New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Freshman Republican threatens to impeach Obama over gun control

By Eric W. Dolan
Monday, January 14, 2013 17:42 EST

Freshman Rep. Steve Stockman (R-TX) on Monday threatened to impeach President Barack Obama if he used an executive order to infringe American’s Second Amendment rights.

“The White House’s recent announcement they will use executive orders and executive actions to infringe on our constitutionally-protected right to keep and bear arms is an unconstitutional and unconscionable attack on the very founding principles of this republic,” he said in a statement.

“I will seek to thwart this action by any means necessary, including but not limited to eliminating funding for implementation, defunding the White House, and even filing articles of impeachment.”

During a press conference Monday morning, the President suggested he would use an executive order to reduce gun violence. Obama explained there were “some steps that we can take that don’t require legislation and are within my authority as president.”

It is unclear what executive actions the President plans to make. Obama has called for better background checks for gun buyers, renewing the assault weapons ban, and restricting high-capacity magazines. However, the U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that an executive order can only be used to clarify or attempt to further a law approved by Congress.

But Stockman believes Obama potentially plans to do something drastic and unconstitutional.

“The President’s actions are an existential threat to this nation,” he said. “The right of the people to keep and bear arms is what has kept this nation free and secure for over 200 years. The very purpose of the Second Amendment is to stop the government from disallowing people the means to defend themselves against tyranny.”

Last week, Stockman introduced legislation that would repeal federal laws mandating “gun free zones” around schools. He claimed the zones “created a dangerous situation for our children.”

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember the idiot newspaper in New York that published the names of registered gun owners? On the national news today I read one elderly person's home was burglarized and the target of the thieves was their gun safe. Their name was published on the list. Luckily they weren't home and the crooks did not get any guns. I would so like to see them sue the snot out of that newspaper.....

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And I'll bet he really gets a ton of impacting support. How many willing petition signers can the NRA arrange? :laughing7:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I think it is time for you to go research two names. Orville Faubus and Ross Barnett. They stood up to the feds. Didn't work out too well for either of them.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If Heir obama uses exective action on gun control it is a direct violation of the Constitution and direct violation of his oath of office. It is an impeachable offense.

"I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and I will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States."
Heir obama wants to create a constitutional crisis to distract people from the fact the economy is going now where at all......

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is time for you to go research two names. Orville Faubus and George Wallace. They stood up to the feds. Didn't work out too well for either of them.

Austin, The Feds actions then were not violating the constitution, Orville Faubus and George Wallace were refusing to intergrate, that is not an Amendment nor a part of the Constitution. The Feds had full power and were correct in enforcing it. George Wallace never had any intention of actually standing up to the Feds then, it was strictly a political show for his political base...........

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been wondering for years now what will trigger the next great American unrest. I remember the riots in the 60's, the commotion with Nixon's resignation, the day both Bobby Kennedy was killed and George Wallace was shot, the riots and looting during sports events, power outages and snowstorms, etc. etc. We are a much more divided nation now than since the Revolution and the Civil War. They say history repeats itself. All I know is that trouble is coming. I certainly don't know the nature of it or how it will play out. But it is coming. I'd really like to hide under the bed, but that won't help.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Treasure Hunter,
I agree; a lot of this 2nd Amendment debate is created by the government to DEFLECT attention away from another issue; the poor state of this economy and the apparent ineptness of the Obama administration in effectively manage the affairs of this country. The 'fiscal cliff' is still there; the last vote only 'pushed the can down the road' for another 60 days; now 50 days or so.
Don.....

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well if you think the Political show is real, then you think the Pro wrestling show is real....the Republicans beat us up then they tag the Democrats in to finish the job, (they are all in cahoots) then they all go out to dinner on our dime.
Gary

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just think, four years from next Monday we get to inaugurate somebody else! I think the campaigning has already started.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That is if this country is still intact and if he isn't King Obama..................
Just think, four years from next Monday we get to inaugurate somebody else! I think the campaigning has already started.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The day Queen Obama (Barry) is gone I will have a party and I will finally take down my jar of "Obama In Pee Pee", of which was inspired by Glenn Beck.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been wondering for years now what will trigger the next great American unrest.

They dont have to rely on looting and riots now, they have HAARP.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter,
I agree; a lot of this 2nd Amendment debate is created by the government to DEFLECT attention away from another issue; the poor state of this economy and the apparent ineptness of the Obama administration in effectively manage the affairs of this country. The 'fiscal cliff' is still there; the last vote only 'pushed the can down the road' for another 60 days; now 50 days or so.
Don.....

Watch the Fiscal cliff will be circumvented by executive action.

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I think it is time for you to go research two names. Orville Faubus and George Wallace. They stood up to the feds. Didn't work out too well for either of them.
So what???????????...you want to just roll-over?
Jim

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Have they ruled out the special coin made out of rare metal, then

Maybe theyre going to realize if they make their trillion dollar coin then theres real no reason for US citizens to pay taxes. :laughing9:

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
But can't Obama issue a directive that is only good for a particular length of time? We'll see what he does. He is a pretty slick professional politician and managed to get elected twice in this country. Nothing would surprise me, but I think he's too smart to openly screw up and put himself at risk. The next week or so should be interesting. You, treasure hunter, had the best advice. Write, call, text, email your Senator and Congressman.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread