We need more Texas Ranger philosophy

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
A small Texas border town in the late 1800's was plagued by bandits from both sides of the border.
>They petitioned Austin for a company of rangers to protect them .
>One Ranger rode into town and commandeered a very small building for a 1 cell jail . He caught the first bandit to enter the town and put him in jail .
>
>A second bandit rode into town and the Ranger captured him . The townfolk chided the Ranger .
What's the plan now ? Your jail is already full .
>The Ranger marched the first bandit out of the jail and shot him in the head . He then placed the second bandit in the cell and settled in to wait .....
There never was a third bandit ...................................................
>
>Deterrence by example ?................................................

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Bro. Tom, I think THAT Ranger... Walker (Texas Ranger), etc. are ALL trained in self-defense, and laws of the state re. how to handle criminals, etc. WE (civilians) can ALSO become trained in self-defense, crime prevention, state laws on self-defense/crime prevention, and be aware of Law Enforcement Resources; we CAN take on a "MINDSET" of a Texas Ranger... BUT! In general, we CANNOT take the law, into our own hand(s). Let us ALL learn & take self-defense courses, crime prevention courses, know state & Fed laws on what we CAN do & can't do; a GOOD place to start would be your local Citizen's Police Academies. Wife & I participated in Lynchburg, Va. CPA; Amherst Co. & Bedford Co. Sheriff's Academies; WE became part of THE FAMILY.
Bro. Rebel - KGC (PM)
Hill City Lodge # 183; Lynchburg, Va.
The Worshipful Master, 2012 was former LPD; Jr. & Sr Wardens, 2013 are ACTIVE LPD.:icon_thumleft:

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I always did like those Lone Ranger stories. I even liked Judge Dredd. Frank

111-2 700 head of old man.jpg

Last edited:

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, jail is full, need room for the next inmate, makes sense to me:unhappysmiley:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
It should bother you more that a country with no guns (totally false btw) sees the future America being populated by psychotic killers and merciless killer cops! Then again, in my opinion, all that's missing from "present day" are the "mega cities". :)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
It should bother you more that a country with no guns (totally false btw) sees the future America being populated by psychotic killers and merciless killer cops! Then again, in my opinion, all that's missing from "present day" are the "mega cities". :)

Dano, You a BRIT or a SWEDE? Share YOUR experience; it may be ENLIGHTENING.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Dano, as I understand it, only shotgun permits are issued in England. Do the English Gun Restrictions apply to the entire UK? Frank

cheerio-1.jpg

Sackett

Feb 20, 2011
Greenwood, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As a retired police officer it would sure be nice to be able to do that!!! Our courts are so sad,,,,I mean just look at what happened in NY Christmas Eve.....This was a CONVICTED KILLER who did 17 yrs and released..WHAT?????Then an off duty Cop headed to WORK, unarmed????WHAT??? In 2005 HR 215 gives all police officers both active and retired the right to carry concealed anywhere in the USA or it Territorries!!! This off duty officer said to a tv interviewer "I was no different then anyone in this room, I was on my way to work and UNARMED"!!! So sad!!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

We couldn't care less what England or any other country thinks about it, we haven't cared what England thought since 1776, I'm sure you remember when we declared that we no longer cared what England thought and then you guys lost the war to a rag tag army of citizens who also had the right to own personal weapons, it was those very same personal weapons owned by private citizens that defeated England.

Any country that ever thinks about invading America has to consider there are over 80 million citizens with weapons here and most of us own more that one. In fact I just bought my latest pistol (5th gun) a nice Ruger LC9 9MM with laser site....

You and England really have no dog in this fight, it concerns American citizen's rights under our Constitution, not Englands rights or your rights....

Dirt.Is.Good.4U

Nov 27, 2012
Nicholasville, KY
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, Garrett AT Pro, White's Prizm III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'm in the process now of shopping for my next weapons. Adding a 12 gauge pump to the house and a nice 9 or 40 for my concealed carry.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in the process now of shopping for my next weapons. Adding a 12 gauge pump to the house and a nice 9 or 40 for my concealed carry.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I lucked out, I accepted a Remington 1100 12ga automatic shotgun with 3 boxes of shells and 200 rounds of 9MM ammo as partial payment on a small travel trailor I sold this past November. :icon_thumleft:

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the order out for a Ruger mini 30 or a Remington model 870 12 gauge,which ever is first :laughing9:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Well if you want the best survival shotgun, it is the Benelli 12GA M3 Super 90. I have one. It is the only one that I know of that can shoot semi auto or pump. A quick flick of a small lever on the pump slide changes the mode. Some rounds won't eject from semi autos. Rounds like teargas, flamethrower, and some rubber bullets cause problems, so in this gun, you can just pump them out. I got mine with the black synthetic stock and forearm but I did not get the optional pistol grip extension stock for obvious reasons. I got the optional tube extension that holds 7 rounds. with one in the chamber that makes 8 round capacity. I keep it with the tube loaded and chamber empty. I load it to fire alternating 00 buck and slug.
It comes with sling points in stock and ahead of pump. The stock sights are , rear- a windage adjustable fast peep site, and front- an elevation adjustable white dot in a V. It shoots dead on. I have cut limbs from trees with slugs. It takes 3" or 23/4" shells.
The best part is I traded a cache of gold jewelry for it in a hock shop. It was new and had a price of over $1K on it. I have had many shotguns, but this is the best. It replaced my Mossburg Mariner that I lost in a fire. It never jams. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions