Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Plano Police Officer Wraps $100 Bill In Traffic Ticket

December 11, 2012 10:12 PM

PLANO (CBSDFW.COM) - A traffic stop in Plano ended like unlike any you’ve ever heard about before.

It started when Hayden Carlo was pulled over for an expired registration sticker.

Carlo says he’s been struggling to support his wife and two small children.

“You get paid, pay your bills, and there’s your money. It’s gone.”

He told the officer he had no excuse for the expired sticker.

“I said ‘there’s no explanation for why I haven’t done it, except I don’t have the money.’ I said ‘it was either feed my kids or get my registration done.”

The officer wrote a citation and handed it to the 25-year-old. Carlo says when he took it, he could not believe what he saw.

“I opened it up and there’s a 100 dollar bill. I broke down in my car what else could I do.”

The officer never told anyone about the $100 gift. But Carlo’s grandfather, Billy McIntire, was so moved by the kind gesture he wrote a letter to the department.

“I get emotional when we talk about this type of thing,” McIntire says. “You just don’t find that many officers who would do this type of thing.”

While other officers around the country have recently been recognized for similar acts, this officer wants to remain anonymous. His coworkers plan to honor him anyway.

“As he told me, this man needed it more than him, and it was the right thing to do,” says fellow officer and department spokesperson David Tilley.

Carlo was able to update his the registrations on his car and his wife’s car with the money. He’s now driving to a new job and providing for his growing family, after a gift from the last person he would have expected to help during tough times.

“He helped me out when I needed it and I appreciate that. I’ll never forget that man,” Carlo says. “It definitely restored my faith in God.”

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Darn it Red!!! That one made me cry.. :notworthy:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Awesome story. Just shows there are still good people in the world!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Who knows someday soon maybe more of them will start living up to the oath they swore to instead of making a mockery of it.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
Good story I just hope these kind people don't get screwed by some fool making up a story to either get out of something or to get something for free. You know there are fools who will take this opertunity to screw good people.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
you must like cops ! Don't judge all by the action of one , not all cops are good ! Most are bad

sorry ! in a good mood, couldn't resist Messin'.
since if it was a bad cop story, some one would say that in reverse :laughing7:

By the way, how much was the Fine with costs ? $150 ? $250 ?
& I checked snopes, but the fact it's all over the net has me thinking new urban legend but :dontknow:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread