Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Rebel: If I stop acknowledging your existence then you cease to exist in my world. However, what then happens to the act of not acknowledging your existence? The very nature of it would make demand that I acknowledge your existence. Can I refuse to acknowledge your existence without knowing it?

Do you lucid dream? Lucid dreaming is as close to achieving 'there' as possible based on the restrictions of our human form.

Scoop: I know you are new at this so I will start you off with a less complicated one. :) Is it the "fire" of the camp that you need or is it the "fire" of your mind?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
GOOD one...LOL! LUCID Dreaming IS very what I am "alluding" to; it means learning to CONTROL your dream as a PARTICIPANT, rather than just watching the dream like a movie. I take "Night Classes".

KEY is... in YOUR world.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hmm, I see.
LOL to "night classes."

I learned to lucid dream from a book when I was 14y.o. I am no expert but I am lucid every night unless I choose not to be; and even then I am aware. I consider myself a student of the dream state. So much to learn and so little REM to do it in. Think of all the time wasted in those other stages....why?

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Pat-Tekker-Cat: Checked it out. Looks cool. Now that we are crossing over into Tel'aron'Rhiod (sp?) feel free to join in. Of course, you were always welcome before. Are you at all related to The Cat Who Walks Through Walls?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
LUCID Dreaming is BETA wave-length; do you keep a journal of such dreams? Other stages are NOT wasted; it is a step-by-step process.
COMPLETE death would be OMEGA... aka, "FLAT-LINING"... LOVED that movie, "FLATLINERS"!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Beta wave-length with the occasional Kappa-spindles, I think. Got to stay away from Alpha or else the game is over. I stopped keeping a journal years ago. First I identified my dream signs...then I trained to look for inconsistencies. Many times during the day I look twice to make sure I am not dreaming...carries over. can you read EEGs?

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I was able to once... did "independent study" (Transpersonal Psychology) with my interest in Brain Science, now known as NEURO-Science; I did some work in Bio-Feedback.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I was MAINLY focused on the BRAIN; now, NEURO-Science has Spinal Cord study... and such is a correct "adjustment".

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Beta wave-length with the occasional Kappa-spindles, I think. Got to stay away from Alpha or else the game is over. I stopped keeping a journal years ago. First I identified my dream signs...then I trained to look for inconsistencies. Many times during the day I look twice to make sure I am not dreaming...carries over. can you read EEGs?

I thought ALPHA wave-length was OK; wanted for meditation, TM, etc. BIG fan of Noetic Sciences, now...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You got it right. Alpha wave-length is conscious awareness or stage 1 and 2 of sleep. I was referring to alpha being game over in REM because it means you have awakened. I have minimal training in bio-feedback therapy. Learned how to do hypnosis but it just wasn't my bag. Deep breathing an progressive muscle relaxation can be very helpful. Hypnosis relies too much on person participation. Nobody can be hypnotized unless they want to...too many secondary gain issues there. I have no faith in EMDR. I think the gains from doing that are no different then meditation or directly from therapeutic relationship (never to be underestimated.) My masters work was pure Cognitive psychology. Really...the backbone for all of neuroscience.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
True; MY "study" now is CONSCIOUSNESS... AND! I have TOO much ORIGINAL R & I "Independent Study" to do "kisses on the bottom dancing" with various "higher edcation" for Ed.D., ESPECIALLY, post-death CONSCIOUSNESS. BEYOND "Brain Death".

Last edited:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Scoop: I know you are new at this so I will start you off with a less complicated one. :) Is it the "fire" of the camp that you need or is it the "fire" of your mind?

NOTE: Do to recent events, and for obvious reasons, the word "fire" has been erased from my personal vocabulary. I'd hate to inadvertently make myself target to something that, perhaps, really mattered. :laughing7:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Crispin, I am not aware of the 'cat who walks through walls', please do send link, or I will google it, sounds interesting.
I have a friend that does OBE's, he terrorized a cat once, during an OBE. :laughing7:

It is correct, imho, to include the spinal column in brain neuro studies, as it IS part of the brain.
Very amazing, what these plastic brains are capable of. Familiar with Norman Doidges' works? Luria would be proud of him, I'm sure.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Rebel: Let me know when the website is available, I would like to take a look at it. What part of central VA and which hospital were you in? I spent four years studying neuroscience at UVA, Mr. Jefferson's University, the best college in the world. :)

Two and a half months on a vent is a loooong time. Complications like pneumonia and strokes are common. Your body must have been pretty deconditioned when you came out of it. Do you remember what your creatine phosphokinase was when you awoke? Also, I would be curious to see if your lactate dehydrogenase was elevated. How long were you in rehab for? One more question, you said that you were shocked awake, how? Did they do ECT? I have never heard of ECT being used for that...of course, that doesn't mean it hasn't been. A lot of things have happened that I haven't heard about.

I prefer not to openly reveal my speciality. There are some pretty closed minded people with very negative opinions about medicine on this forum. I don't want to be a lightening rod for their attacks. Lets just say that I am board certified in two different areas and you would be pretty hard pressed to find somebody on this website that knows a lot more about neurology then me. I'm sure there are people that know more then I do on this site...just not A LOT more.

Crispin

Welcome to The Hope Network - Providing spiritual support, hope and healing to survivors of crisis.
David's Tabernacle
"The story"...

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Pat-Tekker-Cat: Figure out who the Cat who walks through walls is?

Rebel- Empathy, do you feel like I feel? Do you have the antidote.

Scoop: I am a giant. I only move when I'm invoked, and when I do, I'm going to step on you and not even know it. :)
:occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread