Status
Not open for further replies.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Onfire, it wasn't deleted because of the subject, the post contained politics, I will not edit political posts, I delete..... As per our rules....

"You may not.... Start a thread to specifically promote or discuss politics or religion or respond in a political or religious fashion to a post if it's not somehow tied to treasure hunting."

"We make no guarantees as to the lifespan of a post or thread, or attachment. We reserve the right to delete any post at any time for any reason."

"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public."

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you T.H. That line is getting to be as thin as a hair. Guess their eye's are upon us.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OF, admins and owner have said they do not want any politics on forums. A post subject may not be political perse, but if it contains political references, links or politics it violates our rules and will be locked and or removed.

TN is a treasure site, while we do have some forums not related to treasure, politics is not one of them.

As per our rules and user agreement ever member agrees to by posting here we can delete any thread or post at any time, for any reason, posts that violate our rules we be edited or deleted.

Since members complained we edited their post or removed it from a thread that was political in nature and left others alone I will no longer edit political posts, I will lock and or delete thread if it was the reason a political post or reply was posted. If topic had nothing to do with politics I will delete the post not the thread.

There are sites for politics, TreasureNet is just not one of them. Even though I agree with over 80% of them they still do not belong here per our rules, admins and owner wishes.

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Please excuse me, but it appears that the removal of "political posts" is causing more contention than the posts themselves do. In my humble opinion, everything on T Net is not treasure related. T Net appears to be a social forum that is patronized mainly by treasure hunters, but the topics vary. Just my opinion. Frank 6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 056-1.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn,

your correct like I said we do have a few off topic forums that are not treasure related, but like I also said admins and owners made it clear they want NO politics, hence the rule " no politics or political replies if not directly related to treasure hunting".

The problem is not TreasureNet not allowing politics, the problem is members not adhering to TN rules and the "user agreement" that every member here agrees to by posting here.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
TH, I agree with everything you stated except one word. That word is 4 lines down and 4 words over. Just my opinion! Frank

PS That old political thread didn't bother me in the least, because I never looked at it on purpose. 6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 056-1.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't think the rule that says "no politics" isn't clear?

"You may not.... Start a thread to specifically promote or discuss politics or religion or respond in a political or religious fashion to a post if it's not somehow tied to treasure hunting."

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don't think the rule that says "no politics" isn't clear?

So how do we discuss the problem with dredging in California? ATV rules in several states? How to hide a super find (Keeping it a secret from who if not the Government?)How about metal detecting rules handed down from the Government. I'm sure these examples all refer to Politics in some way, yet are banned from a treasure related site? Guess we will have to come up with a code or cipher. one that the cry baby's won't understand. Just kidding.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
of....I guess those types of posts WOULD have something to do with treasure hunting and most would probably be acceptable. I just think they are trying to keep T-Net a "friendly" sort of place and when you allow folks to discuss politics or religion it seems that someone usually gets upset. Kinda like the Thanksgiving family table. :)
I guess ghosts, paranormal activity and dowsing aren't controversial subjects. :)

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
TH, I understand the rules, It's the logic behind them that creates problems. Take a look at Packerbacker's post. It implies that politics are ok if there is a treasure hunting theme involved. As you can see, that is a very wavy line that divides things and keeps you busy. Just my opinion, Frank

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 056-1.jpg

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
To add a few cents worth of my opinion.Basically what is happening here is everybody is being punished for what a few do.To me that holds no logic.Back when the rubber room was here I would be constantly attacked for posting my beliefs,which as a matter of fact were and are the truth,so in reality you could say they were not beliefs, i posted the truth.Seems to me the members starting the problems should have been the ones punished,not everybody else.So for a few members actions,the people that enjoy trading information and keeping other people informed on current and world events get punished.Its all common sense.The way that I see it,whats going on now,in the world and right here in this country,is pretty important.Information,it is the life blood to people like us,the citizens of this country,seeing as how the main stream media finds a pregnancy more important to broadcast than the growing threat of WW3.Theres a lot of good people here,dont they deserve to know?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Onfire why make it difficult? Has anyone actually read the rules?

You own an upscale restaurant, you require everone to wear a shirt to be served yet some people constantly come in and sit down and tell you they want to order food and they dont care about your rules. Do you serve them because they dont like your rules, or do you enforce the rules in YOUR restaurant that you bought with your hard earned money?

TreasureNet is a privately owned business, owners have the right to set rules, in the America I live in it is a right and I support it.

You want to discuss politics your welcome to go to a political site to do so ..

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Red it is the truth according to you.

Our rules are clear and posted. They are enforced. There is no rubber room. Admins have said any member that insists on pushing politics can be banned. I have tried to be patient and fair but this is getting old.

If you feel you have to post and discuss politics even though it violates our rules then it is best if you look for another forum.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread open for short time...

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I lost the copy and paste so i'll do it from memory.

Nah something tells me to stick around,I like it here.Quite a few people would miss me,including you i bet.You would miss hashing it out with me every once and a while,come on admit it.To tell you the truth TH,Ive come to like you a bit over the last month or so.Whats a little rabble rousing to break up the day.You take what you do here seriously and I can respect that.I too take my job very seriously,as an American citizen.Thats just who I am.What the owners here dont realize is that the members make this website,no members,no website.Just food for thought for them,actually a banquet is more like it.No threat of any kind here,no nothing,thats just the honest truth.The members make Treasure net.No hard feelings TH,I'm just a stubborn S.O.B. ,more than you'll ever realize.Cheers :occasion14:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I lost the copy and paste so i'll do it from memory.

Nah something tells me to stick around,I like it here.Quite a few people would miss me,including you i bet.You would miss hashing it out with me every once and a while,come on admit it.To tell you the truth TH,Ive come to like you a bit over the last month or so.Whats a little rabble rousing to break up the day.You take what you do here seriously and I can respect that.I too take my job very seriously,as an American citizen.Thats just who I am.What the owners here dont realize is that the members make this website,no members,no website.Just food for thought for them,actually a banquet is more like it.No threat of any kind here,no nothing,thats just the honest truth.The members make Treasure net.No hard feelings TH,I'm just a stubborn S.O.B. ,more than you'll ever realize.Cheers :occasion14:

Red, I am not trying to run you off, only enforce the rules....I do not let my personal opinions get in the way of what I do.....I also have very strong beliefs as well and they do not lean to the left. TreasureNet is averaging 10's of thousand of visits a day now, owners know members make a forum, but rules is what keeps order in a forum...

I remember the rubber room, I also remember the complaints and they were not from just a few members they were from lots of members, I even had members contacting me complaining and I was not even a moderator, but they knew I talked to Marc. I know other members that had lots of members contacting them as well all complaining about the politics, mud slinging, name calling and the rubber room....Marc asked me if I was interested in being moderator for rubber room and told him I would be interested in being a moderator, but not for the rubber room..

None of that really matters, there are new owners now and they said no politics... Politics causes problems and hard feelings between members that don't agree just like at family functions....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread