Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason these mentally ill people are killing innocent people, is because of all the state run mental hospitals that have closed in the last 30 years.

These nut jobs used to be locked up, medicated, and finger painting instead of spiraling out of control with no professional help or supervision.

The parents of these killers were scared of their children, and I bet if they could have locked them up, they would have.

I remember in Ohio when the state run hospitals closed, mid 80's i think, "the mentally ill have rights" "bring them back into their communities where they belong" were things we heard, now we are seeing the results.

Lock up the killers, NOT THE GUNS !!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I agree, this is a huge part of the problem as well as a few other factors.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
More people are killed in this country with hammers and baseball bats than guns,let make all carpenters and baseball players get a license to carry those dangerous weapons WTF and what about cars and doctors???
Gary

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
A gun is totally harmless until someone pulls the trigger. Many mentally ill people show no signs and are totally harmless.....until they pull the trigger! - Solution?

You already lock up the killers and the guards are unarmed to specifically deny them access to guns. Guards are still killed by other means, but i'll guarentee, not one of them would want to patrol their blocks with a gun on their hip!
It's called "common sense" or "the lesser of two evils"!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
A gun is totally harmless until someone pulls the trigger. Many mentally ill people show no signs and are totally harmless.....until they pull the trigger! - Solution?

You already lock up the killers and the guards are unarmed to specifically deny them access to guns. Guards are still killed by other means, but i'll guarentee, not one of them would want to patrol their blocks with a gun on their hip!
It's called "common sense" or "the lesser of two evils"!

Really, you can guarantee that? Not one would want to carry? Wow where did you get your crystal ball? Just don't look at the reflection......might scare ya LOL! As I am referring to that view you have on the world and not said as a personal attack on you.

Last edited:

Rick-SeMI

Jan 18, 2012
Taylor, MI
Detector(s) used
<< Minelab Explorer XS >>
<< White's Spectrum XLT>>
<<<< Tesoro Tiger Shark >>
<<<< Fisher 1225X >>
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It actually started many many years ago.
Therefore, it is never going to correct itself.
We have had the 'bleeding hearts' fix all the 'wrong's in the world.

Many more words can be said.

But, basically it's like this ::: THEY HATE IT WHEN YOU SHOOT BACK!!!:::

Last edited:

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
Really, you can guarantee that? Not one would want to carry? Wow where did you get your crystal ball? Just don't look at the reflection......might scare ya LOL! As I am referring to that view you have on the world and not said as a personal attack on you.

As i said, it's common sense. Some people have it, you don't! C'est la vie mes ami. :dontknow:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dano, you're wrong.

Guards would love to carry and see how it feels to be shot with their own weapon :tongue3:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
As i said, it's common sense. Some people have it, you don't! C'est la vie mes ami. :dontknow:

Just pointing out how arrogant you are as you speak for every guard.....I see you still have your head stuffed.....well you know where. Common sense says pull it back out and quit being so cockey.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
You know suicide is illegal right? So ANY guard carrying a gun into a cell block would be breaking the law as well as being mentally unstable and totally unfit for the job!
So yeah, i think i can speak for every guard!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
You know suicide is illegal right? So ANY guard carrying a gun into a cell block would be breaking the law as well as being mentally unstable and totally unfit for the job!

You are correct; Va. DOC (Dept. of Corrections) policy is NO guns... NO batons (aka night sticks). Security Guards have to develop and show TOUGHNESS... mental attitude, body language, etc. ALL guards carry "3-way radios", tho. They KNOW the "trouble-making" Pods (cell-blocks), and individual cells; we used A-1 (Isolation) MANY times, or just transferred naughty inmates to ANOTHER Institution (prison); aka "passing the buck"...

Last edited:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

Suicide is illegal, what punishment do you propose? Death?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
P. S. I know guards can't carry, just countering dano's claim no guard would want to.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reason these mentally ill people are killing innocent people, is because of all the state run mental hospitals that have closed in the last 30 years.

These nut jobs used to be locked up, medicated, and finger painting instead of spiraling out of control with no professional help or supervision.

The parents of these killers were scared of their children, and I bet if they could have locked them up, they would have.

I remember in Ohio when the state run hospitals closed, mid 80's i think, "the mentally ill have rights" "bring them back into their communities where they belong" were things we heard, now we are seeing the results.

Lock up the killers, NOT THE GUNS !!

GM Ever think the closing could have been a job creator The cost to the state run nut houses was a drain on the tax payer. Giving the problem to a 15$ per hr. social worker solved their problem. Now it's our problem. Reap what they sowed. Big pharma also made big $$ just thke the blue pill and they will become controlled. oops.

I think the state also pays the parents to take care of their own. Now what they do with the $$ is the question.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
As you're probably both aware by now Crispin is in the medical profession and took an oath to save lives.....he puts himself on the line day after day to uphold that oath

Not to make waves but is that kind of like the politicians who took an oath to the U.S. Constitution yet break it or attempt to break it just about everyday.One thing that I have learned,trust few people who took an oath to do anything.No insult directed at you crispin.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Insults and verbal attacks stop now.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TH,

Sorry for the slap down....but I felt it was due....just leveling the playing field so to speak....must be my celtic blood acting up....

Regards + HH

Bill

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bill your post was deleted only because it contained a quote that violated our rules. Sometimes we will edit quote out if small but if multiple members quote it or get into it we will delete a bunch of the posts....

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm done. You win. Remember: You are the minority. The anti-gun is the majority. You have just isolated an influential, open-minded conversationalist. My colleagues were right. I had no chance...made some good friends, learned some good stuff...worth the experience. I will spend my time saving lives and lobbying for better gun control. I was hoping to be convinced otherwise...

Peace be to all, God Bless,
Crispin

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread