Political bullets
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Political bullets

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1335 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

Political bullets

How can discussing hollow point bullets be Political? What's the big deal once I picked up a dude who was shot with a 223. Shot in the shoulder and it came out his A$$ Oh that hurt. Liked your story Red.
    Red James Cash likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    34038 times
    Onfire, it wasn't deleted because of the subject, the post contained politics, I will not edit political posts, I delete..... As per our rules....

"You may not.... Start a thread to specifically promote or discuss politics or religion or respond in a political or religious fashion to a post if it's not somehow tied to treasure hunting."

"We make no guarantees as to the lifespan of a post or thread, or attachment. We reserve the right to delete any post at any time for any reason."

"Users may disagree with the decisions or actions of the moderators and/or administrators, however, disagreements, criticism and the like are not to be aired within the forums. Please feel free to PM the person directly rather than air your dirty laundry in public."

PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

I excercise my right to keep and bear arms 24/7/365

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1335 times
    Thank you T.H. That line is getting to be as thin as a hair. Guess their eye's are upon us.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    34038 times
    OF, admins and owner have said they do not want any politics on forums. A post subject may not be political perse, but if it contains political references, links or politics it violates our rules and will be locked and or removed.

TN is a treasure site, while we do have some forums not related to treasure, politics is not one of them.

As per our rules and user agreement ever member agrees to by posting here we can delete any thread or post at any time, for any reason, posts that violate our rules we be edited or deleted.

Since members complained we edited their post or removed it from a thread that was political in nature and left others alone I will no longer edit political posts, I will lock and or delete thread if it was the reason a political post or reply was posted. If topic had nothing to do with politics I will delete the post not the thread.

There are sites for politics, TreasureNet is just not one of them. Even though I agree with over 80% of them they still do not belong here per our rules, admins and owner wishes.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Dec 13, 2012 at 08:39 AM.

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
    2989 times
    Please excuse me, but it appears that the removal of "political posts" is causing more contention than the posts themselves do. In my humble opinion, everything on T Net is not treasure related. T Net appears to be a social forum that is patronized mainly by treasure hunters, but the topics vary. Just my opinion. FrankClick image for larger version. 

Name:	6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 056-1.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	180.7 KB 
ID:	712325

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    34038 times
    Frankn,

your correct like I said we do have a few off topic forums that are not treasure related, but like I also said admins and owners made it clear they want NO politics, hence the rule " no politics or political replies if not directly related to treasure hunting".

The problem is not TreasureNet not allowing politics, the problem is members not adhering to TN rules and the "user agreement" that every member here agrees to by posting here.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    2989 times
    TH, I agree with everything you stated except one word. That word is 4 lines down and 4 words over. Just my opinion! Frank

PS That old political thread didn't bother me in the least, because I never looked at it on purpose.Click image for larger version. 

Views:	73 
ID:	712331

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    34038 times
    You don't think the rule that says "no politics" isn't clear?

"You may not.... Start a thread to specifically promote or discuss politics or religion or respond in a political or religious fashion to a post if it's not somehow tied to treasure hunting."

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

us
    onfire

Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    1335 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    You don't think the rule that says "no politics" isn't clear?

So how do we discuss the problem with dredging in California? ATV rules in several states? How to hide a super find (Keeping it a secret from who if not the Government?)How about metal detecting rules handed down from the Government. I'm sure these examples all refer to Politics in some way, yet are banned from a treasure related site? Guess we will have to come up with a code or cipher. one that the cry baby's won't understand. Just kidding.

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2993 times
    of....I guess those types of posts WOULD have something to do with treasure hunting and most would probably be acceptable. I just think they are trying to keep T-Net a "friendly" sort of place and when you allow folks to discuss politics or religion it seems that someone usually gets upset. Kinda like the Thanksgiving family table.
    I guess ghosts, paranormal activity and dowsing aren't controversial subjects.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

us
    I deal in reality

Mar 2010
    Maryland
    2989 times
    TH, I understand the rules, It's the logic behind them that creates problems. Take a look at Packerbacker's post. It implies that politics are ok if there is a treasure hunting theme involved. As you can see, that is a very wavy line that divides things and keeps you busy. Just my opinion, Frank

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	78 
ID:	712498

us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7976 times
    The Truth
    To add a few cents worth of my opinion.Basically what is happening here is everybody is being punished for what a few do.To me that holds no logic.Back when the rubber room was here I would be constantly attacked for posting my beliefs,which as a matter of fact were and are the truth,so in reality you could say they were not beliefs, i posted the truth.Seems to me the members starting the problems should have been the ones punished,not everybody else.So for a few members actions,the people that enjoy trading information and keeping other people informed on current and world events get punished.Its all common sense.The way that I see it,whats going on now,in the world and right here in this country,is pretty important.Information,it is the life blood to people like us,the citizens of this country,seeing as how the main stream media finds a pregnancy more important to broadcast than the growing threat of WW3.Theres a lot of good people here,dont they deserve to know?

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    34038 times
    Onfire why make it difficult? Has anyone actually read the rules?

You own an upscale restaurant, you require everone to wear a shirt to be served yet some people constantly come in and sit down and tell you they want to order food and they dont care about your rules. Do you serve them because they dont like your rules, or do you enforce the rules in YOUR restaurant that you bought with your hard earned money?

TreasureNet is a privately owned business, owners have the right to set rules, in the America I live in it is a right and I support it.

You want to discuss politics your welcome to go to a political site to do so ..
    truckinbutch likes this.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    34038 times
    Red it is the truth according to you.

Our rules are clear and posted. They are enforced. There is no rubber room. Admins have said any member that insists on pushing politics can be banned. I have tried to be patient and fair but this is getting old.

If you feel you have to post and discuss politics even though it violates our rules then it is best if you look for another forum.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Dec 13, 2012 at 10:29 PM.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    34038 times
    Thread open for short time...

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links