bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
onfire,

Sometimes it's hard to keep on top of all these posts and the intent of the poster....lol..

But I have to admit these posts are not only enlightening but a load of good entertainment to boot.

Regards + HH

Bill

Billie I was referring to the noose.

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Alcohol is a social lubricant.

In moderation it brings folks together and contributes to cohesiveness between folks with differing viewpoints.

It greases the political wheels as compromise is far easier when you've partied with those on the other side of the aisle.

As an example, after Clinton was elected Washington turned into a wide open party scene every night. Regardless of your beliefs or your opinion of the outcome, you can't deny that the ability of the House & Senate to compromise during the Clinton administration was far better than at any time before or afterwards and that this compromise contributed to one of the greatest eras of peace and prosperity in the history of mankind.

I'm not saying alcohol is the reason great things happen, but it is a piece of the puzzle.

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My friends, sons and I get together once or twice a week and sit around a big camp fire just talking and drinking a few beers. We should record these sessions as I'm sure we have come up with solutions to many of the world's problems during these events, we just forget them by the next day. :(

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll agree that a nip will relax you and calm the nerves, but just what happens when they toss a little weed into the mix :dontknow:

I understand that both Washington, and Jefferson sat in the back when the First Continental Congress met to discuss the Intolerable Acts. There was a transcript noting some giggling from the rear of the room, in their general direction. Both John Jay and John Adams were close and overheard the following

GW - ffffttt, ffffttt, fttt, eemmmm, Kaugh, Hey Tommy, this is some good bud
TJ fffffffttttt yeaahhh man.

and the giggles continued :headbang:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread