dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Now that we are on this subject I am in the mood to do a little target shooting this weekend. But I don't want to shoot off to much ammo as it is getting hard to come by at the local walmart.:unhappysmiley:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yup, that Ruger 10 22 lots cheaper to shoot!

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Pick yourself up a few thousand rounds.While your at it get yourself a few hundred rounds of CB caps longs.They come in handy,though you have to cycle the action by hand they easily penetrate a 1 inch pine board.A pump up bb gun is louder than they are.:occasion14:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Or use common sense - Go to another store that isn't Walmart, stock up on ammo, go target shooting!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Dano, I just threw Walmart out there as I shop there a lot, all the stores are in the same boat.....out of ammo.
Or use common sense - Go to another store that isn't Walmart, stock up on ammo, go target shooting!

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Dano, I just threw Walmart out there as I shop there a lot, all the stores are in the same boat.....out of ammo.
He kids you not , Dano . Ammo shelves are bare in most stores all over America . Even lowly .22 rimfire is difficult to find .

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Gunsmith last week located a source for .223,told source he would buy all he had but was told ,no you,ll buy 1000 because these are going to go to multiple buyers. AR15s were selling for 2500. That's what offers were too to owners not looking to sell. Friend has a rifle in at big city shop and with multiple people handling paper work he left instead of picking it up do to two and a half hour expected wait, not in shoppers line but paperwork line. Its a boomin business,many of those in there were women buying small arms and men leaving with multiples.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread