Gun controll comment on TV***

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
look at how keeping illegal drugs out of the bad guys hands is working, never gonna happen. as long as the bad guys have guns so will i. you can kick me off here if you want but i still have the right to free speach and to bear arms. maybe someday an armed law abiding citizen will save your life and others around you in a movie theater somewhere, then again maybe not.
The first day on the battlefield I didn't try to tell the General how to run the war . I simply tried to fit in to the unit and complete my assigned duties .
Just sayin...................

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob Costas is STUPID.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well then I don't have a problem with anyone taking away my cookies. And as far as you having no intention of surrendering your firearm, then don't cry about it on a treasure forum and think you have done something. It's not about you as a moderator. That ain't rocket science. It's not about what threads are started. If you do nothing to hold on to your right as a gun owner, don't worry others will. But don't cry if you loose your right because you decided to sit back and watch.
So we shouldnt talk about something on a forum, we should go do something?...whats wrong with you man?...you go do something, we will keep talking about it.

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other
People don't kill, guns kill. I think all U.S. citizens should be banned from owning any guns. Those that own them now should be ordered to turn them in. You will see then how the murders and other crime rates fall.

ticm, some peeples just need killin.

TreasureWriter

Nov 13, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
I do not support gun control...quite the opposite.
With that being said...I do support Bob Costas right to free speech...although I do not agree with his opinion.
My opinion is...that an individual that is "hell bent" on killing someone will kill them with whatever means are at their disposal. Most murders are crimes of passion and are not committed with guns.

Cheers
:occasion14:
Remember...."Everything that you want....is just on the other side of fear."

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Why are so many people so willing to give up there constitutional rights? Once there gone there gone. Disarming citizens and not criminals is a bad plan.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please keep political posts out of the thread or it will be locked, I know it's next to impossible to talk about gun control with out it turning political, but it is the only way to keep the thread unlocked....

Sorry about that. I knew it would be deleted.

It's very hard not to get political because the whole gun control/gun rights topic IS POLITICAL.

This whole thread is a contradiction!

Have a nice day! :)

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”

-- Thomas Jefferson

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
“The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it.”

-- Thomas Jefferson

I need that on a bumper sticker!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bet you would never guess my opinion on it........ Every state that has made it easier for the law abiding citizen to legally carry has had a noticeable drop in strong arm type crime. I worked in law enforcement many years and have often said the Police officer that has a problem with a citizen being armed is the very definition of hypocrite. Police officers may really try to prevent crime, but the cold hard facts are that they make reports and try to catch criminals after the harm has been done the vast majority of the time. I don't wear a seat belt with plans on having a wreck nor do I carry a gun with plans of harming any person. If you have a person pull out in front of you, or a thug try to do you or your family harm, you will be glad you had them on. Either may save your life. There is no difference. Both the auto and the gun require responsible ownership and training to use them safely.

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was a tragedy but if Jovan Belcher didn’t possess a gun, he probably would have choked Kasandra Perkins to death then spent the next 50 years in prison costing us millions. Correct me if I am wrong but there wasn't a single gun on the planes that crashed on 9/11. I guess we have to ban box cutters too. If the gun killed an innocent girl that day then the gun also killed a murderer that day. Bottom line is. Guns don't kill innocent people.... Idiots do and they don't need a gun to do it.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
It was a tragedy but if Jovan Belcher didn’t possess a gun, he probably would have choked Kasandra Perkins to death then spent the next 50 years in prison costing us millions. Correct me if I am wrong but there wasn't a single gun on the planes that crashed on 9/11. I guess we have to ban box cutters too. If the gun killed an innocent girl that day then the gun also killed a murderer that day. Bottom line is. Guns don't kill innocent people.... Idiots do and they don't need a gun to do it.

Well said!

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I should of posted this here instead of in the Everything Else thread.Enjoy the real truth here.

"The Gun Is Civilization"

Human beings only have two ways to deal with one another: reason and force. If you want me to do something for you, you have a choice of either convincing me via argument, or force me to do your bidding under threat of force. Every human interaction falls into one of those two categories, without exception. Reason or force, that's it.

In a truly moral and civilized society, people exclusively interact through persuasion. Force has no place as a valid method of social interaction, and the only thing that removes force from the menu is the personal firearm, as paradoxical as it may sound to some.

When I carry a gun, you cannot deal with me by force. You have to use reason and try to persuade me, because I have a way to negate your threat or employment of force.

The gun is the only personal weapon that puts a 100-pound woman on equal footing with a 220-pound mugger, a 75-year old retiree on equal footing with a 19-year old gang banger, and a single guy on equal footing with a carload of drunk guys with baseball bats. The gun removes the disparity in physical strength, size, or numbers between a potential attacker and a defender.

There are plenty of people who consider the gun as the source of bad force equations. These are the people who think that we'd be more civilized if all guns were removed from society, because a firearm makes it easier for a [armed] mugger to do his job. That, of course, is only true if the mugger's potential victims are mostly disarmed either by choice or by legislative fiat - it has no validity when most of a mugger's potential marks are armed.

People who argue for the banning of arms ask for automatic rule by the young, the strong, and the many, and that's the exact opposite of a civilized society. A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.

Then there's the argument that the gun makes confrontations lethal that otherwise would only result in injury. This argument is fallacious in several ways. Without guns involved, confrontations are won by the physically superior party inflicting overwhelming injury on the loser.

People who think that fists, bats, sticks, or stones don't constitute lethal force watch too much TV, where people take beatings and come out of it with a bloody lip at worst. The fact that the gun makes lethal force easier works solely in favor of the weaker defender, not the stronger attacker. If both are armed, the field is level.

The gun is the only weapon that's as lethal in the hands of an octogenarian as it is in the hands of a weight lifter. It simply wouldn't work as well as a force equalizer if it wasn't both lethal and easily employable.

When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation... And that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act.

By Maj. L. Caudill USMC (Ret.)

So, the greatest civilization is one where all citizens are equally armed and can only be persuaded, never forced.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread