Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no politics because members can't tolerate apposing opinions,
and prefer to call names,
& no pot is not legal in DC, not even decriminalized that I'm aware.

it is not legal anywhere else actually. DER can still arrest you anywhere in the US

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Depends on the amount you have,in mass an ounce or under is not a criminal offense.You get 100 dollar ticket.

OP
OP
O

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no politics because members can't tolerate apposing opinions,
and prefer to call names,
& no pot is not legal in DC, not even decriminalized that I'm aware.

it is not legal anywhere else actually. DER can still arrest you anywhere in the US

The reason I asked was, I was away from the tele and was listening to who ever was talking on every channel . Who ever it was had to be super high:laughing9:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know, i got up 1 AM' ish

watched the bamazon
then turned TV off.

will probably turn it on again 1AM'ish to watch tonights recordings.
then off again.

Don't wanna see Political Mo-Rons or anything else Lame, i can't Fast forward through

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Legalize it and tax it just like booze, put the billions gov spends fighting it (and losing) along with the taxes towards the national debt.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Legalize it and tax it just like booze, put the billions gov spends fighting it (and losing) along with the taxes towards the national debt.

Well, that's a thought because you know . . . dope smokers are as much fun as drunks, you can get money out of em. Just make the tax 5 times as high as everything else and really put a dent in the deficit. Kalifornia alone might help us avoid insolvency

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Taxing pot is just a ploy to talk people into it's acceptance. It's a weed, right? It grows all by itself. So why should someone pay tax on pot or alcohol when one can just grow it or ferment it themselves? Unless of course the Government can legalize crazy good weed and the only good reason to buy legal alcohol is because it's just a lot better than shine.
After the 60's where so many lost their fear of pot (including our politicians) it's odd to me that there is still this conversation. The Border Patrol still refers to pot as a narcotic? I wonder what they've been smoking?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Taxing pot is just a ploy to talk people into it's acceptance. It's a weed, right? It grows all by itself. So why should someone pay tax on pot or alcohol when one can just grow it or ferment it themselves? Unless of course the Government can legalize crazy good weed and the only good reason to buy legal alcohol is because it's just a lot better than shine.
After the 60's where so many lost their fear of pot (including our politicians) it's odd to me that there is still this conversation. The Border Patrol still refers to pot as a narcotic? I wonder what they've been smoking?

I lived the 60s...... You tax it to make revenue.....The same reason they tax booze......

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
If the taxed stupid and overreaching laws by sell outs, we could pay off the debt tomorrow.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I lived the 60s...... You tax it to make revenue.....The same reason they tax booze......

I lived the 60's too. The moonshiners reacted to taxes with revolution. Taxing booze or pot is the Government "allowing" you to get high. Big Brothers permission. Fermentation and weeds occur naturally so when is government involvement unacceptable? If making revenue goes to extremes, it's time to starve the beast.
BTW, good you survived the 60's.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Are you kidding me! Bla bla bla bla bla bla Makes sense why we can't talk politics here. Is pot legal in D.C?

I'm not sure a total ban on politics makes sense. Politics are part of our life and affect all of us. Their site, their rules, I guess. Myself, I feel a bit hobbled. I've seen entire threads disappear. Where did they go? Only the junta knows.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, that's a thought because you know . . . dope smokers are as much fun as drunks, you can get money out of em. Just make the tax 5 times as high as everything else and really put a dent in the deficit. Kalifornia alone might help us avoid insolvency

I wish it worked but giving our government more money won't help the debt. The gov will just be encouraged to find a way to spend more. If I give an employee a raise, they can chose to pay off their debts or assume the mindset that they can afford more debt. Guess which one?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I wish it worked but giving our government more money won't help the debt. The gov will just be encouraged to find a way to spend more. If I give an employee a raise, they can chose to pay off their debts or assume the mindset that they can afford more debt. Guess which one?

I think perhaps you misunderstood my post - personally I don't approve of any of it. The problem with the economy is that we spend many times more than we have.

More taxes are the cure, according to What's His Name. Tax the rich, millionaires. I'm not making much on my job, but my taxes went up. So much for honesty from a sitting president.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The only honesty coming out of him was "I am going to transform America".............I think that speaks for itself.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
I think perhaps you misunderstood my post - personally I don't approve of any of it. The problem with the economy is that we spend many times more than we have.

More taxes are the cure, according to What's His Name. Tax the rich, millionaires. I'm not making much on my job, but my taxes went up. So much for honesty from a sitting president.

Hey Chadeaux, I spent some time in Arkansas myself. Right in the middle. Married a Cajun girl and had a kid there. Been awhile.
Some say the cure is more jobs. Funny people. First comes NAFTA, then make it ez to take a company off shore. Even reward leaving the USA with the jobs. Then our leaders wring their hands and ask "How did this happen?" Our fearless leaders got us into this and have no real clue how to fix it. Any healthy economy needs jobs. Maybe putting a hold on their pay checks would sober them up.
Naw, the air is too thin way up there.
I think an equal tax for rich people is about fairness. They know it won't fix much as there just aren't enough of them. Probably a good thing.
Kind of irritating when a guy can sit by his pool sipping a Margareta and paying 15% tax while a working stiff gets up everyday, goes to work and pays more. It's said the rich need more money because they create jobs. OK, so where are the jobs?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread