New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Illinois lawmakers commit open treason

midwestoppression.blogspot.com
January 3, 2012

An Illinois Senate committee passes through strict gun restrictions, that go against the constitutional grain of all federal rulings on the topic. The public health committee voted to go ahead with legislation that is intended to ban all semi-automatic rifles, AND pistols. This committee is made up of the following individuals:
Chairperson : William Delgado D
Vice-Chairperson : Mattie Hunter D
Member: Susan Garrett D
Member: Michael Noland D
Member: Jeffrey M. Schoenberg D
Member: Heather A. Steans D
Minority Spokesperson : Dave Syverson R
Member: Shane Cultra R
Member: Christine J. Johnson R
Member: Carole Pankau R

The news article quotes them as voting across party lines, so assume anyone with a D after their name, to have committed perjury of their oath of office.

The treason portion comes from Governor Quinn when he made this statement:

“There is no place in Illinois for weapons designed to rapidly fire at human targets at close range,”

However, author of the bill, Anthony Munoz, who is a member of the Police Union, supports the carrying of semi-automatic handguns, and M4 rifles by police. This is an admission that the authoritarian powers of Illinois have declared open war on the citizens. If what Quinn said was true, and semi-automatic weapons have no defensive purpose, and are only a close range rapid human killers… then why do they want the Police to have them? If what Quinn said is true… the ONLY reason Police have them, is to rapidly kill citizens of the State of Illinois.

If Quinn admits they have a defensive purpose for citizens and Police, then he’s committed perjury by violating his Oath of Office, by violating the equal protections clause of the 14th amendment, and attempting to nullify the 2nd amendment. Remember his Oath, in which he swore to defend the constitution of the United States of America, even the parts of it he doesn’t like.

“I do solemnly swear (affirm) that I will support the
Constitution of the United States, and the Constitution of
the State of Illinois, and that I will faithfully discharge
the duties of the office of …. to the best of my ability.”

Perjury:
In Illinois Law:

(720 ILCS 5/32-2) (from Ch. 38, par. 32-2) Sec. 32-2. Perjury. (a) A person commits perjury when, under oath or affirmation, in a proceeding or in any other matter where by law the oath or affirmation is required, he or she makes a false statement, material to the issue or point in question, knowing the statement is false.

In Federal Law:

-CITE-
18 USC Sec. 1621 01/03/2012 (112-90)
Whoever -
(1) having taken an oath before a competent tribunal, officer,
or person, in any case in which a law of the United States
authorizes an oath to be administered, that he will testify,
declare, depose, or certify truly, or that any written testimony,
declaration, deposition, or certificate by him subscribed, is
true, willfully and contrary to such oath states or subscribes
any material matter which he does not believe to be true; or
(2) in any declaration, certificate, verification, or statement
under penalty of perjury as permitted under section 1746 of title
28, United States Code, willfully subscribes as true any material
matter which he does not believe to be true;
is guilty of perjury and shall, except as otherwise expressly
provided by law, be fined under this title or imprisoned not more
than five years, or both. This section is applicable whether the
statement or subscription is made within or without the United
States.

It’s time to hold these Lawbreaker-makers accountable…

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Understand, it's not treasonous for law makers to pass a law that might seem contrary to the Constitution. It happens all the time. It's not the Legislatures job to interpret the Constitution. They pass a law, it gets a legal challenge, goes through the courts and might end up at the Supreme court where it's constitutionality is decided.
Many laws are waiting in line to see if they are in fact legal. Even the Supreme Court is given to interpretation based on how the court has been populated. One President will want it more liberal, another conservative.The Court might also decide to revisit previous decisions. Abortion is one of them. Many people didn't think the Constitutional interpretation would find abortion legal but the Court did.
The question for the Court is does the State have the legal right to protect it's citizens over the right to bear arms.
Just based on recent history your position might be out numbered. Polls show a majority don't think some guns should be available at all.
The Constitution has been amended many times. Whatever rights you have were given and can be taken away.
I'd like another Amendment. Like Larry Flint said. The right to be left alone. But even I know that won't happen.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Were a state to opinion it would protect its citizens by restricting weapons, would it then be liable for injuries caused from such weapons as they would ban? Or grievance caused by not having a previously possessed weapon that was banned?
Would like to see a state guarantee protection of civilians. A tough logistic i have not found possible. protecting scene after the call at the crime scene maybe. The last 3 murders in my neighbor hood did not involve guns,so we are told. 2 have remained unsolved. While we wait and wonder, who has the liability for our protection? The prison escapees that made the news locally stealing another vehicle,(our info arrived on the news after the fact)on their way out west ran into no citizen protection here from the state. To protect implies liability,and accountability when (if)it fails. redress for murder victims? None for them.
How can a state reliably predict number of attackers in a crime or what amount of force(read magazine capacity and weapon action here) required to stop attack and be liable if its been denied? Looks good on paper though when there is no consequence for the writers.

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
This is just more proof of the slippery slope argument is valid and should be given more consideration. This is also just one step closer to a civil war.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Civil war between American citizens, and you are right it won't be civil at all. If the govt. keeps destroying the constitution (state and federal) it is coming......

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
diesel,

A tune to go along with the theme of the post:-

Regards + HH

Bill

This is just more proof of the slippery slope argument is valid and should be given more consideration. This is also just one step closer to a civil war.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Bill, that tune certainly describes our rights, constitution, American way of life as well as overall liberty's........however a very fitting choice and a good way to lighten the mood a little!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diesel,

I realize that Spart is probably the king of satire on the site.....but I figure I should at least give him a run for his money....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill, that tune certainly describes our rights, constitution, American way of life as well as overall liberty's........however a very fitting choice and a good way to lighten the mood a little!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Civil disobedience by non compliance of a contested law were one imposed expected, but fighting each other leaves cause out of conflict.
I have no desire to fight governing bodies by force and if i did there would be few with me when talk stopped,happens in organizations all the time. A small percentage gets things done. Unorganized would accomplish less. my opinion based on group experiences. Support those who bring legal challenges in courts,it takes time. If indiana officials truly represented their constituents other states will follow? Supreme court appointments and timing of cases will be critical should contested right make it there, again!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Releventchair, I think it is best if it just never gets voted on in the first place.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Amendment X The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

This has been misinterpreted by someone here as giving the States the right to make laws that are in opposition to the Bill of Rights and Constitution.

It does not.

Read carefully.

If a right is guaranteed to the people by the Constitution or Bill of Rights, a State cannot take away that right.

The Second Amendment cannot be nullified by by a lesser body of law.

I wonder if they will treat the treason like the Brits would? Maybe have their entrails dragged through the streets and burned?

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I'd rather see some good old fashion tar and feathering while tied to the back if a cart and pulled through town while getting whipped in the butt.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Agreed.
Cases from last decision involving some cities noncompliance still not resolved. Again time involved. Meanwhile sales are skyrocketing! Some of the buys around here due to low availability are 3 times the value a month ago. Ammo buys drying up sources. By the time possible restrictions apply the proposal alone will have defeated the purpose!

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Don't make me laugh! Brings back memories of when I was a kid.

The "Bourbon Street Preacher" (as he's now known) was holding a revival at a church in Sumrall, Mississippi. Told the people that the reason they were having a drouth was because they were bad folks and weren't paying their preachers enough.

He was run out of town on a rail, much like the scene in "Oh Brother Where Art Thou?" and my dad said they tarred and feathered him when they reached the outskirts of town. I just remember there was a bunch of screaming coming from the guy on the rail and most of the grownups were laughing at him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread