spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes siree Bob, summer is just around the corner. OK, it's still a few months away, but there's no time like the present to plan.
Soon enough it will be time to get out there and enjoy the good weather while it lasts. :headbang:

Which brings us to the topic at hand. Have any of you already made your summer plans yet? I think the rising cost of fuel and poor economy, may have affected some plans and many are just looking to stay closer to home and explore some areas you have never been too and hope to find a local jewel. I'm certain that some may have made their plans for this year months ago, will you still stick with your plan :dontknow:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Spring trip to another country cancelled. Will likely use resources earmarked for it in some longer distance detecting.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm guessing that's that way many will go this year, a vacation on a shoestring budget :thumbsup:

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm planning another fishing trip to Alaska, possible fishing trip to Mexican waters, a big garden and, oh yeah, a lot of time reloading ammo.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Spart,

Being retired....probably stick pretty close to home...probably some local site seeing and see if I can raid some parks sites in other towns nearby for metal detecting....

Cost wise as you mentioned everything seems to be going up......besides some of the cheapest entertainment going
is right here on the site....where else could you find such as mix of characters in one location....there's one location that I can think of but I can't say because I'd get a time out...lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Last edited:
OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Packer, with all the fishing you do, there are still some fish left in the oceans :dontknow: :tongue3:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
packerbacker,

If you happen to hook Spart one of these days for the sanity of the forum...maybe you should keep him or adopt him or something....if nothing else just for the benefit of the forum members....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Just the ones I let go Spart. Actually, that's quite a few. :)

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just for the halibut Bill? I couldn't resist. Spart's a good guy. he has knowledge of the mean streets. He likes to spice his life with humor to make up for it. Our whole family tries to lighten up adversity with humor; it's the only way out.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
packerbacker,

No argument from me on that one....came from a rough and tumble environment myself....some how made it through the maze....a bit bent and twisted....but with the humor still intact.....you and Spart are both ok in my books....I just like poking a bit of fun to keep that atmosphere light also......

Regards + HH

Bill

Just for the halibut Bill? I couldn't resist. Spart's a good guy. he has knowledge of the mean streets. He likes to spice his life with humor to make up for it. Our whole family tries to lighten up adversity with humor; it's the only way out.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I plan on getting a job this summer with the Obama administration going door to door and collecting guns in exchange for a little "Smiling Face" sticker.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
packerbacker,

Yeah....that I already know....mind you most of the people I align myself with are that way....so let's see thick, twisted, obstinate, rebellious, non conformists, anti authority.......heck I'm starting to sound like I'm part of another group on here except we have less firepower....lol....

Regards + HH

Bill

Spart's thick, he can take it

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Austin,

Will you settle for me hitting the like button a couple of times??

Regards + HH

Bill

I plan on getting a job this summer with the Obama administration going door to door and collecting guns in exchange for a little "Smiling Face" sticker.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Packer, in honor of myself.. :laughing7:

Best Tull song EVER!!!! 1978 Madison Square Garden, NYC :headbang: and Genesis was the opening act.. :thumbsup:

Life was good then :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread