Votes: 0 0.0%
  • For the Value.

• Both.

• Total voters
J

Justadad1999

Because I like to be nosy and because some darn fool told me I can find stuff! LOL

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's in my blood. I GOT INFECTED and ADDICTED BACK in the 60's , and they havn't found a cure yet.

lab rat

May 21, 2003
Sunny Southern CA Coast
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I go for the element of surprise-- you never know what you're going to dig up next! But the experience of fresh air and sunshine is also beneficial, even if I don't find anything.

dfxdude

Jun 29, 2004
Wilmont, MN
Detector(s) used
White's DFX (2) V3i(1)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started it for medical reasons. Dr. said I needed to walk for exercise when I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Well, I can't walk, just for the sake of walking, so got a DFX 3 years ago and the only thing stopping me now is it feels like I'm getting stabbed in the lower back when I walk or stand (L4 thru L7 problems like Lowbatts). Will know later in week if surgery needs to be done. Fortunately, the ground is frozen on the tundra of Minnesota, so I hope this gets taken care of by the thaw. The history and the finds and the mystery are great also.
Butch

Colorado2

Dec 26, 2004
Berthoud CO
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's MXT, Fisher Gold Bug II
Lowbatts & dfxdude....Look into inversion tables. After 15 years of pure pain, I got surgery free relief. Highly recommend to anyone with lumbar problems~CO2

CoinDigger

Greenie
Nov 18, 2004
I like it because it takes me to places that normalley I wouldn't go. I can walk by a penny on the sidewalk without picking it up,but just tell me some one lost a penny in a Field a hundred years ago and I'll look all day for it.If you don't have the bug it's hard to explain 8 hrs digging for $3 in dirty change . I also like the look on my wife's face when I tell her I spent $1500 on a metal detector to find change.

OP
OP
Coin_Saver

Coin_Saver

Nov 10, 2004
Ohio
Hmmm, thx for all the responses, HH CS Oh, and Stoney, I just wanted to see if u had seen the old Star treks.

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Hey CS, I told the wife the next robot I put together is going to look like Capt. Christopher Pike w/the chair. That or the Pope, the similarities are way too scary.

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Back in the early 70's, I would go through rolls of coins from the bank looking for silver. (You could still find silver in circulation then).
Saw an add for metal detectors in a coin magazine, and decided to give it a try. That was over 30 years ago. Since then I have detected all but 6 dimes for a complete (all mint marks) set of Barber, Mercury, and Roosevelt (silver). I am only 5 coins short for a complete of small cents. (F.E. through Lincoln wheat).

smokeydog

Greenie
Jan 23, 2005
Ogden Utah
Detector(s) used
My Posse.. Minelab 705 & E-trac, Ace 250, X1-sunray, Garrett Pro pointer, Coiltek Joey & 15" WOT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the best awnser i could come up with is 'WHY NOT?!" ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread