Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The hubs and were looking at hand guns today.I'm all for it now solely because you know who wants to say I can't. I need to get bigger hands though,even 9 mm's are big.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
9mms are garbage in my opinion,i would never own one even if it were given to me.It would be traded in real quick.I would even take a .22 over a 9mm.Check into a company called Detonics,they make relatively small .45 autos. .45s are proven man stoppers 9mms arent.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Red James cash said:
9mms are garbage in my opinion,i would never own one even if it were given to me.It would be traded in real quick.I would even take a .22 over a 9mm.Check into a company called Detonics,they make relatively small .45 autos. .45s are proven man stoppers 9mms arent.

Thanks James we'll check on Detonics. I tried a Beretta 9 mm and did like the feel of it though.I'm not sure if we looked at a .45 or not ( it was a little overwhelming) but I would consider it if it felt right. Your above videos were very informative.Funny how the people trying to take away our right to bear arms are protected 24 /7.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many people are going to say "go ahead and shoot me, its only a 9mm with hollow points".....

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Treasure_Hunter said:
How many people are going to say "go ahead and shoot me, its only a 9mm with hollow points".....

So true TH! I think it was a Beretta Nano that really felt like the right fit but I'm going to take a class and try out a few before. I buy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Welcome,I just remember stories I hear about 9mms,i wouldnt own one and have my life depend on it.One story is a bank robber was hit 4 times in the chest with a cops 9mm and still had to be chased on foot to be caught.On the latter side during the battle of Guadalcanal a marine was in his foxhole cleaning his rifle when he happened to take a peek outside,he said quote "I saw the biggest japanese soldier that i ever saw running towards me with his rifle and fixed bayonet,I took my .45 and put two rounds into his chest,he went down and didnt move.That proved to me the stopping power of a .45 colt" unquote.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Your life wont depend on anybody saying anything,your life will be whats in your hand when threatened.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
James,do 45s kick a lot more than a 9 mm would? I'm open to trying them out,I don't want a wussy gun.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i am 5ft tall 98 lbs and shoot a 1911=A1 mil spec 45 acp very little recoil handles wel and shoots good

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nsdq said:
i am 5ft tall 98 lbs and shoot a 1911=A1 mil spec 45 acp very little recoil handles wel and shoots good

I'm just a tad bigger( well height wise) thanks for your input.:)

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a friend who lives near Chicago, in one of the burbs. He said he is going out to buy his first gun this week. He said there were about 14 murders this week in Chicago, and it's getting worse.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
.45s arent to bad.Ive shot everything from .22 magnum to .44 magnum handgun.I've shot single shot 12 gauge with one hand.In the .45 auto the kick will be lessened due to the action cycle, .45 revolver would be different.Then again with muzzle lift that can be compensated with whats called magnaporting.Gas holes are laser inscribed or drilled through the top of the muzzle.It helps keep muzzle lift down during recoil and you can recapture your sight picture faster.You wont know until you try.Dont forget everything takes practice.Put 500 rounds through a .45 you probably wont even notice it anymore.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
springfield armory runs about 425 bucks it is not fashion show but does the job just the same as a kimber etc...
I'm just a tad bigger( well height wise) thanks for your input.:)

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Red James cash said:
.45s arent to bad.Ive shot everything from .22 magnum to .44 magnum handgun.I've shot single shot 12 gauge with one hand.In the .45 auto the kick will be lessened due to the action cycle, .45 revolver would be different.Then again with muzzle lift that can be compensated with whats called magnaporting.Gas holes are laser inscribed or drilled through the top of the muzzle.It helps keep muzzle lift down during recoil and you can recapture your sight picture faster.You wont know until you try.Dont forget everything takes practice.Put 500 rounds through a .45 you probably wont even notice it anymore.

I'm thinking I don't want a revolver for sure but will definitely try out some 45 automatics.I'm wondering if 9 mm is the standard for women and that is why the shooting range was steering me more towards them? Thanks for the input everyone.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
theyre probably trying to get rid of overstock:laughing9:get what you want,not what somebody suggests lol

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
nsdq said:
springfield armory runs about 425 bucks it is not fashion show but does the job just the same as a kimber etc...

I think I tried a Springfield last today nsdq,,not sure what caliper if that's the right term.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread