Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Sheriff Says Teachers Should be Armed, 2nd Amendment Shall Not Be Infringed

Aaron Dykes
Infowars.com
January 14, 2013

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel is telling politicians and ordinary folks alike to step back from the gun control debate in order to hear from the law enforcement community.

But the mayor of the murder capitol of the world is clearly ignoring the voice of courageous law enforcement individuals who’ve been standing up for the Bill of Rights and Constitution, even in the wake of tragedy, to say they will NOT infringe on the right to bear arms.

Sheriff Denny Peyman of Jackson County, Kentucky, held a town hall meeting to explain to his constituents that the best way to live up to his responsibility to protect the residents of that county is to uphold their right to own guns.

“You’ll understand me very well when you leave here today, and why we’re all still going to have our guns here in Jackson.” Peyman said in his opening address to his people.

“I am responsible for the people inside this county… I couldn’t justify, if Obama passes this, it doesn’t matter what he passes, the sheriff has more power than the federal people.” Peyman urged.

“They need to go back and study that. We are a commonwealth. I can ask federal people to leave, they have to leave. I can ask state people to leave, they have to leave.”

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
SOME teachers and staff are ALREADY trained & armed in Virginia; even Liberty University teachers, staff, & STUDENTS are "PACKING"; send yer kids to schools in Virginia... we WELCOME the $$$$$$$$$$$$$$!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Armed teachers is the only way we can combat these mass murders. I think a lot of sheriffs are going to ignore Obama's orders.

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Our Sheriff is instituting an appointment schedule for concealed carry applicants . He said so many are standing in line for so long with the current walk in policy that he wants to schedule them so they won't be inconvenienced by having to stand in line because of the crowd . I always have liked that guy .

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
13 years of public education, 30+ teachers and I can only think of one or two whom I'd trust with a firearm around my little one

Even if they were all capable and willing, they don't get paid enough to deal with the annoyance of a gun around children

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Pyrate, if those teachers you speak of can't be trusted around a gun then maybe we shouldn't trust them with our kids? just a thought. 30+ teachers with guns = 30+ chances to stop a gunman.......

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Dieselram94, don't confuse him with reason and logic. I have seen what the teachers make, and for most, it's more than they're worth. Young teachers come into their jobs with a political view without real world experiences and foist those views upon the children as being gospel (Webster says: "something accepted or promoted as infallible truth") when in fact it is usually in opposition to sound reasoning.

Wisdom comes with age, not with a teaching certificate. I know, I started out idealistic and very "liberal". Life turned me away from those beliefs.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Dieselram94, don't confuse him with reason and logic. I have seen what the teachers make, and for most, it's more than they're worth. Young teachers come into their jobs with a political view without real world experiences and foist those views upon the children as being gospel (Webster says: "something accepted or promoted as infallible truth") when in fact it is usually in opposition to sound reasoning.

Wisdom comes with age, not with a teaching certificate. I know, I started out idealistic and very "liberal". Life turned me away from those beliefs.

I couldn't agree more. If people really took the time to think liberalism would not even be a factor in elections.

PYRATE

Jun 24, 2012
Cackalacky
Detector(s) used
arrr, just need me nose
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Pyrate, if those teachers you speak of can't be trusted around a gun then maybe we shouldn't trust them with our kids? just a thought. 30+ teachers with guns = 30+ chances to stop a gunman.......

I was actually speaking about the teachers I had, but you have a good point as my parents trusted some of them far more than they should have.... Some were drunks, some were extremely incompetent and one of my least favorite was arrested in a public park back in the 90s while he was servicing the public in the men's room. (& yes, you know what I mean.)

Anyhow, the people who are best capable of defending a school or any other building aren't always very capable of teaching our children and vise/versa.

Note that I'm not opposed to the idea of armed teachers, I just happen to recognize that except in a few rare cases & locales, it simply isn't going to happen for a large number of logical reasons and an even larger number of illogical reasons.

Food for thought: 18 SC Teachers Accused of Sex With Students - Northeast Columbia, SC Patch

More: Ex-Texas teacher guilty of having sex with 5 of her students

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread