Brain Death - Page 2
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Brain Death

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
    2851 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    My hat off to you sir. You work in a difficult field but a very important one. Somebody on TNET took a cheap shot on social workers Friday night...I let em have it for you and all the good people that work in that field. I try to stay away from the paranormal forum...not really my bag, baby. your brief explanation of spirit sounds like ideas proposed by Edgar Casey. I specifically like his work in the dream field and contacting the deceased. I grew up in Virginia Beach, the Edgar Casey museum is at the oceanfront.

I don't think we are getting into religion. We are both open minded enough to avoid specifics. A problem will come if an outside poster gets involved with fervor. I studied buddhism for a time. It took me a long time to understand "Life is suffering." Although, when I got...I got it. I like the tenets immensely but it has a tendancy to isolate from others. Which is fine if applicable, but difficult for me. Frequently, when I am at my most stressed, I go back to basic Buddhist principles.

Jun 2007
    13736 times
    I always went to "The Foundation" in Va. Beach (on vacation or conferences); the library there is AWESOME! LOVE the A.R.E. ppl; went to several conferences "down there" (was living in Ch'ville at the time...). Buddhism is a "Way of Life"; unlike Judaism. They BOTH focus on SUFFERING. Did you know Dr. Robert Van de Castle and the Sleep/Dream Lab at UVA? GREAT guy, in a frigging trailer... he needed more space. AND! Edgar Cayce was also a GREAT guy; humble...etc.
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Jan 07, 2013 at 07:03 AM.

us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    2851 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    Rebel: I studied in Charlottesville almost ten years after your affliction. I had little interaction with the big shot MDs as I had yet gone to medical school. I knew all of the doctors of psychology and assisted in their research labs. I would love to go back and study more at UVA but I find my responsibilities to be elsewhere.

Jun 2007
    13736 times
    Yeah, it happens... I ALMOST went to UVA; older bro is 1965 grad - UVA. Was gonna get into Parapsychology (now, known as Division of Perceptual Studies)... HA! Didn't care for their Re-incarnation stuff (Dr. Ian Stevenson); don't believe in that "crap"... ANYWAY, James Madison University in the Shenandoah Valley was good enough; I was a "day student"; on the Dean's List, a few times... working on my M.Ed.
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Jan 06, 2013 at 06:01 PM.

us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    2851 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    JMU is a great university. I have a lot of friends who graduated from there. Keep working hard, good luck to you, my friend.

Jun 2007
    13736 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    JMU is a great university. I have a lot of friends who graduated from there. Keep working hard, good luck to you, my friend.
    TY, and to you...

Jun 2007
    13736 times
    Que Sera, Sera...
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Jan 07, 2013 at 09:49 AM.

us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    2851 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    Whatever will be, will be. The future is not ours to see...

So it goes...

Jun 2007
    13736 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Whatever will be, will be. The future is not ours to see...

So it goes...
    YEP! Wife's web-site WAS up... now "down"; reminds me of an old Beatles' song, sung by John Lennon. The "lads" DID bring me outta coma, tho...

Jun 2007
    13736 times
    SPONSORED by... EVERYTHING ELSE - Treasure Net.

Jun 2007
    13736 times
    To "BE" or not to "BE"; THAT is the question. "Clinical Death" (Incomplete Death) vs Brain Death (Complete Death)...

us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    2851 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    Well, look who knows so much! There is mostly dead and then there is all dead. If somebody is all dead then there is nothing you can do...other then go through his pockets and look for loose change.

When it comes down to to be or not to be the question itself begs the very answer. To Be is not to Be and not to Be is to Be. Truly, do any of us really exist to begin with? Our bodies are composed of electrons, protons, and neutrons orbiting rapidly. The vast majority of our bodies is empty space. Why cannot I not pass my hand through a table? Is a table the same thing is la mesa? If I sit on the floor, put my plate on a chair, and then eat off the chair does that make the chair a table? What if I eat off the ground. Can the earth be a table? Why can I not pass my hand through the earth? Why can I not pass my hand through myself? If I can pass my hand through myself do I actually exist? If I don't actually exist how can I try to pass my hand through myself?

Jun 2007
    13736 times
    All is RELATIVE... your PHYSICAL body and this world has "CONCRETE" PHYSICAL limits, as is believed by the MAJORITY of ppl. What YOU alluded to in terms of "EMPTY space" OF Electrons, Protons, & Neutrons is OUTDATED, as there are SMALLER particles per Quantum Physics. Neuro-Science DOES have good answers, with EASTERN Thoughts, etc. ONLY the PHYSICAL body (with the BRAIN) is ALL Dead. "MIND it is... which gives to things, their Essence"... THINK on THIS! In the ACTUALITY of ALL things, THIS is your REALITY.
    Last edited by Rebel - KGC; Jan 07, 2013 at 08:28 PM.

us
    Jun 2012
    Central Florida
    2851 times
    Fire Nugget Club Member
    I know about the quirks and quarks but I wasn't sure if you did. Does the essence of Buddhism not tell us that all is not 'relative.' All is nothing. Nothing is all. Do we or do we not exist?

us
    manaloneblog.wordpress.com

Jun 2010
    Wherever there be treasure!
    An older blue Excal with connector, remote, Skullie headphones, and various coils. Got rid of the rest of my machines.
    8657 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    It all sounds like mind over matter to me.
    "Treasure is wherever it can be found."

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links