spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I remember years ago having classes on typing when I was in JHS. The good old standard Underwood, was the monster of all machines to me at that time. I remember how huge it was and the keys were not too responsive to a light tap either. Maybe too much dust around the oiled parts slowed it down a bit, but the sound it made when striking the paper was unmistakeable :tongue3:

Gone are those old monsters of yesterday, replaced by a piece of plastic made overseas, and further reduced to just a keyboard with no sound at all :laughing7:

I have long forgotten the correct way to type and just use several fingers to work my magic over the keyboard. Yes, I can still type pretty quickly, but longed for that need of speed

Until now

Thanks to Evelyn Woods new speed typing course, you will now be able to cut back the time you spend typing on the computer. This class was so fast, I completed all the courses in a matter of mere minutes and just look at the results. I sat down and wrote out several threads and in the matter of minutes and posted them for your enjoyment..

Enroll today, and mention my name Spartacus53 and you will get an additional discount off the normal price of $19.99 Then you too can amaze your friends with your ability to astound them with the speed and accuracy of a dozen typists

Act now and we'll also throw in a new mouse pad, because you'll be burning them up in no time

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
were you using the underwood spam model?

I learned on a Royal mechanical typewriter, then got to move up to an IBM selectric. They left spell check out of both models so a person had to actually know how to spell way back then in the olden days.

Heck there was a full day of a'lernin just on the QUERTY keyboard.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny how I forgot about the other popular brand Royal. For my experience I'm talking perhaps 1965/66. I always thought that Underwood was the Cadillac of their time :tongue3:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never had 1 day of typing in school.
I took Industrial arts instead of Business courses just to avoid it.

taught myself the general area of where the letters are on a key board,
And when one seems to disappear I look for it.
when I misspell I either live with it or correct it .

and I can do it all with 1 finger
& it didn't cost a cent. :headbang:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and I can do it all with 1 finger & it didn't cost a cent. :headbang:

Jeff, don't even bother reading the post on getting taken :tongue3:

I had typing I think in the 7th grade :icon_scratch: They didn't allow me in any shop classes until HS, and then I was under strict observation :laughing7:

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typing.....funny, but if I actually stop to think about it I can't do it. :icon_scratch: As long as I just do it, it flows like second nature.

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty much the same way and it's time for a new keyboard, 1/2 the keys are erased. My keyboard with a few exceptions looks like a bunch of black squares :laughing7:

OP
OP
spartacus53

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you mention that Davest, but if I remember correctly that was only offered to girls at the time along with home economics. You had to love the sexist 60's :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread