police pepper spray right-to-work advocates in Michigan capital

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gee, apparently the police are pro-union too, just like the present day feds. I wonder if those police will get fired and the advocates given hundreds of thousands of dollars like happened when the losers protested at our California college. ?? doubt it. :(
If we can't get out from under the giving away of our tax money to the non-functioning, we got to at least get out from under the country-crippling unions.

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
packerbacker said:
Gee, apparently the police are pro-union too, just like the present day feds. I wonder if those police will get fired and the advocates given hundreds of thousands of dollars like happened when the losers protested at our California college. ?? doubt it. :(
If we can't get out from under the giving away of our tax money to the non-functioning, we got to at least get out from under the country-crippling unions.

I cant respond without politics being involved.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know ticm..................it's tough. Thing is, we had those "college" students blocking a public sidewalk here in CA during one of those dumba$$ occupy things and a cop pepper sprayed them so they would move. They should have tased them and kept the juice on for an extended period!! The brats ended up getting a bunch of money and the cop fired.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I admit, there does have to be a watchdog group making sure workers are paid a "FAIR" wage but it doesn't have to be a union out to get rich and close down companies that don't yield to their demands. There are other organizations to handle these matters that don't require dues. The police could have tasered some of these folks too. The police have their union also so I don't think they will get too rough with these protesters.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
uhh, I hate to break it to you but the story is, "police pepper spray pro union protesters in Michigan". For some reason I thought there was a part of the U.S. Constitution that allowed the citizens to protest what they thought were the wrong actions of the government
without being pepper sprayed. Or is there only the 2nd Amendment? They, the amendments, are ALL there for a reason.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you are correct davest............it should read police pepper spray right-to-work protesters in Michigan capital, not advocates.

I'm saying they went easy on the union protesters that were trying to rush past state troopers to get into the chambers at the capital. You never know what people will do and if the police had used tasers I wouldn't blame them. They write these articles in a way that is supposed to get me upset because police used pepper spray on some idiots??

Last edited:

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I feel they should take that pesky part of the bill of rights out of the constitution, don't you think so? I mean, you never know what these protestors are going to do or want and it would make it so much easier if we didn't have to deal with messy items like civil rights. Right?

Hey, I'm just askin.

Anybody got any video of the storming? I've looked around but haven't been able to find anything that
even looks like 4 people pushing on the troopers. I'm just asking this because.....

Last edited:

the bone

Jul 8, 2012
michigan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I feel they should take that pesky part of the bill of rights out of the constitution, don't you think so? I mean, you never know what these protestors are going to do or want and it would make it so much easier if we didn't have to deal with messy items like civil rights. Right?

Hey, I'm just askin.

Hey they didn't get pepper sprayed for protesting they got pepper sprayed for storming the chambers. I'd like to see if that would be all that happened if protesters stormed the chambers at the us house of representitives. When you try something like that you are no longer peaceful protesters you are an angry mob and angry mobs get dispersed its that simple.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
PROTEST ALL YOU WANT!!! Just don't interfere with any of my rights, don't stop me from free passage on public property where I have every legal right to be and don't try to force your way into anywhere that you have been to stay out of by state troopers. Basically you obey the law. I know that's not a very popular statement to make in some circles but that's just the way it is. There are legal, peaceful avenues to get laws changed so, if you don't like what the troopers did, try and prove they weren't within their rights and sue 'em. If you try and storm past them, you loose.
I haven't seen any video either so I'm going by what I've read in more than 1 source.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I certainly am glad our founding fathers didn't feel that way. But to each his own I guess.

When they pass those laws to take away your firearms, remember your own words.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The constitution didn't grant them exorbitant wages and benefits and a carefree retirement for performing menial tasks on a "monkey-could-perform-this-task" assembly line. BIG difference between that and the 2nd Amendment.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Be careful with posts, if it turns any more political it will be locked, I want edit or delete posts.

OP
OP
packerbacker

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why your new Chevy costs so much as clipped from a article:

Take grass cutting. As defined by the current United Auto Worker contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top parts makers Delphi and Visteon), an auto "production worker" is a job description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the toilets. In the real world, these jobs would be outsourced to $8 an hour, no-benefit wage earners, but on Planet Big Five, these jobs get the same wages as any auto line-worker: an average $26 an hour ($60,000 a year) plus benefits that bring the company's total cost per worker to a staggering $65 an hour.

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why your new Chevy costs so much as clipped from a article:

Take grass cutting. As defined by the current United Auto Worker contract negotiated with the "Big Five" (GM, Ford, Chrysler, and top parts makers Delphi and Visteon), an auto "production worker" is a job description that covers anything from mowing grass to cleaning the toilets. In the real world, these jobs would be outsourced to $8 an hour, no-benefit wage earners, but on Planet Big Five, these jobs get the same wages as any auto line-worker: an average $26 an hour ($60,000 a year) plus benefits that bring the company's total cost per worker to a staggering $65 an hour.

All the more reason to pepper spray em. Now if we could just get the kids back in the coal mines, imagine how much lower our power bills would be.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is good and bad about unions just like there is good and bad about churches, companies, corporations, schools, militaries, or any group that is comprised of humans. I laugh when people suggest the need for unions is no longer there, especially since wages have been held stagnant for workers since 1979 when adjusted for inflation. When I read of incompetent executives and CEO's tanking companies and then walking away with millions, but that is ignored by some people so they can focus their complaints on unions, I know a political agenda is at work that has nothing to do with fairness.

Corporate profits are through the roof, their taxes have never been lower, and they are currently sitting on over 3 TRILLION in cash on the sidelines. Not paying dividends, not lending it, not investing it, just hoarding it. AND they refuse to create new jobs or hire with that money. A tax cut would simply heap more hoarded money onto that pile, and would result in the same job growth we have now - close to zero! THAT is my focus, not the little guy who is just trying to keep his head above water on an assembly line. I am focused on the real wrongdoers, not the scapegoat some would have us focus on to promote their agendas...

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
All the more reason to pepper spray em. Now if we could just get the kids back in the coal mines, imagine how much lower our power bills would be.
I hand loaded coal in a 2 pony/2 mine car 'dog hole' from the age of 12 to the age of 15 . I'm proud of that fact and don't see where it scarred me for life . The 20 years I spent underground in a union mine from 18 to 38 was just another dirty hole in the earth .
>More young kids need to be pried away from the video games and forced to work for a living to give them the incentive to do more with their lives .

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
More young kids need to be pried away from the video games and forced to work for a living to give them the incentive to do more with their lives .

Thats where a boot in the a$$ comes in handy,oh wait thats against the law now,to discipline your kid:laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread