Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica]On Sunday December 16, 2012, 2 days after the CT shooting, a man went to a restaurant in San Antonio to kill his ex-girlfriend. After he shot her, most of the people in the restaurant fled next door to a theater.

The gunman followed them and entered the theater so he could shoot more people. He started shooting and people in the theater started running and screaming. It's like the Aurora, CO theater story plus a restaurant!

Now aren't you wondering why this isn't a lead story in the national media along with the school shooting?
[/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica]
There was an off duty county deputy at the theater. SHE pulled out her gun and shot the man 4 times before he had a chance to kill anyone. So since this story makes the point that the best thing to stop a bad person with a gun is a good person with a gun, the media is treating it like it never happened.

Only the local media covered it. The city is giving her a medal next week. Just thought you'd like to know.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]:icon_scratch:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good story, and the facts can be checked at the local paper's website. Been there, and read it.

Don't know that the post will stay, it's been removed before because certain ones will always try to turn anything that resembles responsible behavior into a political post to get it removed like my earlier topic was.

Also the local paper in Sandy Hook did an interview with the Principal of Sandy Hook Elementary after the shooting. They should know her, she is a local contact for school closings, events, etc.

That thread has been removed as well because she was supposed to be dead when they talked with her.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! I DID see it on local TV, I am glad she acted appropriately per her TRAINING in L.E., which MOST "Gun Nuts" DO NOT HAVE. I would done the same thing, as I had the training, weapon permit, etc.

Last edited:

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
But you hate the Second Amendment . . . thus it would have been illegal for that off duty officer to carry at all, let alone concealed carry.

Definitely confusing behavior Reb.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
She was backed up by a SAPD officer who heard her shots and responded. I don't think the guy wanted to enter the theatre to kill them, but rather followed her(girlfriend's) friends inside to shoot them. Didn't work out too well. Deputy said she acted the way she was trained to do, got her medal and seemed rather shy about the whole thing. This sort of thing has happened here before and will probably happen here again.

SpiritRelic

Sep 16, 2012
She was backed up by a SAPD officer who heard her shots and responded. I don't think the guy wanted to enter the theatre to kill them, but rather followed her(girlfriend's) friends inside to shoot them. Didn't work out too well. Deputy said she acted the way she was trained to do, got her medal and seemed rather shy about the whole thing. This sort of thing has happened here before and will probably happen here again.
Austin you are talking so straight.You laying off the alcohol? Must be your New Years resolution O:-)

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if there is a difference between a "Gun Nut" and licensed concealed weapons carriers. Probably no difference if you want to sensationalize a post to make some sort of prejudiced comment against people with guns. I'm sure it varies from state-to-state but, here in California, you have to go through some training. Not just learning the laws but you have to be somewhat proficient on the gun range. I have not had ANY law enforcement training but I am willing to bet that my gun skills surpass that deputy's. That is not to brag but to point out that "cops" are NOT the only people capable of firing an accurate shot with a handgun and they are also not the only ones that can figure out who the bad guy is in a gunfight. Wasn't the "Gun Nut" the one shooting his girlfriend? Just wondering.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Austin you are talking so straight.You laying off the alcohol? Must be your New Years resolution O:-)

I live in San Antonio, do nothing now but watch the local news, have been off cigars, alcohol and sex since the doctors ordered it last year(well, not sex, but scoring ain't easy at 65) worked in a high school with 32 gangs on campus(SAPD Gang Unit info), had most of them in class, saw guns confiscated weekly(unreported and taken home by our two armed district security police to keep the school from suffering bad publicity), so it's sort of easy to be straight on this one. I'm only full of crap all the other times. Keep smiling...

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
But you hate the Second Amendment . . . thus it would have been illegal for that off duty officer to carry at all, let alone concealed carry.

Definitely confusing behavior Reb.

"Chad", I don't hate the 2nd Amendment... I even have a 22 Long Rifle; had others guns growing up for small game hunting. At the MAX Security Prison where I was TPS/TAoD, I was issued a snub-nose 38, with training & weapon permit,
which I DID NOT carry "on the job" per DOC policy; it was for "home-use" if we ever had an escape... NEVER had to use it.
Wife HATED the gun & ammo, even tho her father was Lt. Col. Maryland State Police, her brother WAS MSP, now Md. County Deputy (still a cop). I have training in General Law Enforcement (degree) ended up as TPS/TAoD, was a CORRECTIONS Counselor with a case load of MANY inmates (Murderers, Killers, Sex Offenders, "Druggies", incarcerated
Army/Navy/Marines Vets (MOSTLY 'Nam Vets)... WHOO! I am also a Para-Legal/Legal Assistant (trained & have a degree); MY specialty is DISABILITY Rights/Law. My wife is former Probation Counselor - Juvenile Corrections/Juvenile Magistrate (Va.), and ALSO is a Para-Legal... specializing in Litigation; WAS a SOCIAL WORKER (two counties in RURAL Virgina).
TODAY, I do R & I on the "puter" on treasures, legal issues, background checks... ENOUGH!

In terms of the off-duty officer, my guess is that in HER STATE, she COULD CCW, and use it per departmental policy... dunno. I applaude her action...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread