Why has the press ignored the Arizona terrorist bombing?

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Why has the press ignored the Arizona terrorist bombing?

December 3, 2012
By: Dave Gibson

Abdullatif Aldosary, 47, will be formally arraigned in federal court today on several state and federal charges.

The Iraqi refugee was arrested on Friday, less than two hours after an explosive device was detonated at a Social Security office in Casa Grande, Ariz.

The Casa Grande Dispatch reported:

The back door and wall were charred and debris was thrown throughout the back parking lot, damaging a car parked nearby.

The office was not yet open but more than 10 employees were inside, police said.

A witness was able to provide police with a license plate number on a small dark-colored compact car that fled the scene. The registration showed an address in the Martin Valley subdivision of Coolidge. Coolidge Police Department officers found the vehicle at the Lemon Avenue address. The homeowner, Aldosary, was turned over to the FBI shortly before 10 a.m.

Throughout the weekend, FBI, Homeland Security, Federal Protective Service and U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives agents searched Aldosary's home, collecting evidence.

This is not Aldosary's first run in with the law.

In September, the foreign national was charged with assault and disorderly conduct, and Aldosary also served time for aggravated harassment charges after he threatened an employer in 2008, according to KSAZ.

While an act of terrorism would seem to be newsworthy, the story has received barely a mention from the national press.

CNN and Reuters both ran very brief reports on the attack late Friday night, but neither of them announced the name of the suspect who had been in custody for more than 12 hours.

So, why has the press refused to cover this story?

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Thanks for the story. I could answer your question, but in my opinion, it would bring politics into it, and that being a no no, I guess I'll have to say that I have no answer.

Bill

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually the answer was included in the article but i had to edit it out otherwise i couldnt of posted it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread