How To Deal With People

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Being one who is always in contact with people, many on a first-time basis,
I was wondering how you would deal with different people that you may encounter on a daily basis.

Whether it may be the cashier at the grocery store or the clerk that you paid for your gas, are you conscious of the people around you and have you ever had a "strange" feeling of someone that proved true to your feelings?

When you meet someone for the first time, you will automatically begin the process of "sizing up" this new person.

Very soon, hopefully, you will draw your conclusions.

What are your conclusions and how do you interact?

Example:
(answers phone)

(Person on line...)"Can you open my car?"

"Yes, I can"

"How much?"

"Where's your car located?"

"In my driveway."

:BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

I want to then ask, "Just exactly where is your precious driveway?"

But, I remember the manners taught to me in my youth to always be polite....

Can someone please tell me when people became stupid?

I must have missed it, (Disco Era?) 'cause when I was younger, it seemed that people were smarter....:icon_scratch:

How do you deal with people?

Any other examples?

Best Wishes,

Scott

Last edited:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Remember the "good old days" when half of America grabbed their guns in panic and ran outside to kill invading aliens during a radio transmission of "war of the worlds" read by Orson Welles?......."smarter"?? lol.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Can someone please tell me when people became stupid?

I must have missed it, (Disco Era?) 'cause when I was younger, it seemed that people were smarter....:icon_scratch:

How do you deal with people?

Any other examples?

Best Wishes,

Scott

When the U.S. started worrying about what the rest of the world thought about us. Instead of remaining a superior force for good, Political Correctness has been used to bring us down to the level of places like "not so great" brittain.

I do work in the court system, and you would be surprised at some of the things people do to try to get out of paying their bills. They'll spend three grand to file bankruptcy to get out of paying my employer two grand. They commit perjury because they know the Bankruptcy Court Trustee will not persue them for it as they don't have the time.

We have adopted the european model and become a litigious society that refuses to be responsible for anything.

Last edited:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_scratch: How is that dealing with people :dontknow: :laughing7:

Scott, to answer your question (which is the whole idea behind this post), I treat everyone with courtesy. I see no reason to size anyone up... OK, maybe a few hooligans on here, but size small, doesn't phase me either :tongue3:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Scott,

Better to just nod politely when dealing with people like that...use the motto "you can't fix stupid"....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Upon further reflection, it appears to me that the best way to "Deal with people," would be found in many different spiritual directives wordwide:

Treat all as a dear family member and as you would expect to be treated.

Following this precept, how could humanity decline and fail?

Answer:
Someone will always interpret benevolence as weakness.....

Screw it!

I'm going to do everything that I can to help others and if in doing so, if someone thinks that I'm weak,
well, class is now in session and you WILL get an education.

Looking for positive ways to "deal with people,"

My Best,

Scott

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Scott, when we all meet someone for the first time we silently size them up. But I always try to greet someone with a courteous greeting aimed at lightening the mood (complementing their vehicle, promptness, for example). Using a non confrontational manner usually will get you much further faster.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Scott, Edgar Cayce said, "Wear the smile of encouragement for all to see".
If you look and approach all with love, you should receive that back in return. Those that would wish to abuse your kindness, generosity, and call it a weakness........ well........ they lose. Too bad for them. NEXT........:laughing7:

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This thread looks like it may turn into a study of the human psyche.....

Not really what I intended, but I love it!

How YOU react and interact with people on a daily basis is what my aim was,
and examples, humorous, and directive, was my goal.

Go, my friends!

Teach me and all who follow this thread in how to deal with idiots and the feeble-minded....
me especially, being "feeble-minded....."
(NOT an idiot....yet)

Best,

Scott

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Always answer a question with a question, and if trying to upsell someone on something show them a lower priced item and say something to the effect of in this price range, or based on your budget constraints, and just watch them buy the more expensive item to show you how the can afford the more expensive item. And if trying to close a sale say something like "don't worry I am sure we can find a comparable item when you come back in as stock is running low.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...when you get it figured out,come out here and show me.....bet you can not keep a positive attitude for long!!!!This is where they make em!!!!!!!

Rick-SeMI

Jan 18, 2012
Taylor, MI
Detector(s) used
<< Minelab Explorer XS >>
<< White's Spectrum XLT>>
<<<< Tesoro Tiger Shark >>
<<<< Fisher 1225X >>
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wonder what happened to the book "How To Win Friends and Influence People"? - metaphorically speaking.
I guess it was thrown out with the trash many years ago.

Being 70 years old, I have seen the family 'unit' torn apart in several ways.

IMO, that is where everyone learns the basics of getting along with others.

One more 'opinion' - I had teachers that had no trouble 'disciplining' the unruly!!

They actually believed in Corporal Punishment but their hands were tied many years ago by the bleeding hearts.

I still beleive in Corporal Punishment. My kids are mostly grown and moved out.

But, when they were younger, all I would have to do is look at them and they would sit on the couch.

Child protective services...Protect This!! The kids have gone on to have meaningful, productive lives.

Oh! and if you find fault with that and my attitude... I don't believe in guns around my house either!!

I do believe in the 2nd amendent though...

In your example, I would have asked if they were at home.
If their answer was yes. I would have continued with "your address please"
followed by "Is that where you would like...
Yea, sure! I guess for me it would depend on what type of mood I was in.

Last edited:

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HMMMMM!!!

Well cae I ask? Does STUPID employees count? I got one and he is in his mid 50's and he has no common sense at all! You can explain some simple instructions for him to do and he will either forget or do it the wrong way! I pretty much imagined his parents beat the crap out of him every chance they got while he was growing up because he just couldn't get it right and just turned out that way he is today!

Now people in public, I guess it really depends if it is a female, (especially a nice looking one!!), usually I size up the person to see if I need to be firm in my presence or just be relaxed, usually I just get what I need and go, but some regular stops where I have constant contact with the employees there I usually have a small conversation like how is everything going to some other small talk. I am however ALWAYS aware of my surroundings!

OP
OP
AU24K

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HMMMMM!!!

Well cae I ask? Does STUPID employees count? I got one and he is in his mid 50's and he has no common sense at all! You can explain some simple instructions for him to do and he will either forget or do it the wrong way! I pretty much imagined his parents beat the crap out of him every chance they got while he was growing up because he just couldn't get it right and just turned out that way he is today!

Now people in public, I guess it really depends if it is a female, (especially a nice looking one!!), usually I size up the person to see if I need to be firm in my presence or just be relaxed, usually I just get what I need and go, but some regular stops where I have constant contact with the employees there I usually have a small conversation like how is everything going to some other small talk. I am however ALWAYS aware of my surroundings!

Friend,
Thanks for the chuckle....
Haven't we all had co-workers or a "Boss" like that?...

Best,

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread