0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
onfire said:
On the hot pepper thing you can actually change your metabolism with these. Trouble is you feel them twice. Try a ghost pepper wowie!!!

Hot pepper remedies go back a long way. Check out thompsonian medicine. Belief is you sweet out the back stuff. The shakers used/sold cayenne peppers back in the 80's. good stuff to flush out the body!!

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Where good deeds are performed daily
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hot Pepper. Hot toddy...

I do not rely upon the government or anyone else for my well-being. To do so is a grave mistake....

No shots here, unless you count rifle shots and whiskey shots....

Americans protecting their rights....

My Best,

Scott

Ah, Crap!

Here comes the liberal diatribe...

I had so wanted to avoid politics, but, if you are willing, "Let's Dance..."

Last edited:

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Garrett Fortune Hunter, White's CoinMaster, Garrett American S3, Compass Coin Magnum and a couple of others you will only find in museums!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Friends...

I wish to remind everyone, including myself, that this is a Treasure hunting website.

Politics seldom accounts for treasure found....

Me? I'm going to a "Tot Lot" and swing my magical beep stick to find some "zincolns...."

My Best Wishes to all and may you find the Treasure that you seek.....

Always,

My Best Wishes,

Scott

Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Never had a flue shot, never had the flue. I usually get one cold a season. I have not been to a doctor for at least 15 years. I have had 3 disc operations and the anesthetist Killed me. I watched myself die from the corner ceiling of the room, but a female doctor wouldn't give up. The third shock brought me back. I think it's the coffee that keeps me running. Frank
skull etc 019-3-Resting Rose.jpg

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i have not got sick since i got out of the army no more vaccines no more sick, only time i was sick was in army

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never had a flu shot--I HATE ALL SHOTS!

My opinion is that you are getting a shot to prevent LAST year's strain. Which has mutated to be resistant.

Seems like a big crap shoot to me.

And at my age, I don't like the odds....

Best,

Scott

PS. I WILL have another shot of Jack, please.....

Last edited:

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
AU24K: You are correct. Flu shots are a crap shoot. The CDC does research and studies flu strands in Asia to improve the chances but it is still a guess. This year they targeted influenza B viruses, influenza A (H1N1) viruses, and influenza A (H3N2). Here are the facts about flu shots:
1. Flu shots do not contain a live virus, they cannot give you the flu.
2. Some people have reactions to flu shots that produce symptoms that mimic the flu. These people should not have flu shots. I had flu shots every year until I had severe reactions two years in a row. Now I don't get one, I take my chances with the virus and wash my hands a lot.
3. The flu does not kill most people who get it. People who are at high risk are >65, pregnant women, and people with certain chronic diseases. The reason behind this is that their immune system is compromised and they will have a very hard time fighting the virus. Infection has a much higher chance of leading to death.
4. You should consider getting a flu shot if you care for one of the above because you are infectious before you get symptoms and risk giving it to them.
5. If you are none of these things then getting a flu shot is really a matter of preference. Chances are extremely high that you will survive...you just running the risk of being sick for a couple weeks. That is assuming that the CDC guesses right, which they do not always do.

Side Note: Do not ask your doctor for Tamiflu if you have had symptoms greater then 48 hours. Supplies are running short throughout the country and it will be of no benefit after the 48 hour period.

Crispin

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Never had a flue shot, never had the flue. I usually get one cold a season. I have not been to a doctor for at least 15 years. I have had 3 disc operations and the anesthetist Killed me. I watched myself die from the corner ceiling of the room, but a female doctor wouldn't give up. The third shock brought me back. I think it's the coffee that keeps me running. Frank
View attachment 724813

You had an "Out-of-body Experience"; I know a former FBI Supervisor (former boss at the Central Virginia Criminal Justice Academy), who had one during HIS surgery. He was scared S***less, until I explained to him what happened; we will get with Dr. E. Alexander (who had a NDE) soon, and "talk".

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Rebel. When you are watching "from outside" there is no fear or pain. It is only utter peace. It also confermes that there is something on "the other side" Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

rockhound

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2005
The company I used to work for posted a memo one day, after Thanksgivng, that said that they had contacted the local hospital and had reserved flu shots for all 500 plus employees, totally free. They also claimed that it was mandatory to get this shot. The hospital sent a nurse to the plant on a Friday to administer those shots. Only two of us refused to get those shots. Come Monday morning guess how many employees showed up for work, you guessed it, two. All those who recieved the flu shots were in bed with the flu. The following year, they never even offered for anyone to get the shots, most would have refused anyway. Neve had one and never will. I have had the flu one or twice in about 25 years but I am generally over it in a day or so, because I am a herbalist and holistic medicine user. Good Luck. rockhound

AU24K

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AU24K: You are correct. Flu shots are a crap shoot. The CDC does research and studies flu strands in Asia to improve the chances but it is still a guess. This year they targeted influenza B viruses, influenza A (H1N1) viruses, and influenza A (H3N2). Here are the facts about flu shots:
1. Flu shots do not contain a live virus, they cannot give you the flu.
2. Some people have reactions to flu shots that produce symptoms that mimic the flu. These people should not have flu shots. I had flu shots every year until I had severe reactions two years in a row. Now I don't get one, I take my chances with the virus and wash my hands a lot.
3. The flu does not kill most people who get it. People who are at high risk are >65, pregnant women, and people with certain chronic diseases. The reason behind this is that their immune system is compromised and they will have a very hard time fighting the virus. Infection has a much higher chance of leading to death.
4. You should consider getting a flu shot if you care for one of the above because you are infectious before you get symptoms and risk giving it to them.
5. If you are none of these things then getting a flu shot is really a matter of preference. Chances are extremely high that you will survive...you just running the risk of being sick for a couple weeks. That is assuming that the CDC guesses right, which they do not always do.

Side Note: Do not ask your doctor for Tamiflu if you have had symptoms greater then 48 hours. Supplies are running short throughout the country and it will be of no benefit after the 48 hour period.

Crispin

According to studies published, included in PDR's relating to "adverse reactions," many of the adverse reactions were due to the additional ingredients used for, say, binders, spoilage protectors, etc., many of which contained egg based inclusions.

As an older person, who strives to be as healthy as I can, Physically, Intellectually, Interpersonally, Emotionally, Environmentally and Spiritually, I feel that I have a higher chance of immunity than most.

Thus, keep your needles away from me!

My best advice towards health issues is prevention and self responsibility.

My Best,

Scott

PS. And vices in moderation. I moderately believe that I'll have just one more shot. Of Jack.
"Here's to your health!" :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Onfire ,you bring up a good point,that being healthy might be the way to get the FLU. I have herd some doctors in the past saying that some people who eat junk food are less likely to get the flu,then others who are healthy.I remember when I use to be a runner and swimmer,I thought I was in great shape because I would swim 2miles everyday and run 10 to 15 miles every other day,but I use to get sick quicker than my junkfood eating friends,and now that don't run anymore ,and barely swim 2 miles a month I feel better and I have not gotten a FLU shot for 5 years now.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Onfire ,you bring up a good point,that being healthy might be the way to get the FLU. I have herd some doctors in the past saying that some people who eat junk food are less likely to get the flu,then others who are healthy.I remember when I use to be a runner and swimmer,I thought I was in great shape because I would swim 2miles everyday and run 10 to 15 miles every other day,but I use to get sick quicker than my junkfood eating friends,and now that don't run anymore ,and barely swim 2 miles a month I feel better and I have not gotten a FLU shot for 5 years now.

That's because you were weakening your system with over exertion.
using it up quicker :occasion14:

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Rebel, I sent Frankn some links to the other site.
Every vaccination I ever received I got sick from it. My mom would watch me for days, worrying.......
I don't do the flu shot, and usually don't get the flu, unless I been around too many snowbirds at Publix. :laughing7:

I have been advised however, us metal detectors should keep our tetnus shots up. I don't know about you, I get stuck with all kinda things out hunting.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Q: Doctor, I've heard that cardiovascular exercise can prolong life. Is this true?

A: Your heart only good for so many beats, and that it...don't waste on exercise. Everything wear out eventually. Speeding up heart not make you live longer; it like saying you extend life of car by driving faster. Want to live longer? Take nap.

Q: Should I cut down on meat and eat more fruits and vegetables?

A: You must grasp logistical efficiency. What does cow eat? Hay and corn.

And what are these? Vegetables. So steak is nothing more than efficient mechanism of delivering vegetables to your system. Need grain? Eat chicken. Beef also good source of field grass (green leafy vegetable). And pork chop can give you 100% of recommended daily allowance of vegetable product. Ice Cream even better - everything Cow eats in one package!

Q: Should I reduce my alcohol intake?

A: No, not at all. Wine made from fruit. Brandy is distilled wine, that mean they take water out of fruity bit so you get even more of goodness that way. Beer also made of grain. All people who don't drink unhappy - happy people live longer so drink more. Bottom up!

Q: How can I calculate my body/fat ratio?

A: Well, if you have body and you have fat, your ratio one to one. If you have two bodies, your ratio two to one, etc.

Q: What are some of the advantages of participating in a regular exercise program?

A: Can't think of single one, sorry. More people killed running on street than lying on couch. My philosophy is: No pain...good!

Q: Aren't fried foods bad for you?

A: YOU NOT LISTENING! Food are fried these day in vegetable oil. In fact, they permeated by it. How could getting more vegetable be bad for you?!?

Q: Will sit-ups help prevent me from getting a little soft around the middle?

A: Definitely not! When you exercise muscle, it get bigger.. You should only be doing sit-up if you want bigger stomach.

Q: What about food additives?

A: You want to complain about something for free? If it added - must be better - like fuel additive!

Q: Is chocolate bad for me?

A: Are you crazy?!? HEL-LO-O!! Cocoa bean! Another vegetable! It best feel-good food around!

Q: Is swimming good for your figure?

A: If swimming good for your figure, explain whale to me..

Q: Is getting in shape important for my lifestyle?

A: Hey! 'Round' a shape!

Well, I hope this has cleared up any misconceptions you may have had about food and diets.

And remember:

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"

AND......

For those of you who watch what you eat, here's the final word on nutrition and health. It's a relief to know the truth after all those conflicting nutritional studies.

1. The Japanese eat very little fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

2. The Mexicans eat a lot of fat and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

3. The Chinese drink very little red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

4. The Italians drink a lot of red wine and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans.

5. The Germans drink a lot of beer and eat lots of sausages and fats and suffer fewer heart attacks than Americans..

CONCLUSION:

Eat and drink what you like.
Speaking English is apparently what kills you.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Hey Rebel, I sent Frankn some links to the other site.
Every vaccination I ever received I got sick from it. My mom would watch me for days, worrying.......
I don't do the flu shot, and usually don't get the flu, unless I been around too many snowbirds at Publix. :laughing7:

I have been advised however, us metal detectors should keep our tetnus shots up. I don't know about you, I get stuck with all kinda things out hunting.

THANKS, P-T-C. SOMETIMES, MD'ing brings on EXISTENTIAL ANGST... dread, anxiety, anger, depression... HA! Even the FLU SHOT causes Existential Angst!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions