onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This may have been posted in the past But I missed it. I'm sure we've all said it "Oh the good old days"

Bring up some memories and share. couple of things I remember is being able to play until after dark sometimes when all we had was a empty can to kick around. Or communicating with 2 can's and a length of string. Or building the first skate board with some old roller skates and a peach carton and some 2x4's. playing cowboys and Indians with real looking play guns without red tips. Almost forgot testosterone levels were higher then:laughing9:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
How about as a kid ridding in the car with out seat belts, buying regular leaded gas, seeing pay phones everywhere, or much more recently just buying a happy meal for your kid and getting fries and not apple dippers!!!!!!!!! :BangHead::BangHead: Their literally forcing apples down our kids throats!:BangHead: This is why I don't visit Mcdonalds anymore!

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
How about seeing a stranger on the street dressed as a woman and knowing with out a doubt....that really is a woman!!!!lol!!!!:laughing9:

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we have to remember that every generation will have their good old days.

I know for a fact that back in the late 1800's watching paint dry was high on the list too :laughing7:

What entertained us was the use of our imagination for the most part, like making a refrigerator box a tank:tongue3: Don't worry the kids of today will look back at something else that they enjoyed with as much passion as we did :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
fistfulladirt, maybe if you slowed your hunting down, there would have been a few left :thumbsup::tongue3:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't worry the kids of today will look back at something else that they enjoyed with as much passion as we did :laughing7:

Pretty much that leaves texting and staying on the computer!!

I remember when Halloween, Thanksgiving, and just last night thinking and remembering how Christmas was growing up! Watching the old Christmas movies with everyone in the family, how it all seemed so full of joy, everyone exchanged gifts, put up trees, lights, etc all over the nieghborhood everyone got into Christmas and Halloween. Everyone could leave their doors unlocked without a worry or a care, everyone helped each other, everyone believed in settling with a fist fight, (and when it was settled one shook hands to make amends), instead of breaking out the guns!

Ah the list goes on and on!

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we have to remember that every generation will have their good old days.

I know for a fact that back in the late 1800's watching paint dry was high on the list too :laughing7:

What entertained us was the use of our imagination for the most part, like making a refrigerator box a tank:tongue3: Don't worry the kids of today will look back at something else that they enjoyed with as much passion as we did :laughing7:

Your rite Spat. Like it was cool when we could dress in colors not gray uniforms, hunting with a gun not a sling and stone, (Sucks) when I didn't have to share my car, home , food, with some dude from 4th street? and what's this crap I owe some guy with squinty eyes 150k to pay off some dept? And oh what i would give for a steak, pork, chicken sandwich instead of a bean curd salad. I do remember the Holidays it's to bad they all changed to Presidents day. Oh yea "The good old days"

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
All of the above plus: I can remember ,up to the age of 30, now 75, not even locking my door. I can remember getting a flat on what is now I95 in VA and having a state trooper stopping and offering to help change the tire. That was in the '60s and opposed to getting a ticket on I95 from a sheriff with a radar in the divider while I was in the slow land with cars passing in the fast lane in the '90s near Wyeth, VA. I can remember parking my car and not locking it without worrying. I can remember detecting in the parks in and around Baltimore without being bothered. I can remember gas at .25 a gal with an under the hood check and windshield wash. I can remember going to the food store and not seeing people having to call on there cell phones to know what to get. I can remember going to a fast food place and just ordering a berger , coke and fries without going thru twenty questions like, here or to go, what size drink, what size fries, etc. I can remember going to a white tower and getting a bag of bergers for .50 each, the coffee was .25. I can remember buying my first car for $50, a '35 Ford convertible with rumble seat, remember those? I can remember inventing a car burgler alarm that sensed a person 1" away and not patenting it. Hubcaps moved fast in the '60s. And they say old people can't remember things! Frank

111-2 de Vinci.jpg

Last edited:

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember when the New Testament was really new.......

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Walking into a gunshop,checking out all the guns.I find one that interests me or one that i'm looking for,bringing it over to the counter,ask for a 100 or so rounds of ammo,show them my NH drivers license.Pay the cash and walk out and go home with my purchase.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Very soon we will be saying. I remember when I could look at what I wanted to online without having the government trying to limit what I look at and without them trying to steer me to left leaning websites under the disguise of presenting another viewpoint! I.E. controlling what you think and what you look at.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
How about as a kid ridding in the car with out seat belts, buying regular leaded gas, seeing pay phones everywhere, or much more recently just buying a happy meal for your kid and getting fries and not apple dippers!!!!!!!!! :BangHead::BangHead: Their literally forcing apples down our kids throats!:BangHead: This is why I don't visit Mcdonalds anymore!

"Their literally forcing apples down our kids throats! This is why I don't visit Mcdonalds anymore!"

QUOTE OF THE YEAR RIGHT THERE! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread