Im cranky as a stepped on baby !

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
I'm cranky as a stepped on baby !

I've invested 12 weeks in getting some dentures . Only got 7 teeth left . Dentist and I worked together during this time to have me a new set of teeth to put in same day as extraction and thrill my family with my new teeth for Christmas :BangHead:
Everything was in place yesterday when I got there to 'get er done' . Looked at my new teeth
laying on the counter top when I relaxed in the chair .
They programmed classic country on the big screen in front of me and started the nitrous . I started buzzin on that and remembered a different roadhouse evening 'belly rubbin'dancin or fighting for each song .
Then they daubed some topical anesthetic on my gums and about 3 songs later they started with the novacaine to get serious about this deal . It was down hill from there .
Total of 14 injections over the next 2 hours and they couldn't get me numb enough to extract teeth .
Consumed enough nitrous oxide to boost a rail across a quarter mile . Enjoyed my personal 'jukebox memories' for a couple hours .
Lips and tongue swolled up like a guy lost in the desert and I still got to visit an oral surgeon
Jan 2 to get the teeth out .
No new teeth for Christmas :sadsmiley:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry to hear that! Trying to postpone that here. In between visits with a week of a new tooth ache caused from last visit. Good thing there's no shine in the house
Or i,d be walking on my elbows. Hang in there you,ll get turtle lips yet.
Years ago on Paul Harveys radio program he mentioned an ol gal refused(more likely couldn't, afford) dentures. She kept at eating and eventually was eating steak and corn on the cob. Turtle indeed. No mention of her whistling ability. Hang in there truckin butch.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All I wanted for Christmas was a mouth full of teeth, a mouth full of teeth, a mouth full of teeth, all I wanted........now I see how they came up with that other song. :)

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I don't have many left either. A couple of years ago, I had a root canal done. Got the dentist to write a prescription for Valium. Went across the street to a pharmacy and picked up the 1 pill, it was heart shaped. I popped the pill. One half hour later I sat in the chair, got 3 shots of Novocaine and he started drilling for root. He put in the corkscrew and yanked out the nerve. I felt it all, but you know, I didn't care.
There is a dentist in T net that installs those pins in your jaw that the teeth snap onto. That is the way to go. It is extremely hard to eat with full plates that don't snap in. I think he can do it in one day. Frank

Attachments

• 6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 004-1.jpg
    6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 004-1.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 111

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions