dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
The deffinition of insanity is thinking people are going to comply with illegal, unconstitutional laws. Namely gun control.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

I think Rebel nailed it when he mentioned somewhere or other it's a matter of degress....case in point my wife thinks I'm somewhat crazy for playing in the mud for a few dirty coins and trinkets......so using that logic pretty much anyone who metal detects deviates somewhat from the norm.....whatever in the heck the norm is these days....lol....

In other words we can still fully function and be responsible and caring people in our lives.....I think being a bit different from the herd adds a bit of spice to life.....

That said other people go to another dimension so to speak and seem to get trapped their and loose touch with reality....
Luckily I just visit that dimension for short stays at a time.....and then go back to my quiet, placid self....now I think that
was fairly lucid of me....now I think I'll head off to that other dimension for awhile and get crazy all over again.

Regards + HH

Bill

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cris....I interpreted what you posted as the pro-gun types keep posting the same information over and over expecting a different response from the anti-gun folks. I apologize if I was mistaken.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've heard it said, "Insanity is a sane reaction to an insane world".
Oh yeah, I think it was me, I heard say that. :BangHead:
With 9 cats in my head, they just keep repeating, what the others mew mew! :laughing7:

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Packer: No apology necessary. Posts from both sides of the argument made me think of this thread. If you noticed, I very quickly hit the like button behind Dieselram's in hopes to negate some of the politics from the thread. So far, I think we have had some bang up definitions of insanity. What is yours?

Here is another one: "When you are in an asylum and you can't tell who are the patients are who are the doctors."

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Packer: No apology necessary. Posts from both sides of the argument made me think of this thread. If you noticed, I very quickly hit the like button behind Dieselram's in hopes to negate some of the politics from the thread. So far, I think we have had some bang up definitions of insanity. What is yours?

Here is another one: "When you are in an asylum and you can't tell who are the patients are who are the doctors."

LOL! Well, I DID work at Western State Hospital for my Advanced Practicum (BS in Psychology), and you COULD tell patients from staff. We even had a Psych Prison Unit at Marion Correctional Institution in Virginia, for the CRIMINALLY "Insane". Staunton Correctional Institution was once the OLD WSH; VERY haunted by former inmates of OLD WSH; closed down, now.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
hvacker,

Yep....that snap crackle and pop will play with your head for sure....lol.....if you figure out what I'm doing on this thread feel free to chime in......

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill,

Feel free to chime in or feel free to explain it to you? I'm never quite sure if you know what you are doing.

Rebel: will send you a reply to your post on Brain Death.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

My job is kind of like the mad hatter......I'm a bit like Spart that way.....sometimes lucid, sometimes a bit crazy......but never ho hum......you'll have me figured out eventually.....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill,

Feel free to chime in or feel free to explain it to you? I'm never quite sure if you know what you are doing.

Rebel: will send you a reply to your post on Brain Death.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had a smart old Professor compare the human psyche to the face of a clock, where 12 o'clock was insane, 6 o'clock was normal, and the geniuses of the world came in at 11:30, very close to the 12 o'clockers.

OP
OP
Crispin

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I had a smart old Professor compare the human psyche to the face of a clock, where 12 o'clock was insane, 6 o'clock was normal, and the geniuses of the world came in at 11:30, very close to the 12 o'clockers.

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. Bill is a genius....I am insane.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
GM,

Petty good summation.....One of my neighbors was teaching at the local university nuclear physics if I remember correctly.....I happened to be on the bus heading downtown a few years back....

And we struck up a conversation.....I asked him if he still taught.....he said not really most of his time was spent coaching post doctoral students and writing papers, etc.....he pulled out a notepad and started flipping through the pages with formulas going on for pages and pages....

In summary yeah there is a fine line between the two.....not really sure where it is...

Regards + HH

Bill

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

There you go again.....where's that little thinking emoticon guy when I need him.....lol...

You see it goes like this.....there's linear thinking, rational thinking and spacial thinking....so far so good.....I hope you're following me so far.

Then you have the few odd souls like me that jump around between those various thinking modes and confuse the h*ll out of everyone including themselves.....me thinks I'm in the last camp....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

There is a fine line between genius and insanity. Bill is a genius....I am insane.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

Oops.....I forgot the other guys....lol.....the concrete and abstract crowd.....don't want to let them feel left out.....have to make sure everyone has an even shot at participating....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
Folks,

I think Rebel nailed it when he mentioned somewhere or other it's a matter of degress....case in point my wife thinks I'm somewhat crazy for playing in the mud for a few dirty coins and trinkets......so using that logic pretty much anyone who metal detects deviates somewhat from the norm.....whatever in the heck the norm is these days....lol....

In other words we can still fully function and be responsible and caring people in our lives.....I think being a bit different from the herd adds a bit of spice to life.....

That said other people go to another dimension so to speak and seem to get trapped their and loose touch with reality....
Luckily I just visit that dimension for short stays at a time.....and then go back to my quiet, placid self....now I think that
was fairly lucid of me....now I think I'll head off to that other dimension for awhile and get crazy all over again.

Regards + HH

Bill

"Situation-specific"...? YEP! LOTS of it depends on STRESSORS in life; try to keep yer STRESS, down. OOooommmm...

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread