strengthen the disease of premature defeat. I for one will continue to try to find the positives in most things, and in life. It will only be after I am dead and gone that I will agree to wave the flag of defeat over humanity, which is obviously an impossible notion.

That can be true,but,yet again negative info can have quite the opposite effect of premature defeat.Those that let negative info hinder them and give them a defeatist attitude most likely suffered from defeatism anyway.It only strengthens my resolve and perseverance when i read whats going on.I have never and never will be a defeatist.I do not surrender and i never give up until i accomplish what i set out to do and i always accomplish what i set out to do.Weak minds make weak hearts and vice versa and thats where all info comes in handy.Many a time Napoleon turned certain defeat into incredible victories.Ignorance breeds defeat,and not having every scrap of info at your disposal,good or bad, makes that certain.Adapt and overcome.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That can be true,but,yet again negative info can have quite the opposite effect of premature defeat.Those that let negative info hinder them and give them a defeatist attitude most likely suffered from defeatism anyway.It only strengthens my resolve and perseverance when i read whats going on.I have never and never will be a defeatist.I do not surrender and i never give up until i accomplish what i set out to do and i always accomplish what i set out to do.Weak minds make weak hearts and vice versa and thats where all info comes in handy.Many a time Napoleon turned certain defeat into incredible victories.Ignorance breeds defeat,and not having every scrap of info at your disposal,good or bad, makes that certain.Adapt and overcome.

Problem is this, Red, and I know a great deal about Napoleon. As is often the case, he who starts being a freedom fighter often must become a dictator himself, just as happened to Napoleon. :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread