Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
My journey into the Everything Else forum started one fateful night, after a long day's work, and a refridgerator that was not properly stocked with beer. I should have sought solace in exercise or mediation but I was irritable and angry. I thought like any warm-blooded American would and decided to vent my anger on the internet. This is the first forum I have ever participated in and this was the first time I posted on a "hot topic" issue. I was unprepared for what I had ventured into. I realized today that my adventures down this rabbit hole had dramtically changed the way I viewed the world. I saw a man today with a self-inflicted gun shot wound to the shoulder.

My thoughts raced in a way that they never had before. I thought about Sandy Hook. I thought about TH's views on the constitution and personal liberties. I thought about last night's discussion with DieselRam on legislation. I pictured certain member's of TNET armed from head to toe yelling, "Guns don't kill people...I kill people." Oops, I meant "people kill people." I thought of Bill in Canada, his attempts to mediate conversation, and how he might view Americans. I thought of Spartacus staring off into space and wondering why one was bigger then the other. I thought of BigScoop writing prose in an elloquent manner. However, mostly I thought of death and depression. My views have changed since that night I called DieselRam "The Enemy" in an emotional outburst.

1. I value civil liberties more then I ever have. I am honored to have fellow Americans who are deeply patriotic.
2. I will look on new legislation in a different way. Now, I will always look at new legislation and ask the question..."What liberties are being taken from me?"
3. I know now that I have no idea what an assault rifle is.
4. Having prided myself on not letting the media cloud my judgement...I was ashamed at how they formed misrepresentations in my mind.
5. I learned about the Dunbar principle from Ammon.
6. I learned that some people place no value on education, research, and higher learning.
7. I learned not to assume that everybody wants to be considered a friend; and then, I learned that I could find common ground with those I thought were not friends.
8. I developed a better understanding of the essence of the constitution and how others value it.
9. I learned that the war between State and Federal rights is just as alive as it was 200 years ago.
10. I discovered that the revoccation of rights I hold dear may be closer then I thought and more tenuous then first imagined.

I learned, developed, discovered, looked, and valued many other things differently as well. I am glad to have participated in this discussion.

Et nomine patri, et fili, spiritus sancti,
Sic Semper Tyrannis,

Crispin

Last edited:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Crispin ,
The fact that participation here caused you to broaden your horizons is a reward in it's self . We engage in some spirited discussions here and often are so brutally honest that the blast can remove thin skin . Our participation is voluntary and all of us enjoy the scrap . Otherwise , we would Ignore the thread or the poster or both . Stick with us and add to the exchange . Many here muddy the water upstream of the herd just to create controversy and have something to argue about . Old Fart thing .
In a crisis we would do what we could to help one another .
I'd even go so far as to throw Rebel KGC an anchor if he was drowning :tongue3:
Jim

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Crispin ,
The fact that participation here caused you to broaden your horizons is a reward in it's self . We engage in some spirited discussions here and often are so brutally honest that the blast can remove thin skin . Our participation is voluntary and all of us enjoy the scrap . Otherwise , we would Ignore the thread or the poster or both . Stick with us and add to the exchange . Many here muddy the water upstream of the herd just to create controversy and have something to argue about . Old Fart thing .
In a crisis we would do what we could to help one another .
I'd even go so far as to throw Rebel KGC an anchor if he was drowning :tongue3:
Jim

LOL! THANKS, tb... I would BLOW away that anchor; we don't really die, we continue to live in a MORE glorious LIGHT BODY...

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Amazing what you can learn if you just look,without prejudice of course,oh ya,dropping the anger helps too,clears the mind,didn't say you couldn't think,it's not what you think,it's HOW you think it!!! I look at a pretty lady like a flower,that doesn't mean I want to pluck it. GodBless Chris

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing what you can learn if you just look,without prejudice of course,oh ya,dropping the anger helps too,clears the mind,didn't say you couldn't think,it's not what you think,it's HOW you think it!!! I look at a pretty lady like a flower,that doesn't mean I want to pluck it. GodBless Chris
Hummmm just exactly where is that flower?

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Nothing bad meant or anything, but it's "In Nomine Patris, et filii, spiritu sancti". Just trying to help.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks Dano, my medical latin doesn't always translate that well. I probably should have looked it up before quoting it. But where is the fun in making researched, informed posts, eh mate?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread