TSA power grab****

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Fact- The TSA budget is $7.5 BILLION. They are asking for an additional $100 MILLION to fund 37 teams of roving screeners. They say there is nothing in there mission statement that limits them to airports. In one 2011 incident,Amtrack passengers exiting at Savanna Georgia, were screened before they were allowed to leave the station. They are now eying NFL games and roadblocks for screening. I know, I couldn't believe it either.
REF: National Geographic Traveler Mag. Feb/Mar 2013 page 27 "The Insider" Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
I believe that i covered this about 2 or so years ago:laughing9:So i'll just say do you believe me now.Actually TSA was covering a football game not to long ago,they even had a small drone,though they refused to admit it.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All you have to do is say national security anymore and these wack jobs will get funding and be able to go through your personal belongings.. It's great being an American citizen and being treated like a criminal.. Got to love it....

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
TSA Denies Using Drone At Vikings-Packers Game

Does not comment on roaming VIPR agents

Steve Watson
Prisonplanet.com
Jan 3, 2013

The TSA yesterday denied employing an unmanned surveillance drone at the December 30th Vikings-Packers game at the Metrodome in Minnesota, dismissing online photographs of the flying craft.

As we reported earlier in the week, Attorney Nathan M. Hansen took photographs of the spy drone and posted them to his twitter feed following the game.

The images revealed a small drone with four rotors hovering high above the crowds.
311212image2.jpg

The TSA’s blogger Bob Burns picked up on the story and posted the following statement Wednesday:

“After a drone was spotted at a Vikings game, rumors have been “flying” around that it was a TSA drone. I just wanted to take this quick opportunity to say that TSA does not use drones. I have been accused of “droning” on and on before, but other than that, we’re drone free.”

In our original report, Infowars noted that an alternative explanation could have been that the drone was being used for sports photography.

Of course, it is not beyond any realms of possibility that the TSA would employ such devices, however, given that police departments all across the nation, as well as other federal agencies under the umbrella of the Department of Homeland Security are actively deploying drones in US skies.

Commenters on the TSA blog were also quick to point out that Hansen’s photographs included TSA agents standing around the Metrodome fan plaza on the west side.

311212image3.jpg

The TSA’s Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response teams, or VIPR teams, illustrated that fact that the widely loathed federal agency continues to metastasize into an occupational security force.

At time of writing, Bob Burns nor any other TSA source has confirmed that these agents were present at the game.

Last year, the NFL announced that it would phase in TSA-style pat downs of fans entering stadiums. The Department of Homeland Security has also worked closely with the NFL on numerous occasions to promote its “See Something, Say Something” snitch campaign.

As we have exhaustively documented, the TSA has long since expanded outside of airports, and is now in the process of transforming itself into a security force that will have a presence at virtually every major public venue, from sports events, to political functions, to music concerts.

Before the February 2012 Super Bowl, the TSA attracted derision for a program which trained thousands of fast food sellers and other vendors to spot terrorists under the “First Observer” program. VIPR teams were also out in force at the stadium and nearby transportation hubs.

Earlier this month, we reported on how the TSA was seeking permission from the Office of Management and Budget to conduct “security assessments” on highways as well as at 140 other public transportation hubs, including bus depots and train stations.

Last year, the TSA was responsible for over 9,000 checkpoints across the United States, a number set to increase thanks to the agency’s bloated budget and its expansion beyond anything vaguely related to transportation. Since its inception in the US after 9/11, the TSA has grown in size exponentially. The agency was slammed in a recent congressional report for wasting hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars on security theater.

OP
OP
Frankn

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Those drones would make good clay pigeons. For one thing it is illegal to fly directly over the stadium and for another the minimum altitude for aircraft is 300'. Frank

111-1 profile.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions