Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Illinois Democrats Lose Bid to Pass Firearms Confiscation Bill

Kurt Nimmo
Infowars.com
January 3, 2012

Democrats in the Illinois Senate have failed to gain enough support for legislation that would have outlawed 50 percent of long guns on the market in the state and would have confiscated weapons owned by citizens.

On Wednesday, we reported that Illinois Senate President John Cullerton planned to introduce a draconian bill that would have effectively banned all modern firearms, criminalized their owners, and subjected their guns to confiscation by the Illinois State Police.

“Based on what we know about Cullerton’s bill, firearms that would be banned include all semiautomatic rifles, pistols, and shotguns,” the Illinois State Rifle Association reported. “Pump action shotguns would be banned as well. This would be a very comprehensive ban that would include not only so-called ‘assault weapons’ but also such classics as M1 Garands and 1911-based pistols. There would be no exemptions and no grandfathering. You would have a very short window to turn in your guns to the State Police to avoid prosecution.”

In addition to outlawing a large number of firearms, the legislation would have targeted shooting ranges in the state.

Following the failure today, Democrats pledged to reintroduce legislation outlawing the Second Amendment. “We will take some time to work on these important issues to advance them in the near future,” Cullerton’s press secretary, Rikeesha Phelon, told reporters.

Illinois governor Pat Quinn has indicated he will push for outlawing semiautomatic weapons this Spring.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Rabid folks.
The ranges i,m part of maintaining are used by law enforcement personnel, over the years from multi jurisdictions that have no ranges of their own.
Pressure on the guns alone from them would wear out their welcome. Who would pay for a place for them to shoot i wonder?.maybe indiana 's taxpayers have that covered. The m1 garand part of the federal program involving youth at ranges would have been included,interesting....

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
That's a very Draconian bill. :o
We're you there protesting and supporting your Illinois brothers in arms RJC? Wonder how many of those much vaunted 60-70 million gun owners were there? Must have been a hell of a victory party eh? :)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rabid folks.
The ranges i,m part of maintaining are used by law enforcement personnel, over the years from multi jurisdictions that have no ranges of their own.
Pressure on the guns alone from them would wear out their welcome. Who would pay for a place for them to shoot i wonder?.maybe indiana 's taxpayers have that covered. The m1 garand part of the federal program involving youth at ranges would have been included,interesting....

L.E. Ranges ARE paid by Tax-paying, REAL, TRUE, RED-BLOODED... AMERICANS, who live in YOUR state... LOCAL, STATE, FED. TAXES... aren't you GLAD, THEY ARE TRAINED PROS...?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Not sure what you mean Reb. Club pays taxes and no funds come from state or fed taxes or other wise.
We don,t charge l.e.o.'s to use ranges. Some have enough budget constraints to fund ammo for range time.
With current new range building restrictions new facilities would be costly once a site was approved,site alone a hassle. My point was they would shoot themselves in the budget department, having to provide a place once they started targeting ranges.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Red,

You've got so many posts running you've got most people confused....you must have the 7 dwarfs on the payroll doing research for you...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are too many running to be honest, we may combine many of them and some could get deleted. Many are branching out from the one political topic we are allowing at the moment, 2nd amendment, to other areas of politics. Our rules on politics are still the same, politics not allowed, it is becoming harder and harder to moderate the 2nd amendment threads with out deleteing some.....

Just a heads up....Even though I may agree, I will still do my job as moderator the best way I can, I apologize if I make someone mad in the process.............

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Red,

You've got so many posts running you've got most people confused....you must have the 7 dwarfs on the payroll doing research for you...lol.

News comes fast sometimes bill.I keep an eye out for it.If something goes on or goes down thats,in other words, BAD news for us, I'm sure you would appreciate hearing about it pretty quick.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TH,

You must have the patience of Job.......you're doing a great job.....actually I thought the 7 dwarf line was rather witty....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

There are too many running to be honest, we may combine many of them and some could get deleted. Many are branching out from the one political topic we are allowing at the moment, 2nd amendment, to other areas of politics. Our rules on politics are still the same, politics not allowed, it is becoming harder and harder to moderate the 2nd amendment threads with out deleteing some.....

Just a heads up....Even though I may agree, I will still do my job as moderator the best way I can, I apologize if I make someone mad in the process.............

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A small victory for now but I know this bill will be back and back until they sneak it through somehow.....maybe they will just tie it to something else they are passing when no one is looking.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Dano, I am beginning to think your obsession with American issues that thankfully you and your european people have NO say in, has reached a point needing a full on intervention. Maybe you could go to the rubber room and suck your thumb for a while.
That's a very Draconian bill. :o
We're you there protesting and supporting your Illinois brothers in arms RJC? Wonder how many of those much vaunted 60-70 million gun owners were there? Must have been a hell of a victory party eh? :)

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Not sure what you mean Reb. Club pays taxes and no funds come from state or fed taxes or other wise.
We don,t charge l.e.o.'s to use ranges. Some have enough budget constraints to fund ammo for range time.
With current new range building restrictions new facilities would be costly once a site was approved,site alone a hassle. My point was they would shoot themselves in the budget department, having to provide a place once they started targeting ranges.

YOUR "CLUB" sounds like PRIVATE club; it would indeed pay taxes, I reckon. I was "talking" STRICTLY about L.E. Ranges, NOT open to the public, sort of like US Army Ranges, USMC Ranges...

It DOES sound like it is heading to SUPREME COURT...

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Just very sad people are so willing to flush their rights down the toilet.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Just very sad people are so willing to flush their rights down the toilet.

Thats what television and main stream media taught them to do.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
YOUR "CLUB" sounds like PRIVATE club; it would indeed pay taxes, I reckon. I was "talking" STRICTLY about L.E. Ranges, NOT open to the public, sort of like US Army Ranges, USMC Ranges...

It DOES sound like it is heading to SUPREME COURT...

No problem Reb. !:thumbsup: thanks for clarifying.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FYI, watch any insults or attacks, moderator is locking threads or giving timeouts for breaking rules........

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread