American Gun Owners to be Fingerprinted and Registered: Feinstein Announces Nightmare - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree524Likes

Thread: American Gun Owners to be Fingerprinted and Registered: Feinstein Announces Nightmare

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Nov 2010
    NJ Pine Barrens
    T2 SE
    2192 times
    again... You can't impeach someone simply because you don't agree with their policies.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29627 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by jerseyben View Post
    again... You can't impeach someone simply because you don't agree with their policies.
    Only when it violates the law or the constitution.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    So, let's see what this brilliant requirement will help. Oh, I see. Like this recent school shooting, they will also have the fingerprints of the mother that the shooter took the guns from. BRILLIANT!! America, as a native Californian, I apologize for Pelosi and Feinstein. Problem is, California has a long line of them just waiting to go to Washington to change the world. I don't care if they take stool samples from gun buyers, if their guns are somehow taken from them by a nutjob, what good could it possibly do?
    katdancing likes this.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8657 times
    Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker View Post
    So, let's see what this brilliant requirement will help. Oh, I see. Like this recent school shooting, they will also have the fingerprints of the mother that the shooter took the guns from. BRILLIANT!! America, as a native Californian, I apologize for Pelosi and Feinstein. Problem is, California has a long line of them just waiting to go to Washington to change the world. I don't care if they take stool samples from gun buyers, if their guns are somehow taken from them by a nutjob, what good could it possibly do?
    I think the real notion behind the law is to put more pressure and responsibility on the original gun owner. Over the years I've sold some of my firearms to people and I couldn't even begin to tell you where those firearms are now. I think, "they think" it might present a better means of tracking firearms and I would guess it also opens the door a bit wider to possible negligence issues in regards to the original owner. i.e, guns get stolen and not reported, I loan my shotgun to a friend and an accident happens, a child accesses my firearms, etc. One way or another they are going to create ways to apply the pressure on the issue of better gun control. If not directly, then indirectly. I don't think it can be prevented now.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    29627 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bigscoop View Post
    I think the real notion behind the law is to put more pressure and responsibility on the original gun owner. Over the years I've sold some of my firearms to people and I couldn't even begin to tell you where those firearms are now. I think, "they think" it might present a better means of tracking firearms and I would guess it also opens the door a bit wider to possible negligence issues in regards to the original owner. i.e, guns get stolen and not reported, I loan my shotgun to a friend and an accident happens, a child accesses my firearms, etc. One way or another they are going to create ways to apply the pressure on the issue of better gun control. If not directly, then indirectly. I don't think it can be prevented now.
    It can be prevented and addressed. The proposed new regulations are an attack on the 2nd Amendment, it is like saying well they have repealed free speech in the 1st amendment guess we can't do anything now.....

There were less than 9,000 deaths in 2011 by guns, why are they addressing that and not the 500,000 deaths related to tobacco? There were over 3 times as many people killed in car accidents than by guns but they are not addressing that issue, there were over 10 times as many alcohol related deaths but they are not adressing thoses issues, only trying to take our rights away guaranteed in the Bill of Rights..........

As citizens we have the right, the duty and the obligation to resist attacks on our Bill of Rights, good men and women laid their lives down on the battlefields to give us those rights, are we suppose to just sit by and say "oh well nothing we can do".....

There are several possibilities facing this country in the coming years including god forbid, armed conflict to address it, before something that drastic happens we have another strong option, the option of "petition for redress" as written in the 1st admendment in the Bill of Rights......

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The best way to do a petition for redress is to withhold taxes...... Imagine what would happen if the 80+ million gun owners in this country just failed to file taxes this next year as a protest........

I have already written both of my Senators and Congressional rep on the new "proposed" gun laws and made it very clear that it is a direct attack on our rights in the Bill of Rights and they had better understand there are millions of us that feel this way........

If we allow them to gut the 2ND amendment, which amendment is next, which freedom are you willing to give up next time? Remember it is always easier and more tempting to do something a 2nd time if you have already gotten away with it once.... Next time is it our freedom of speech, religion, the right to a trail, quartering troops in our homes that your willing to surrender.... I know what my choice is... NONE!
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Dec 28, 2012 at 05:24 PM.

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us

Jun 2010
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8657 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    It can be prevented and addressed. The proposed new regulations are an attack on the 2nd Amendment, it is like saying well they have repealed free speech in the 1st amendment guess we can't do anything now.....

There were less than 9,000 deaths in 2011 by guns, why are they addressing that and not the 500,000 deaths related to tobacco? There were over 3 times as many people killed in car accidents than by guns but they are not addressing that issue, there were over 10 times as many alcohol related deaths but they are not adressing thoses issues, only trying to take our rights away guaranteed in the Bill of Rights..........

As citizens we have the right, the duty and the obligation to resist attacks on our Bill of Rights, good men and women laid their lives down on the battlefields to give us those rights, are we suppose to just sit by and say "oh well nothing we can do".....

There are several possibilities facing this country in the coming years including god forbid, armed conflict to address it, before something that drastic happens we have another strong option, the option of "petition for redress" as written in the 1st admendment in the Bill of Rights......

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

The best way to do a petition for redress is to withhold taxes...... Imagine what would happen if the 80+ million gun owners in this country just failed to file taxes this next year as a protest........

I have already written both of my Senators and Congressional rep on the new "proposed" gun laws and made it very clear that it is a direct attack on our rights in the Bill of Rights and they had better understand there are millions of us that feel this way........

If we allow them to gut the 2ND amendment, which amendment is next, which freedom are you willing to give up next time? Remember it is always easier and more tempting to do something a 2nd time if you have already gotten away with it once.... Next time is it our freedom of speech, religion, the right to a trail, quartering troops in our homes that your willing to surrender.... I know what my choice is... NONE!
    I said, "I think, "they think"....in my reply I mentioned absolutely nothing in regards to taking away any rights, only that "they" possibly "think" it may present a better means of keeping track of that right and making that right a more harshly enforced responsibility. I also said I didn't believe these type of actions can be stopped now. Not sure, exactly, what fueled the direction of your reply?

And if I'm not mistaken, over the years, many new laws have been created to further protect the public from the effects of smoking and alcohol use. So those probably aren't very good points of argument.
    Last edited by bigscoop; Dec 28, 2012 at 05:54 PM.

us
    May 2005
    Northern California
    2990 times
    Oh, I totally agree scoop; gun owners need to keep their weapons locked up. I mean in gun safes, not closets. If you can't afford a gun safe or you don't have enough guns to warrant purchase of a safe, find another way to lock them up. Don't give access to your mental-case offspring. Don't give access to your friends. Make it very difficult for thieves. A little common sense goes a long way. I would venture to guess that most drive-by shootings are not committed by a registered gun owner and his gun, it's a thief and a stolen gun. I also have to state that I believe there are a lot of shootings by gun owners that shouldn't have taken place. These are crimes against spouses for various reasons or other family members having arguments that are usually escalated by drugs and/or alcohol. Thing is, additional laws won't help in most cases. I know a guy that went to jail for felony spousal abuse. He isn't supposed to have guns in his household at all, and yet, he has guns everywhere. More than once I've seen him open his pickup door and ammo roll out onto the ground. He has beer for breakfast and smokes dope on a daily basis. He's also involved in the "legal" growing of dope to help the unfortunate with their severe health problems. Almost anytime he gets behind the wheel, he's drunk. Something bad will eventually happen someday and there isn't anything you can do. If he were to get busted for something now, he would continue doing it as soon as he got out. No "new" law will change that. Maybe enforcing the ones we already have would help. They say, if you are raising a child and you are punishing him/her to teach them right from wrong, you have to carry out the entire punishment for them to learn. You can't ground a kid for a week and then let them go out the next evening. Now you got me ranting.
    Banking off a Northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    29627 times
    It was your "I don't think it can be prevented now." comment that I replied to scoop....I was not attacking or insinuating you were, only replying to that line of thought in general....

Sorry if it came off as post was directed to you specifically, it wasn't, only to the "don't think it can't be prevented" thought........

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

us

Jun 2010
    8657 times
    My point was simply that lawmakers know they can't take away the right to own arms, however, they are also very aware that there is nothing to prevent them from building a very high and thick legal wall around that right. This is the sense of things as I am following it. And due to recent events and the enormous amount of pressure that is being applied to them, I don't think the progressive building of this wall can be prevented now.

One thing i have also been curious about in regards to all this talk of new laws and requirements is the quit interest that may also stand to profit handsomely from it. i.e., once it is known that you possess those arms, will the insurance companies try to take advantage of it? You can bet that big money interest are looking into these things and they will be involved in all of this somewhere down the road. So I don't think it's just the obvious pressures that are going to come into play. "Liability" coverage comes to mind right away.
    Last edited by bigscoop; Dec 28, 2012 at 06:22 PM.
    bill from lachine likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    29627 times
    Insurance company alreadys about my guns, they are insured.

2nd Amendment

USAF 1967-1971

No Expiration Date!

us
    Moving forward! "WP"

Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
    6657 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    The only thing (as has been already stated) more legislation will do is chip away at the second amendment. We have plenty of laws now. This is a VERY SLIPPERY SLOPE we are going down, more laws must be stopped. They don't even address the real issue of policies of the last 30 years or so that has done nothing but create nut jobs that do these kinds of things. I simply don't understand Americans willingly giving up and/or letting any of our rights get compromised.......many soldiers died to ensure we have these rights and pass them on to future generations. Giving them up is a completely dishonorable thing to do. I am sure most of them would roll over in their graves if we let our guns or any other rights go. Maybe so many Americans support these actions because they feel the need to be controlled by a nanny state......foolish! I can speak for myself, I am very confident in my ability to think, protect, decide what to eat, and even OWN a gun. If some one else has doubts on their own ability to own a gun they can choose not to. Fine by me, just don't expect me or many millions of others to go along with loosing our rights......that leads me to another problem this country has. This problem is the one of the busy bodies, you all know the ones I am talking about. The people that drive around looking to report anybody for anything, they get a thrill up their leg at just the thought of dictating what someone else can do. Most of these people support more rules, giving their support to new restrictive laws makes them feel important.
    Restore Freedom and get us out of the UNITED NATIONS NOW!!!!!!
    NOT a member of the recipient class...
    plp1.org

us

Jun 2010
    8657 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    Insurance company alreadys about my guns, they are insured.
    True, and today it's common, no big deal. But "I" don't think it will remain that way. I'm guessing big money bean counters are already looking at all the possibilities and they're busy trying to figure out how to capitalize on the situation. There are billions of dollars to be made from gun owners, billions more to be created for city, state, and federal coffers. Once these two forces start meeting in those back rooms "I" believe we'll start seeing that strategic wall being built. In other words, sure, we can own your firearms, but we will be required to meet "newly designed" standards and we will also pay for the privilege of ownership, and, we are going to start being held more accountable for the "secondary effects" of that privilege. Sound familiar? It should. But I'm just guessing where it's all eventually heading. My feeling is; Huge issues like this are not going to be ignored by big money, influential opportunist.
    Last edited by bigscoop; Dec 28, 2012 at 07:10 PM.

us

Jun 2010
    8657 times
    TH...was a safe a requirement before they would insure your guns? Did the safe effect the premium at all?

us
    Pannin' Fer Gold!! WolfPack="WP"

Feb 2011
    Greenwood, SC
    Garrett GTA 500 (need a new/better one)
    191 times
    Again is cocaine illegal? How many lawabidding people possess cocaine? How long does it take a criminal to get cocaine? as a retired police officer it don't take long!!!!All that these nuts want is to TAKE GUNS AWAY FROM THE CITIZENS of the USA!! Now we have to ask why? Simple so they can control us....Yes I will be either dead or a criminal before they get my guns, but still an Honorable American as viewed by my Forefathers who founded this Country!!!! Haharr!!!!!

us
    Feb 2008
    Pikeville, Ky
    Garrett Ace 250
    410 times
    Historical Artifact Preservation
    Unfortunately for us the fourth amendment is also on the chopping block... The senate voted today to extend for five years the right for the government to monitor our communications without a warrant. This also shows who voted for it, and against it. Remember them in the next election...

H.R. 5949: FISA Amendments Act Reauthorization Act of 2012 (On Passage of the Bill) -- GovTrack.us

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links