The Psy-Ops War on Preppers: This Has Become a Two-For-the-Price-of-One Crisis

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
I have just heard on my radio that this may be the best that gun dealers have had in the history of gun sales in such a short period.I really can't get one because i have Bi-polar disorder.And with serious depression episodes that can set in with Bi-Polar.No way i want a gun around me. O:-)

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
Yeah i have it rough right now.And have to ride my bike through a drug infested,crime ridden area to get to my friends and fathers side of town.I used to carry two knives.But lately i have been scared to do that because if i do get confronted on a attack and i stab and kill the attacker,then i have to prove this.You know how the tables get turned on a self defence case.I just don't know anymore.If i can get straight with some stuff around here,i am thinking on moving out to the beach.No crime much there.That's what i want.Or the mountains with not much going on you know.One day.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeah i have it rough right now.And have to ride my bike through a drug infested,crime ridden area to get to my friends and fathers side of town.I used to carry two knives.But lately i have been scared to do that because if i do get confronted on a attack and i stab and kill the attacker,then i have to prove this.You know how the tables get turned on a self defence case.I just don't know anymore.If i can get straight with some stuff around here,i am thinking on moving out to the beach.No crime much there.That's what i want.Or the mountains with not much going on you know.One day.

Better to be judged by twelve than carried by six.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
At least you are honest enough with yourself to understand that you have issues that dictate that you should not have a
firearm . I have developed a huge amount of respect for you because of this honesty .
Jim

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Red James cash said:
Buy a bow spiritrelic,it beats throwing rocks.

I can't even throw a baseball accurately,heh,heh. I guess I meant I personally would not feel comfortable using an assault rifle and I would feel probably more comfortable with a sawed off shotgun than even a hand pistol unless I found one with a small enough grip.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
dieselram94 said:
Coilygirl, if you are going to buy some sort of gun iwould do it very, very soon.

Thanks diesel ram,I know we really should,they're going to get harder and harder to get legally.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Coilygirl, The Texas Defender is a small 2 barrel pistol that shoots .45 colt or .410 shotgun ammo. It has a small grip and with the .410 loads in 000 buckshot, you don't have to be that accurate. Frank

106-passion flower.jpg

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I seen the show preppers and first thing that came to my mind is people showing their faces so the graberment can find out who you are and raid everything you have to include guns!

Back in the 50's people built bomb shelters, stockpiled food and water preparing for the cold war with Russia. The schools were even preparing kids just in case of a nuclear attack and where to seek cover in the classroom! I wasn't in school or much less born at that time, but I read a lot on history and growing up in the late 60's-70's I had friends whose parents lived in homes with "bunkers"! No one called them pyschos, or mentally deranged people. I am sure there are plenty of old enough people here who grew up in the 50's and 60's who can verify what I said.

Now here is my perspective on prepping. Yes one needs to prep. I will say this much, I have not stock piled any food or water, and here is my thoughts on why;

Stockpiling food and water costs money. Yes today, lots of it and you have to have a place to store it. Now lets look at reality of something happening. I am sure that many of us here have to work for a living which keeps us away from home much of the day or night. If you are lucky you will have about a 20-30% chance of being home with your stockpile when crap hits the fan. But lets look at something happening while you just left home, stuck in heavy morning or evening traffic, or you are at work miles away from your house and stockpile of food and water.

Lets take something like a dirty bomb going off in a city where you are at work, or in route to work or home. Yeah, there are side roads to take from any part of the city, but if you live in a large city like Austin, Dallas, Atlanta, LA, Miami, and the lsit goes on! You know you are not going to go too far. Once crap hits the fan, police, and local law enforcement agencies will be redirecting traffic, the graberment gets the military to block off all roadways, etc.

So basically what I am getting at is think of all the money you spent on all you hightech food storage, stockpiling food, ammo, guns, etc. Don't get me wrong. I am an advid gun practitioner and have the ammo for it. The graberment also trained me well, (only a very few here know what I am in), I am still serving in the Reserve side for a reason!

Back to the logically thinking part, One has spent all his/her money on everything. Lets say someone has bought, stockpiled, food, water, etc for about lets say the last 5 years, and they spent about $150 a week totaling $39,000 in food stockpile adn supplies. What good is it if you are away from your home/stockpile and you can't get to it when crap hits the fan? All that money one spent will not do you any good if you can't get to it to use it or save your life!

Yes, chances are when something hits the fan like a natural disaster like Katrina, or a dirty bomb, the stores will be raided, homes will be raided by those mainly who don't work and live on the "WELFARE SYSTEM", and those that did logically leave the area, didn't take much with them and left everything they couldn't pack with such short notice. The "WELFARE RECIPEINTS" broke in everything, stole and tore up/vandalized what they could! My unit was the first in N.O. and was the first unit there and I can tell you the only people there were either elderly, who couldn't leave, the "WELFARE RECIPIENTS" who sought to stay there because they had the idea of stealing what valuables they could and they did. Not all of them but a majority of them did. You can't eat TV's, you can't eat jewelry, etc, but they stole just the same.

I believe that if one is going to stockpile and prep, IMHO, I feel one should have a property in another state that is well hiden and easily accessed by the individual, or somewhere out in the country away from anything and any city, that way if you are forced to not make it back to your home where everything is that you stockpiled at least you have another place to go to. But also one would have to make sure it is easily accessible when leaving or being evacuated from a city. One should have at least 3 alternate routes going to it in case 1 or 2 of them are closed off.

Don't knock me, I haven't stockpiled, but I do have seeds to plant, a water purifier, survival techniques thanks to tax payers money, I know how to hunt and fish, build makeshift shelters, blend in with the environment, etc

As far as anyone taking anything away from me? They would be best to stick their heads in a hornets nest than to deal with me on the wrong end of anything!

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay Harley, good post. That's why I live in the country. Frank 6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 056-1.jpg

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Prepping should not only be done at home, because many emergencies can and do happen on the roads to and from work. Many have frozen to death in cars when blizzards cause them to run off the road, or floods washed away their bridges or tornadoes caught them awaay from any cover. You can carry enough items in your trunk ot help alleviate these problems. Some of the stuff you will need are: matches or lighter, candles, emergency blanket, dried food pouches(MRE), water, canteen, water purifier, coat, gloves and paper towels and toilet paper. All these things can be stored in a daypack where all is easily grabbed. Being unprepared is not an option in my opinion. One other thing would be a first aid kit. Good Luck. rockhound

Also, maybe a couple of 9voly batteries and some very fine steel wool like 0000. They make good fire starters. Get some kinder and sticks, (with some wood), together where you want your fire. Tear off a piece of 0000 steel wool and make contact with the positive and negative of the 9volt battery and wala! The steel wool will ignite, then place it under the kindling and you may have to blow some air onto the ignited wool and kinders to get a fire going.

Just in case you have been caught in the rain and being dealt with rain soaked wood, a good old can of WD40, Take a lighter and aim the spray from the can towards the lower of the wet wood pile, (where you want the fire), spray and ignite. The WD40 will help disipitate the water and get the wood to burn. BE CAREFUL!! IF NOT CAREFUL AND YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING THE CAN WILL EXPLODE!!! SO DON'T SPRAY THE FLAME FOR A LONG PERIOD OF TIME!

I used both techniques from time to time!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions