Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill, you got me with a tear jerker on your friends post. That is just not playing fair.

All: After talking with my friends and colleagues they suggested I was quitting (I hate that word) for the wrong reasons. They told me to quit if I felt like I was banging my head against the wall. They told me to quit if it was making me unhappy. However, they said I could absolutely not quit because somebody said something ignorant about mental health and it upset me. They pointed out that quitting for that reason is like acknowledging the other side is right. They urged me to stand and fight. Personally, I think I do enough standing and fighting; but, I acknowledge they have a point.

Crispin's Manifesto: I will not tolerate uneducated, inflammatory attacks on mental illness. If you have a legitmate question I will be happy to answer it. If you make a statement like "Lets lock up all the mentally ill" or "antidepressants are the reason behind mass murders" then I am going to come after the thread with a vengance and persistence that will make RJC look like child's play. I stand for those who cannot stand for themselves!

Sincerely,

Crispin

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:headbang: Hear, hear Crispin. :headbang:

I'll even take it one step further and say it applies in other fields as well. What applies to one, should apply to all. Regardless of their national origin. Yea, my post was to be based on Cyber Bullying. Me, I have no problem and can deal with uniformed twits, but some of this sanctioned nonsense is over the line.

Unlike many other thread that cry about issues, I think we're the kind that tackle an issue and get them resolved.

P.S. I do like your manifesto, mine is somewhat shorter

Spartacus53's manifesto: Play ball with me and I'll shove the bat up your (feel free to fill in the blanks) :laughing7:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Crispin, people are going to have different views and sometimes on a impersonal media like the internet, treasurenet, twitter, ect. they may say things in a manner that is much harsher than they otherwise would. If you don't like what they are saying best thing to do is not get wound up and present your side along with facts in a calm manner. They may or may not agree in the end but hopefully everyone's eyes are opened some and you can make some new friends in the end.......it's always ok to be friends with someone even if you passionately disagree.:occasion14:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Spartucus, now is that a wood bat or a metal bat? Cause I use a metal one in my ball games. LOL:laughing7::occasion14:
:headbang: Hear, hear Crispin. :headbang:

I'll even take it one step further and say it applies in other fields as well. What applies to one, should apply to all. Regardless of their national origin. Yea, my post was to be based on Cyber Bullying. Me, I have no problem and can deal with uniformed twits, but some of this sanctioned nonsense is over the line.

Unlike many other thread that cry about issues, I think we're the kind that tackle an issue and get them resolved.

P.S. I do like your manifesto, mine is somewhat shorter

Spartacus53's manifesto: Play ball with me and I'll shove the bat up your (feel free to fill in the blanks) :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with debate or disagreement ....With that said all threads and or posts will conform to our rules or be deleted. Members can disagree, they can not attack each other.
Please post by our rules..Mods do not like handing out time outs but will if our rules and warnings are ignored.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nothing wrong with debate or disagreement ....

:laughing9: Now that is funnier than anything I've ever posted :laughing9:

There is little of that going on, once an opposing makes a comment, it reverts to name calling :laughing7:

T-Net is nothing more than a poorly supervised playground and the so called rules only apply to some :tongue3:

And no, I'm not directing this at anyone, just making comment for discussion :headbang:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

First and foremost....the friends post was a thumbs up mostly to you......for standing up for what you believe....I stood behind you then and I'll stand behind you now for standing up for what you believe in....

They want to take you down.....they have to get through me first.....I've got an oversized clip of silver bullets to cover your back.....rock on dude.....at the end of the day....you can look in the mirror and say you stood up for what you believe in.....and the ludites.....can well do you know what....

Keep the faith my friend.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill, you got me with a tear jerker on your friends post. That is just not playing fair.

All: After talking with my friends and colleagues they suggested I was quitting (I hate that word) for the wrong reasons. They told me to quit if I felt like I was banging my head against the wall. They told me to quit if it was making me unhappy. However, they said I could absolutely not quit because somebody said something ignorant about mental health and it upset me. They pointed out that quitting for that reason is like acknowledging the other side is right. They urged me to stand and fight. Personally, I think I do enough standing and fighting; but, I acknowledge they have a point.

Crispin's Manifesto: I will not tolerate uneducated, inflammatory attacks on mental illness. If you have a legitmate question I will be happy to answer it. If you make a statement like "Lets lock up all the mentally ill" or "antidepressants are the reason behind mass murders" then I am going to come after the thread with a vengance and persistence that will make RJC look like child's play. I stand for those who cannot stand for themselves!

Sincerely,

Crispin

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I love a good debate or discussion. Cheap shots at the mentally ill is akin to racist or sexist statements. I assume TNET would not let people rant and rave about paraplegics, deaf or blind, Alzheimer's, diabetics, Lou Gherig's, Huntington's disease, Down Syndrome, Autism, Asperger's, or people with high blood pressure. I ask the same be afforded to the mentally ill. Mental illness is a disease, a chemical imbalance, genetic. Dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin, glutmate, GABA, and acetylcholine are just a few that can be treated with medications to help. I stand by my mainfesto. I will not attack or insult people. However, I will attack and insult their opinions. I have the facts and education to back it up. "Liberty and Justice for all." I will bring both barrels and I will not let up. Anything else would dishonor my family, my friends, and my patients.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wooden bats don't give people splinters, people give people splinters. Don't tread on me or my wooden bat. You will have to pry that wooden bat from my cold dead hands. And owning wooden bats is my god given right!!

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I love a good debate or discussion. Cheap shots at the mentally ill is akin to racist or sexist statements. I assume TNET would not let people rant and rave about paraplegics, deaf or blind, Alzheimer's, diabetics, Lou Gherig's, Huntington's disease, Down Syndrome, Autism, Asperger's, or people with high blood pressure. I ask the same be afforded to the mentally ill. Mental illness is a disease, a chemical imbalance, genetic. Dopamine, norepinephrine, serotonin, glutmate, GABA, and acetylcholine are just a few that can be treated with medications to help. I stand by my mainfesto. I will not attack or insult people. However, I will attack and insult their opinions. I have the facts and education to back it up. "Liberty and Justice for all." I will bring both barrels and I will not let up. Anything else would dishonor my family, my friends, and my patients.

Behind ya, on this... CARRY ON!

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Diesel,

No problem with disagreements among the members....discussions, debates, etc....it's all good....that said if you or anyone else attacks Crispin like what happened awhile back the slapdown will be much worse than the last time...

Not one for idle threats....just saying....

Now play nice and we wont have any problems.

Regards + HH

Bill

Crispin, people are going to have different views and sometimes on a impersonal media like the internet, treasurenet, twitter, ect. they may say things in a manner that is much harsher than they otherwise would. If you don't like what they are saying best thing to do is not get wound up and present your side along with facts in a calm manner. They may or may not agree in the end but hopefully everyone's eyes are opened some and you can make some new friends in the end.......it's always ok to be friends with someone even if you passionately disagree.:occasion14:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Glad to see Crispin you are pro gun with your double barrels! :thumbsup:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

Here's a song to cheer you up.....I'm sure you colleagues could do a case study on this crowd and probably end up more confused than me at the end of the day....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Sincerely,

Crispin

Last edited:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patients in Peril

The Journal Sentinel spent six months investigating problems at the Milwaukee County Mental Health Complex. The newspaper found a cascade of problems, including a case where a patient with a history of violence was allowed to roam free, doctors orders were not followed and nurses falsified documents to cover their mistakes. Go to section

A patient who died Oct. 6 at the Milwaukee County Mental Health Complex told staff there repeatedly over three days that he had become paralyzed from a fall, begging to be taken to another hospital.
But even though the patient, 25-year-old Brandon Johnson, remained lying on a mattress on the floor or propped up in a "geriatric chair," staff at the county complex doubted his story, according to a federal health inspection report obtained Friday by the Journal Sentinel. A geriatric chair is a special reclining chair commonly used in nursing homes.
"The lack of monitoring, assessing, evaluation and providing appropriate intervention led to the death of" Johnson, the report says.
The treatment Johnson got at the complex in Wauwatosa was found so deficient that the federal Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services declared the county complex a risk to patients and in danger of losing its federal funding.
"We have determined the deficiencies are so serious that it constitutes an immediate jeopardy to patient health and safety," a letter from the federal agency said.

The county submitted a plan of correction to address problems raised by federal inspectors, including failing to give Johnson a full physical assessment when he was admitted and shortcomings in monitoring him.
The federal agency accepted the county's corrective action plan Friday, according to Paula Lucey, administrator of the county's Behavioral Health Division. A follow-up inspection is expected in the next week, and if remedial steps are verified, the threatened loss of federal aid would be lifted, according to a letter from the federal agency.
County Executive Chris Abele said extensive work was being done to review the Johnson case and find out what went wrong. He said he will hold staff accountable if they're found culpable. But he also is focused on reforming the county's mental health system, he said.
"We take it extremely seriously," Abele said. "This is clearly unacceptable."
Johnson's death and the death of another patient at the complex in July, Paul Haugan, should serve as a wake-up call that more needs to be done to improve mental health services, said Barbara Beckert, manager of the Milwaukee office of Disability Rights Wisconsin. The agency is investigating Johnson's death.
"When you look at the specifics of this, it's extremely troubling," Beckert said.

She had not seen the federal inspectors' report, but said her agency had reviewed Johnson's medical records from his stay at the Mental Health Complex.
According to the inspectors' report:
Johnson was brought by Milwaukee police to the Mental Health Complex about 8 a.m. Oct. 3 after his family reported irrational behavior, such as standing outside in his sleepwear, "looking confused, drooling, unresponsive and crawling down the stairs on hands and knees." He was described as appearing physically healthy when he was admitted.
At 5:15 p.m., a nurse's aide heard a call for help and went to Johnson's room with a nurse. They found Johnson on the floor, complaining he couldn't move his legs. Johnson repeatedly asked for help.
A psychiatrist at the complex wrote in his patient notes that "it is highly unlikely (Johnson) had a traumatic fall or injury," noting there were no outward signs of injury and that he had a history of similar behavior at home where he would remain lying on the floor, according to the inspection report.described as a third-year resident.
Staff notes on Johnson during his three-day stay repeatedly suggest they thought he was faking the paralysis, stating that he continued to "claim he was paralyzed."
By his second day at the complex, the staff noted that Johnson had become incontinent and continued to complain of paralysis.
He was helped into a geriatric chair at 6 a.m. the day he died. He was found dead at 9:20 a.m.
Johnson died from complications of a broken neck - a pulmonary embolism, according to a news release by Sheriff David A. Clarke Jr. The medical examiner's report has not been publicly released.
A series of remedial steps were taken at the county complex after Johnson's death, including training on patient care, assessment techniques and training for patients considered at risk for falls. Staff members also have been encouraged to report concerns about patient care to hospital administrators.
More than 575 employees and medical staff members have been educated on more rigorous care policies, according to Lucey.
An order was issued Oct. 12 stating no medical concerns raised by patients should be attributed to a psychiatric disorder unless medical issues are ruled out..
Beckert, the patient advocate, said the Johnson and Haugan deaths were unfortunate reminders that despite a heavy focus on reforms at the complex during the past two years, more work needs to be done. A 2010 inspection report found patient sexual assaults and other care shortcomings.
A Journal Sentinel series, "Patients in Peril" found a patient at the complex who became pregnant, her apparent attacker a sexually aggressive male patient who was housed near vulnerable women.
Beckert said the latest cases raise questions about whether the county should remain in the business of providing direct patient care.
Jonathan Safran, an attorney representing Johnson's family, called details contained in the inspectors' report "devastating."
"It certainly exhibits an absolute disregard of the health care of someone who is obviously exhibiting medical distress," Safran said.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Diesel,

No problem with disagreements among the members....discussions, debates, etc....it's all good....that said if you or anyone else attacks Crispin like what happened awhile back the slapdown will be much worse than the last time...

Regards + HH

Bill

Slapdown? Really? I think you got me all wrong there Bill.......

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Diesel,

Regards + HH

Bill
Bill, are you trying to incite a fight? A little one sided don't you think? I don't remember you issuing a " slap down "...funny you didn't mind Dano 's rhetoric....if you really want a line in the sand, well I don't think you thought that out very well........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread