More Common Then We realize. Most cops are good.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's been all over the local news here. The one thing they forgot to mention is that Larry carries that receipt with him to remind him how good he has it, and how others are in need. He should be fired for spreading the wealth :tongue3:

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can't wait for all the cop haters to chime in here. Good ole Larry.

In my experience, there's nearly always a reason why most cop hates hate cops. Sort of an earned hate. :laughing7:

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
bigscoop said:
In my experience, there's nearly always a reason why most cop hates hate cops. Sort of an earned hate. :laughing7:

You got that right.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Good post bigscoop another rare one.Technically you cant really say most cops are good as you cant technically say most cops are bad.The point being is that the standard for hiring has been lowered drastically over a number of years by the DOJ.Lowered standards mean lower intelligence.That is a proven fact.The norm now a days is that they want police officers that dont use their heads or hold an ounce of common sense.They want officers that will obey orders, regardless of what that order,is without thinking about it.I know,I get first hand information about it.To show the wide margin here, for every hundred or so videos i see about bad cops,i may see one or two about a good cop.A good cop holds the oath he took above all else,dont you agree?To not follow that oath that cop should be stripped off his uniform.Anything less is a farce.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Yep , you are right , RJC . A few good ones out of videos of hundreds . Ever stop to think about the thousands of good ones that don't get on video ?

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good post bigscoop another rare one.Technically you cant really say most cops are good as you cant technically say most cops are bad.The point being is that the standard for hiring has been lowered drastically over a number of years by the DOJ.Lowered standards mean lower intelligence.That is a proven fact.The norm now a days is that they want police officers that dont use their heads or hold an ounce of common sense.They want officers that will obey orders, regardless of what that order,is without thinking about it.I know,I get first hand information about it.To show the wide margin here, for every hundred or so videos i see about bad cops,i may see one or two about a good cop.A good cop holds the oath he took above all else,dont you agree?To not follow that oath that cop should be stripped off his uniform.Anything less is a farce.

Red, I have to disagree. Nearly all of the officers I know are fairly intelligent people. I'm sure your first hand information is probably heavily biased. You see less videos about the good acts because they're common and good actions don't stir controversy. But let a good cop make one mistake or awkward move and the "I hate authority figure" types respond like a pack of wolves charging a sick animal.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm sure your first hand information is probably heavily biased

I dont think so bigscoop,my information comes from my brother,he's deputy chief in his department.He tells me things.He's a 24 year veteran,this year, in his department.What you say may or may not be true,us,we'll probably never know the truth whether theres more good or more bad cops.But the point remains that the standards were lowered and that is bound to bring more bad apples into the bushel.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont think so bigscoop,my information comes from my brother,he's deputy chief in his department.He tells me things.He's a 24 year veteran,this year, in his department.What you say may or may not be true,us,we'll probably never know the truth whether theres more good or more bad cops.But the point remains that the standards were lowered and that is bound to bring more bad apples into the bushel.

Red, I lived all my life in north central Indiana, Marion, Ft. Wayne, Wabash, etc., and I have watched these cities and their enforcement departments grow and the standards have not been decreased, they have been increase by leaps and bounds. "Barney" and "Andy" use to be the standard but not anymore. Times have changed, society and our culture has changed, technology has changed, and the threats have changed, and requirements and training have changed with that. It's just not old school anymore. :icon_thumleft:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Scoop buddy youre missing the point.The standards set for hiring police officers have been lowered.What that means is the person who wasnt qualified to become a cop for various reasons 10 - 20 years ago is today now qualified.Its a proven fact look it up.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scoop buddy youre missing the point.The standards set for hiring police officers have been lowered.What that means is the person who wasnt qualified to become a cop for various reasons 10 - 20 years ago is today now qualified.Its a proven fact look it up.

Maybe where you live. But where I grew up and lived most of my life I know better. Today you can't become a cop just because your uncle or father was/is one. Today we have more cultural diversity in law enforcement, another good thing. You keep trying to beat down the system until the cows come home but most people are smart enough to see through your consistent pattern of bashing authority in any way you can. And by the way Red, Hostess did use ovens. :laughing7: See what I mean, too much info can be a bad thing. But it's all good, we just live in different worlds and view them much differently. :icon_thumleft:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep , you are right , RJC . A few good ones out of videos of hundreds . Ever stop to think about the thousands of good ones that don't get on video ?

Truckin, save your breath. :tongue3: No one wants to see videos of good cops, it's too boring :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember this too, the video is coming out in the beginning of the Christmas season. Tis the season to be jolly, so lets show the cop in this folly.

Yup, it's the time for goodwill to all, then come December 26th, all bets are off and we're back to hating again :laughing7:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
So what youre saying scoop is that the DOJ (Department of Justice)sent fake information telling them to lower the scoring standards of the police officers.Yup thats all fake scoop,I made it all up LMFAO.Youre so blinded by the media rubbish that you watch.WOW,all i can say is>>>>>>>> LOOK IT UP FOR YOURSELF<<<<<<<<<or are you AFRAID of what you might find out.

You keep trying to beat down the system until the cows come home but most people are smart enough to see through your consistent pattern of bashing authority in any way you can.

By the way since when is telling the truth about corrupt system bashing.If you want to follow a completely corrupt system you go right ahead buddy,knock yourself out.That makes you part of the problem not part of the solution.It puts you right on par with what they are.

Last edited:

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome to see this.. No conspiracy theorist here, but my experiences with police officers have been very bad in general.. (They were definitely not respectful to me in any way).. I truly love this though.. We need many more officers like him in this country..

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Today you can't become a cop just because your uncle or father was/is one.

Cop claims cadets got special treatment Source: Knew people in high places Updated: Wednesday, 23 May 2012, 10:20 AM MDT Published : Wednesday, 23 May 2012, 10:05 AM MDT Alex Tomlin Alex Tomlin ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - Albuquerque Police vowed to raise its standards and hire better officers, in the wake of recent police shootings. However, KRQE News 13 has learned a few unqualified recruits are being pushed along because of who they know. Standards lowered, rules bent and exceptions made. That is what sources say is happening in the Albuquerque Police Department and some of the allegations go all the way to the top.
"Most people don't hear about this stuff outside of the department," a source said. KRQE News 13 is protecting his identity. He is an Albuquerque cop, and he knows things the police department may not want you to know. "Trust me everyone knows life is not fair, but that doesn't mean that the selection process shouldn't be," said the source. According to the source, special treatment for Cadet Gary Carlisle made him come forward. Gary Carlisle was a police service aid, who tried to become a cop before but could not pass the physical test. "But because he was already in the system so to speak and had connections inside the department he was allowed to start the academy over the objections of a lot of people," said the source. A source says Carlisle knows two deputy chiefs and was not only allowed back into the academy but was also given an APD personal trainer. The source also says another cadet then made sexual harassment claims against Carlisle and newly appointed Deputy Chief Steve Warfield kicked him out of the academy just recently. There are other cadets with high connections. According to the source, former Commander Ron Hetes' son failed two polygraphs; one because he tried to use something to help him pass the lie detector test. Deputy Chief Allen Banks said Hetes will have to wait a year before re-applying but sources say he's been told he won't have to wait. Sources also say lying should have disqualified him for life. Also according to the source, Commander Harold Medina's wife is going to get a chance in the next class, even though she lacks the requirements. "Sixty college hours basically an associate's degree or three years military," said the source. Commander Medina did not want to discuss his wife's employment because it's between her and the city and has nothing to do with him. APD says it could not respond to these allegations because questions were personnel matters. The department did send a statement saying the process to become an officer is rigorous. APD also said the cadet accused of sexual harassment quit the academy and was not kicked out of the academy.

(Given to us by APD FAN)

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Heres how blind you and a lot of people are in here scoop.Show me one post in here that states that im against authority,just one thats all I want.Cant find one can you?Keep looking,still cant find one can you?,go in the archives look around,still cant find one can you??See scoop I'm not against cops,I'm against CORRUPTION,let me repeat that so it sinks in CORRUPTION.The only cops I'm against are the ones that dont follow the oath that they took,to me thats important.Now do you see a problem with that?If you do then you have some serious issues to deal with my friend.A cop that doesnt value the oath he took in my opinion is CORRUPT.If you have a problem with me being against and telling the truth about a CORRUPT SYSTEM well then you again have some serious issues.Remember scoop absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread