Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Not Ashamed of America’s Gun Culture

R.G. Yoho
clashdaily.com
January 2, 2013

The other day in our local newspaper, there were three political columns on the editorial page, all three of them one-sidedly calling for gun control and moaning about America’s “Gun Culture.”

As a law-abiding gun owner, I must say that I am a part of America’s gun culture. I am proud of it. In addition, I often thank God for it.

During World War II, the most brutal fighting experienced by our military were the battles waged against the Japanese Imperial Army. Moreover, the inhumane conditions faced by our captured American POWs and the atrocities visited upon them by their Japanese captors was like nothing faced by most of those in German prison camps.

On Iwo Jima, over 7,000 American soldiers were killed, some of them forced to engage in hand-to-hand combat. About that same number of Americans lost their life at Guadalcanal.

Therefore, one can only wonder how many Americans — civilians and military alike — would have died had the Japanese chosen to invade the mainland of the United States.

Japanese General Yamamoto said, “You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass.”

Their decision not to invade the United States was a direct result of what they believed to be America’s “gun culture.”
Therefore, you should thank God for it too.

A d v e r t i s e m e n t

During that same time, the Japanese invaded China, a nation without a gun culture.

In Nanking, the Japanese killed over 250,000 civilians.

Soldiers deliberately raped women in front of their husbands. They forced fathers to rape their own daughters. They forced sons to rape their mothers. Moreover, they killed any family member who tried to intervene.

The Japanese soldiers impaled infants on their bayonets, tossing them back and forth, spearing their bleeding, lifeless, tiny bodies on their guns like it was a game.

And had Yamamoto chosen to invade our mainland, then you would have seen the same nearly-unspeakable atrocities occurring right in the streets of America.

You should thank God for our gun culture.

Nearly every nation that practiced gun control has eventually seen their citizens wiped out in acts of mass murder or genocide.

The same thing would happen here as well.

As a Western author, some would say I write stories that glorify America’s gun culture. As a gun owner and hunter, I proudly exercise my right to engage in America’s gun culture. As an American who respects the Constitution our Founders penned for us, I also celebrate our gun culture.

America’s gun culture, I praise it; I enjoy it. I honor it. I celebrate it. I am proud of it. I write stories about it. I often spend my leisure hours participating in it. I fill my freezer and my belly with it.

America’s gun culture, I believe God instituted it, our Founders gave everything to establish it, and our military often died to protect it.

I believe in America’s gun culture.

So should you!

This is wrong and out of date written by someone on a blog/newspaper. Before the PRC, gun ownership in china was very high, a good deal of weapons were imported there. Most countries at that time had lax gun laws and had no gun-laws that exist as of today, therefore it is more than logical to assume most other countries also had very high rates of gun ownership. Partisans of WWII, in most EU countries had weapons that were already part of the general public. To outline America as a specific example, of something that was universal in the day makes absolutely no sense.

I have nothing against weapons, I do however, have something against ignorant, writers, who do not know history and think that 'god' has something to do with firearm ownership.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
God has everything to do with gun ownership. This country is based off god and so is our Bill of Rights as well as our Constitution. These documents specifically give us the right to bear arms......therefore god has everything to do with guns.
This is wrong and out of date written by someone on a blog/newspaper. Before the PRC, gun ownership in china was very high, a good deal of weapons were imported there. Most countries at that time had lax gun laws and had no gun-laws that exist as of today, therefore it is more than logical to assume most other countries also had very high rates of gun ownership. Partisans of WWII, in most EU countries had weapons that were already part of the general public. To outline America as a specific example, of something that was universal in the day makes absolutely no sense.

I have nothing against weapons, I do however, have something against ignorant, writers, who do not know history and think that 'god' has something to do with firearm ownership.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diesel,

Tread softly before your post goes poof.....heading towards the religious side of things is a no no.....don't say I didn't try to cover your back......

Regards + HH

Bill

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
God has everything to do with gun ownership. This country is based off god and so is our Bill of Rights as well as our Constitution. These documents specifically give us the right to bear arms......therefore god has everything to do with guns.

You ever read any of Thomas Jefferson's works, he makes very little mention of god when it comes to argumentation. The only use god had played in the founding of this country, was a political one, to rally support, such as days of prayers issued to organize against the British. This country was not based off god, but the revolutionary activities and writings of its founders, most of whom took a very objective approach on religion. Those documents gave you the rights to bear arms, NOT god.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Diesel,

Tread softly before your post goes poof.....heading towards the religious side of things is a no no.....don't say I didn't try to cover your back......

Regards + HH

Bill
Thanks Bill, I appreciate the insight. I kind of thought that after I posted.
50cent I still disagree but I am going to let it go right here as I don't want the thread locked.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diesel,

See I'm not such a bad sort....heck I wouldn't want you to get a slap down....unless I'm on the giving end....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Diesel,

See I'm not such a bad sort....heck I wouldn't want you to get a slap down....unless I'm on the giving end....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

That's the stuff rumors are made of! LOL!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You ever read any of Thomas Jefferson's works, he makes very little mention of god when it comes to argumentation. The only use god had played in the founding of this country, was a political one, to rally support, such as days of prayers issued to organize against the British. This country was not based off god, but the revolutionary activities and writings of its founders, most of whom took a very objective approach on religion. Those documents gave you the rights to bear arms, NOT god.

Not discussing religion, but you might want to look at Constitution again........

"When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States."

Last edited:

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
Of course, god was mentioned to numerous times in the constitution, but it was not 'based' off him. It was not based off the bible or religious texts. The fact remains, the constitution was based of the writings of the revolutionaries who founded this country. Also, sorry to come off as if this sounded in any way poking fun at religion, I was just referring to god based on the author of the article, I didn't intend to for my post to cause this much controversy and to be honest I thought the first paragraph of what I said, was far more loaded.

I ask you to please don't lock this thread, I will cease speaking religious or areligious materials henceforth.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Fiddy mate...disagreeing or pointing out facts to certain people here is considered "anti-American", "unAmerican" "treasonous" (If American) or "total horse****!" (If not American). You're well on the way to joining me in the "Boo! hang 'em!!" corner of the forum! :laughing9:

Though i don't know why really because so i'm informed of often -it's a God given right to bear arms, and that relates directly to the 2nd amendment...which IS allowed to be talked about. Americans eh? :dontknow:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
He doesn't need to carry. Ask Noah! :)

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
not to veer too far into the p and r side of the topic, but does god carry? is it open or concealed? large cap magazines or single shot?

No I don't carry aat.gif

I have Lightening Bolts

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Not discussing religion, but you might want to look at Constitution again........

"When in the Course of human events it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security. — Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States."

So, it's ALL Politics/Religion...? !!! Wonder what's gonna happen, today in DC as US Congress "gets into it ? NRA will be there... ???

Last edited:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
50cent,

Welcome aboard.....you've just come over to the dark side.....it won't belong before you get the heave ho off to Canada or Sweden or the land of OZ or some such....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Of course, god was mentioned to numerous times in the constitution, but it was not 'based' off him. It was not based off the bible or religious texts. The fact remains, the constitution was based of the writings of the revolutionaries who founded this country. Also, sorry to come off as if this sounded in any way poking fun at religion, I was just referring to god based on the author of the article, I didn't intend to for my post to cause this much controversy and to be honest I thought the first paragraph of what I said, was far more loaded.

I ask you to please don't lock this thread, I will cease speaking religious or areligious materials henceforth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread