jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Didn't watch "vid"; are they in uniforms? I read where Mass. State Police were WHOO! NOT sure if it was on "company time"...

I had to refresh by looking again, there were allot of uniforms & at least one Vehicle in view,
along with allot of people not in uniforms.
but no idea if those were the original 5 said to be off duty.
The video gives me motion sickness so I didn't go all the way through this time.

Not being a cop I can only go by what I believe "off duty" means though

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is a CBS NEWS report; the cops were ON-DUTY "working details" at nearby bars; MAYBE, NOT for the PD... BUT!
Gotta define "working details" by PD terms... AND! Whatever the politicies & procedures of the PD are... DON'T know what "Intel" they had on that guy; coulda been "armed & dangerous".
Coulda? Guy had a warrant for misdeneanor traffic violations in GEORGIA, and? The mother who can't control her grown son, deserves death by firing squad (I know she's not dead, just sayin)? Good thing he didn't have a baby in the back seat.

The public will never know the real details because the police aren't required to report police related shootings to any Fed. agency. There is no federal database for statistics on police involved shootings. I wonder why? I'm all for the 2nd amendment but i'm not for gung ho cops that shoot without seeing a gun pointing at themselves first. The threat of ANY harm coming to an innocent bystander, by use of his vehicle as a deadly weapon, was over with before the shooting incident occurred. Therefore unnecessary.

I'd like to know how someone can be off duty & working Detail ?--- I took that as meaning they were moonlighting as security at a local nightclub, not unusual for cops.

One witness said he saw police officers shoot the driver through the window of the car after it crashed and claims that police never told the driver to put his hands up or step out of the car.
“I had just left the bar on the South Side and I heard a car crash and I turn around and as I was turning, I heard two gun shots,” the witness said. “And I looked and a police officer had ran and jumped right on top of a car and fired into the window of the vehicle that had just crashed four times, it was pop, pop, pop, pop and after that it was dead silence.”

This says a whole lot.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
The news report said the guy was using his car as a WEAPON...

Sounds like it is STILL "under investigation"... AND! I am almost certain Internal Affairs will review cops behavior & discharge of weapons; we will see.

Last edited:

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Yea I'd like to know how someone can be off duty & working Detail ?

off duty should mean not being paid.

so any detail would be free or on someone else's dime,

& to me off duty means Off duty

& I still see stopped when five off-duty officers working detail
in the CBS report above

Off duty means not being paid with your tax dollars. Officers supplement income by working 'Off Duty' details where they are paid by private companies as security.

Police officers are never actually off duty, they are only off payroll for most of the day. They have an obligation to serve 24/7 if they witness a crime in progress. It's usually written in the organizations rules and regulations.

I've always found it fascinating how people can draw such dramatic conclusions based on a little bit of footage.

If you believe every snippet and sound bite the news organizations spew out on a daily basis- well, how sad.

Jeff, it's clear that you have had bad encounters with the police by your posts... but that doesn't make everyone bad.

I've had bad encounters with moderators ~ so then...

Here's what I suggest. See if your local law enforcement has a ride along program, most of them do. Sign up. Go with an open mind.

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it's clear that you have had bad encounters with the police by your posts... but that doesn't make everyone bad.

lol why do you take that from what my opinion is ?

i just draw opinions from what i read and hear.

along with the opinion, would a citizen who acted that way be given the same respect ?

OH & no I wouldn't ride along.

I wouldn't want anyone thinking I was on my way to the Hoose-Gow
or supporting law enforcement in a so called free society :laughing9:

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The news report said the guy was using his car as a WEAPON...

Sounds like it is STILL "under investigation"... AND! I am almost certain Internal Affairs will review cops behavior & discharge of weapons; we will see.

The 5 cops discharged their weapons in crowded city streets full of pedestrians, all the while, besides putting multiple gunshot wounds in the driver and his mother, also manage to graze a pedestrian and leave several bullet holes in the occupied jitney cab that the suspect crashed into. I wonder if they did a breathalyzer or urinalysis on the cops, that should be SOP.

I'm sure the dude was/is a lowlife but... All i'm saying is, it looks like gang/thug mentality from the cops when 5 of them start firing Wild West style at a vehicle whose occupants haven't caused bodily injury to anyone, don't have any weapons or drugs and whose only offense is/was a misd.traffic warrant out of Georgia, of which i'm sure they found out about after or at least sometime during the chase, because it wouldn't come up on a prelim. search for statewide warrants.

One more strike against them-

KDKA Investigator Marty Griffin has learned that one of the police officers who responded to the police chase and shooting ended up firing on a car driven by an innocent jitney driver who was not involved in the chase. The car that police were chasing, actually crashed into the jitney driver and he was caught in the crossfire.
Two bullets hit the wrong car while the jitney driver says he was cowering on the floor of the vehicle.

Last edited:

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Wasn't there damages done by the "lowlife" using his car as a WEAPON..? It is what the news report said... certain PPD/IA will review case.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread