Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Once a Marine, Always a Marine: This truism is now the official motto of the Marine Corps League. The origin of the statement is credited to a gung-ho Marine Corps master sergeant, Paul Woyshner. During a barroom argument he shouted, "Once a Marine, always a Marine!" MSgt. Woyshner was right. Once the title "U.S. Marine" has been earned, it is retained. There are no ex-Marines or former-Marines. There are (1) active duty Marines, (2) retired Marines, (3) reserve Marines, and (4) Marine veterans. Nonetheless, once one has earned the title, he remains a Marine for life.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When you enter the military you take an oath to defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies foreign and domestic, most of us take that oath serious and most take it with us to our grave, I know I do.

As Red said once a Marine always a Marine, ask any Marine.

I to this day still buy a drink and tell them thank you for any military I meet in a club or simply thank you if on the street. I wasnt a Marine, USAF, but i had 4 uncles and three 1st cousins that were...

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO LONGER ACTIVE; FORMER USMC... needs a DISCLAIMER!

How can you have a handle of Rebel should it be X rebel? Still have the flag hanging in the garage. Rite next to the 13 rope turns.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Heres what you do Rebel,go into the Barracks thread and start saying things about the Marine Corps :sign10:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Once a Marine, Always a Marine: This truism is now the official motto of the Marine Corps League. The origin of the statement is credited to a gung-ho Marine Corps master sergeant, Paul Woyshner. During a barroom argument he shouted, "Once a Marine, always a Marine!" MSgt. Woyshner was right. Once the title "U.S. Marine" has been earned, it is retained. There are no ex-Marines or former-Marines. There are (1) active duty Marines, (2) retired Marines, (3) reserve Marines, and (4) Marine veterans. Nonetheless, once one has earned the title, he remains a Marine for life.

So I have heard... HOWEVER, CANNOT use "rank" and IMPLY ACTIVE SERVICE; once discharged...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LOL! I was referring to the implied RANK of an ACTIVE duty US MARINE... HUGE difference; ALL Marines have my respect... gotta be TRUTHFUL, tho.

So your complaint on the letter is he put Cpl at the bottom of his name....:dontknow:

He could have put United States Marines Grand Poopah there, wouldn't change the meaning, sentiment or significance of what he wrote...

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
NOPE; she is dead; YOU disrespecting my Momma? Bring It On!
Nope ! I'd never disrespect the fine lady that was your Momma . I just was wondering if weaning you on the pickle that gave you such a sour attitude was by intent or out of necessity . :tongue3:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
We need more patriotic Americans like the author of the no ma'am letter. Rebel, why are you so hung up on his title? Does this somehow discredit his letter?

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
It is my hope that ALL law abiding Americans would stand against them,WE the MANY they the few. GodBless Chris

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
We need more patriotic Americans like the author of the no ma'am letter. Rebel, why are you so hung up on his title? Does this somehow discredit his letter?

Misrepresentation of his status... YES, he was honorably discharged, prior to letter written; his complaint is valid... AND! I AM a PATRIOTIC AMERICAN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread