Mainstream Media Declares War on 2nd Amendment

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Mainstream Media Declares War on 2nd Amendment

Post CT shooting, MSM pushes anti-gun agenda, ignores lawful gun owners stopping other mass shootings in the same week.

Melissa Melton
Infowars.com
December 17, 2012

When an armed man opened fire on a crowded shopping mall in Oregon last week, 22-year-old Nick Meli pulled out his concealed carry permitted gun, and took cover in a store before taking aim.

“I know after he saw me, I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself,” Meli reported of the gunman’s suicide that followed to KGW News Channel 8. Two people died at the hands of the shooter before the man took his own life, but many more could have lost their lives in Oregon that day had Meli not been there.

Yesterday in San Antonio, Texas, two people were wounded in another movie theater shooting before an off-duty officer took the gunman down, wounding him and effectively ending the murder spree before anyone else could get hurt.

As with other shootings stopped by lawfully armed citizens, news about these two incidents has been widely limited to local media outlets and seemingly ignored otherwise. Why the mainstream blackout?

Even though the media has struggled with reporting the actual facts of the Connecticut shooting, all the national news outlets seem to have time to publish are propaganda pieces pushing gun control.

In Reuters this morning, one headline reads, “In Newtown, an Anguished Debate over Gun Rights, Controls,” and the subhead reads, “Two days after a gunman opened fire in a Connecticut elementary school, killing 26 people, several dozen parents and children gathered in a circle at Newtown’s public library to draw something positive from the town’s sudden, tragic notoriety” (emphasis added).

CNN’s Don Lemon used his airtime this morning to go on an anti-gun tirade, claiming mental health issues are secondary to gun availability.

News outlet Salon went to task posting gun control stories and targeting preppers on its site and official Twitter account all weekend, even writing a hit piece on Alex Jones. In “What’s a Prepper?,” Salon’s Katie McDonough notes, “Preppers believe having weapons is just as important as having enough water. They are also deeply suspicious of government overreach, sounding Tea Party-like…”

The Atlantic‘s Senior Editor Robert Wright offered, “A Gun Control Law that Would Actually Work,” going beyond the assault weapons ban Senator Dianne Feinstein has promised she will introduce during Congress’ first 2013 session. Wright calls for a ban on any gun that can hold more than six bullets. Feinstein is not alone, either; USA Today is reporting “the most prominent pro-gun member of Congress” with an NRA “A” rating Senator Joe Manchin has announced the horrific mass shootings have “changed” him. Manchin is now calling for more control on public firearm purchasing power.

MSNBC asked, “Is the American Public Ready for Gun Control?” Politico gave us, “The Price of the Second Amendment,” presenting the argument that the lives of the children in Connecticut are what we must pay to have the right to keep and bear arms.

Anti-gun op-eds abound. The Huffington Post published, “Gun Control and Mental Health Funding—If Not Now, When?” and “The Real 2nd Amendment Isn’t the NRA Version.” The Washington Post posted, “Now Is the Time for Meaningful Gun Control.” The Christian Science Monitor declared, “Madison Never Meant Second Amendment to Allow Guns of Sandy Hook Shooting.”

In the wake of the Connecticut tragedy, a White House.gov citizen petition for “legislation that limits access to guns” put up the day of the school shooting already garnered over 150,000 signatures in just three days, breaking the record for the most-signed petition on the government’s site. People across the nation have also flocked to gun buyback programs to willingly turn their guns in.

Following an outcry on Facebook this weekend, the Discovery Channel announced its show “American Guns” was canceled. Even the National Rifle Association has fallen silent on social media sites, reportedly taking down its Facebook page and not responding on Twitter since the shooting.

As Alex Jones reported on his radio show today, “Here’s the real newsflash folks—they’re coming for our guns. Make no mistake.”

Although our government is responsible for the Fast and Furious gunwalking scandal that put guns in Mexican drug cartel hands that have since resulted in thousands of deaths, and Obama’s drone strike kill list is reportedly responsible for the murders of nearly 200 children among thousands of dead innocents in the Middle East, the president somehow found the ability to wipe away fake tears at a press conference following the Connecticut school shooting.

In the Newtown massacre fallout, an all-out war has been declared on We the People’s right to keep and bear arms.

The mainstream media has politicized the Connecticut school shooting to the point that using the tragedy to demonize the 2nd Amendment has seemingly become an Olympic event. Where is the supposedly objective media now to report on the other examples of guns in the hands of properly permitted American citizens saving people’s lives?

Declaring we need stricter gun laws and to repeal the 2nd Amendment is synonymous with saying, “We want criminals and the government to be the only ones armed in America.” Because if our legal arms are stripped from law-abiding citizens, the only people who will have guns will be the government and the criminals.

The problem is, the line between the two is so blurry, it’s nearly impossible to tell who is who anymore.

“The lessons of history are numerous, clear and bloody. A disarmed population inevitably becomes an enslaved population. A disarmed population is without power, reduced to childlike obedience to—and dependence upon—the organs of a parental state. A disarmed population will lose—either piecemeal or in one sweeping act—those basic rights for which the citizens of America risked their lives and fortunes over two hundred years ago.” — Brian Puckett

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fox is about the most conservative network out there so I didn't expect this dimwitted response to the CT shootings. There was a segment being hosted by Geraldo Rivera (shoulda been a clue) where one of his so called "Fox news contributors" stated that the shooter had used a fully automatic, Bushmaster rifle on the children. He went on to say that the .223 round goes so many feet per second and can go through 3 people with one shot and that's why he could kill so many of the children in such a short time. He even described how a fully automatic, while being fired, has a tendency to rise as it is being fired so the shooter has to hold the barrel down on his targets. Now, given that idiotic description of the scene, what do you think the uneducated pictured? Granted, the scene had to be horrific beyond description but what kind of seed did this moron place in people's minds that actually believed what he was saying?

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
I am saddened on all fronts,it seems there is no way to get through to people that the problem
starts at home is pushed along by educators and media,then cemented by kicking the Almighty out
of our country.
One round from one honest person could have ended this maybe even before the death of
one innocent.
If a nutjob is so inclined to commit murder,lacking a firearm will not stop them.#%^$%^$$%$$^&%^&%^$%^%%$%^!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Fox is about the most conservative network out there so I didn't expect this dimwitted response to the CT shootings. There was a segment being hosted by Geraldo Rivera (shoulda been a clue) where one of his so called "Fox news contributors" stated that the shooter had used a fully automatic, Bushmaster rifle on the children. He went on to say that the .223 round goes so many feet per second and can go through 3 people with one shot and that's why he could kill so many of the children in such a short time. He even described how a fully automatic, while being fired, has a tendency to rise as it is being fired so the shooter has to hold the barrel down on his targets. Now, given that idiotic description of the scene, what do you think the uneducated pictured? Granted, the scene had to be horrific beyond description but what kind of seed did this moron place in people's minds that actually believed what he was saying?

In the true sense of the word,what you have is a bunch of brainless,clueless idiots trying to talk about something when they have no idea whatsoever on the subject matter.I'll bet my life that none of them have ever fired a gun much less touched one.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
RJC, this all started with the dumbing down of school children. Lack of understanding of what this country was founded on, the reason for the existence of the 2nd amendment. They refuse to teach the truth in history class, thus dooming today's youth to a repetition of the events used by Hitler to complete his take over of Germany and the establishment of the third reich. Most importantly, the touchy feely foolishness of things like trophies for participation in an event . . . win lose or draw.

Thus it is to them fitting to use attacks on school children, lending just the right amount of irony to the situation. Things are getting serious very quickly, and will move me to make a firearms purchase or purchases very soon. It's either that or learn how to push my head between my knees to kiss my arse goodbye.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Public education,that surely is a sensitive subject with me,pervert them at an early seems to be working,on another note why the increase gun sales?People aren't as docile as wanted it seems. GodBless Chris,

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I know buddy,my sister home schools her kid.Shes the smartest 13 year old i ever met.Try to have an intelligent conversation with high school kids today you mostly end up getting a blank stare in return.College kids arent much better.I posted some street interviews quite a while ago interviewing college kids on the American civil war,none of them even knew who fought in it.But here in fascistchusetts its ok to teach elementary school kids homosexuality and have gay pride day but ,dont teach them about the constitution and the importance of it because its wrong.By the way when youre at the gunshop pick me up a 1000 rounds of 7.39x62 :laughing9:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My wife homeschools . . . my daughter was doing the equivalent of college work by the time she was in the 6th grade (reading scores were equal to 2nd year college). She actually has goals, can carry on a conversation, respects (and enjoys the company) of persons of all ages . . . is especially caring towards the elderly, frail and infirm.

Her friends --- while claiming to be christians --- can't spell, can't discuss anything beyond middle school level. My daughter feels so left out by their lack of understanding . . . and two of them are members of the "honor society". When I was in school, you had to have some pretty good grades to even be considered. You only got the good grades by studying and learning. Today, it's popularity and little else I guess.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup kids are being dumbed down,by the time they get out of school they look forward to pumping gas or being a clerk at the local quiky mart

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have already contacted both senators and several congressmen from my state on my stance on it..... "Keep your hands off the 2nd Amendment!"

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Yup kids are being dumbed down,by the time they get out of school they look forward to pumping gas or being a clerk at the local quiky mart
Or being the punk that shot the cashier and cleaned out the few dollars in the till because they couldn't pass the drug test to get a job there .
:icon_scratch: Is that 'equal opportunity' employment ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread