jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For those who are wondering why a certain Post disapeared over the last few days. The PERSON who Started this Post, received so many PM's & Emails, that he contacted me to have me remove the string............................. For yous who were enjoying this string, I apologize, but feel the better thing to do was honer his request, rather then send everyone here a personal request to stop trying to contact him.................. Your opinion on my reasons are welcome here. Thanks.

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
No problems here Jeff, that was a good string, and I didn't think people were going to walk away from it without more answers. I knew pretty early on "ole man" wasn't going to crack, so what could you have done?? they'll be more thats for sure!
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?kenb

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was enjoying the debate also.................................... HOPEFULLY, this will be a Wake-Up call for others.........? THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU POST SOMETHING, you may regret later.. especially if you can't take the heat? :D

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, Ole Man did crack as i noticed he pulled his membership here. Kitchen got too hot i guess.

I Also noticed that we are not able to delete our own posts anymore, Jeff. Why is this?

OP
OP
jeff of pa

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know T_M. You were never able to delete the Top Post, If someone responded to it, as then, the response would not make sense, however you should be able to delete any of your other posts .

AlabamaClay

Dec 27, 2004
If you are going to post with something like ole_man did - "I've found something. Would you like to know what it is or wouldn't you." And give a description of box size, depth, and location (especially that location). AND then not tell what you found... You deserve to get hammered. It kind of soured me on this forum. I'm glad the post was deleted.

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
Paul is Dead said:
Me too. But this was a good thread. It will be missed greatly. But Jeff, I do understand your point of view, and respect that. Too bad though... :'(

Bad, Bad Paul is Dead

Bringing back a 2 year old thread to create mischief.
Why didn't I think of it?

George

Ocean7

Bronze Member
Apr 15, 2004
SE, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think it's a good policy Jeff. You've deleted posts for me at my request - the last one being my one and only rant on here. People get angry, blow off steam, and then think to themselves - hey maybe that's not what I wanted to say. My reason was not pm's but how it reflects on this hobby etc.

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I hate I missed it. That'll teach me not to pay more attention to things other than my own interests. This is the first night that I have read posts in "Everything Else" Got here by accident and really like it though.

Jim

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread