bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Being someone who grew and during the 1950/60/70's......those years obviously had a pretty big impact on my tastes in music, morals/ethics and what not.....in some ways it was a simpler time but lots of changes along the way.....it gets somewhat confusing at times to keep our bearings when navigating sometimes in uncharted territory....

It seems if anything the changes keep coming at us faster and faster and not always easy to adjust and adapt what we're all getting hit with.....just saying.

The economy seems to jump from one crises to another, the job market is unstable and
for the most part 30 years or more in the same company or profession is pretty much a thing of the past.....throw the advancing technologies in computers, etc......it's a confusing world out there.....mull the topic over and post up your views or opinions as to how you all handle this brave new world we're all struggling with.

In my case I tend to gravitate to music to help me sort it out....probably one of the better artists I enjoy following and the biggest chameleon of the lot in my opinion....David Bowie....he just keeps reinventing himself over and over again....lol

Regards + HH

Bill

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill,

Was that a reference to Adolphus Huxley's "Brave New World?" If so...that would make one heck of an interesting discussion.

Crispin

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

That would be the dude......before I retired I went through so many reorgs, downsizings and rightsizings.....etc.....I thought I was a pretzel.....lol.....a bit like the Darwin thing adapt or perish....sad but true......

Regards + HH

Bill

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
Dang it Bill,

I just wrote a long post. Lets postpone the Brave New World discussion for another day...or get somebody else to start moving it along. ;)

Crispin

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
HA! DISCO ruined it ALL, for me; quit writing music, playing in the bands. began to get into a career; NO more idealism, etc.
To think Rolling Stones went Disco... Paul "Mac" went Disco; THAT is when the "music died"; Bye, Bye, Miz American Pie...

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rebel,

Don't throw in the towel.....lots of good stuff out there both then and now......here's one for you....

Regards + HH

Bill

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread