Pellet stoves
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Member
Discoveries
 
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    us
    Moving forward! "WP"

    Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
    9,162
    6663 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting

    Pellet stoves

    Does anyone else here heat with one? What are your savings compared to other heat fuels? I am on my second winter heating about 2500 square feet and last year as my only source of heat I burned three tons. This year I am on track to burn four tons I figure I am saving about $1200 to $1500 per year.
    Restore Freedom and get us out of the UNITED NATIONS NOW!!!!!!
    NOT a member of the recipient class...
    plp1.org

  2. #2
    Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

    Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    12,824
    7961 times
    The Truth
    I believe my brother uses one,i'll ask him next time i talk to him.

  3. #3
    us
    onfire

    Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    2,678
    1334 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselram94 View Post
    Does anyone else here heat with one? What are your savings compared to other heat fuels? I am on my second winter heating about 2500 square feet and last year as my only source of heat I burned three tons. This year I am on track to burn four tons I figure I am saving about $1200 to $1500 per year.
    What's the cost of a ton?

  4. #4
    us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    3,351
    689 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Totally depends what your alternatives are - wood, oil, propane, nat gas. The biggest heating "savings" you can get is efficiency - - good insulation, caulking etc. nat gas will probably a very inexpensive heating source for as long as we can drill shale. But always start with efficiency first. Just my 0.02 cents.

  5. #5
    us
    The Beard "WP"

    Feb 2012
    North West Iowa
    Bounty Hunter
    805
    264 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    I use propane and I spend maybe 400 dollars over the winter in propane. This winter has been alot nicer and I have used only 20% of what was in my tank. I have been wanting to buy one of thouse outdoor wood burning furnaces but I dont have the 5000 for the cheapest model.
    "The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution."
    -Thomas Jefferson

  6. #6
    us
    May 2010
    North Idaho
    CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
    298
    93 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    All depends on how much one's fuel bills average with their other heat source. We have a QuadraFire Santa Fe in our master bedroom and love it but it can't heat the full house. We use two tons per year so about $80/month (Nov-Mar roughly).
    My parents would be a better example. They have a 1903 home very hard and expensive to heat. They have two of the same stoves and use it as their sole source of heat. Keeps pretty much the entire house comfortable and they go through about 3-4 tons in the same time period. I know this because, unfortunately, I have to keep them supplied through the winter. lol. Luckily I have plenty of children around to help with that when need be. So I'm going to guess they are heating that entire drafty old house for roughly $100/mo. Not bad at all and they are really a nice, pleasant, clean heat source.

    Side-note. If you have a choice between QuadraFire and any other mfr, go with QuadraFire.

  7. #7
    us
    Moving forward! "WP"

    Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
    9,162
    6663 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    Cost per ton in my area is about $197.00 per ton. I usually pay about $20.00 per ton lower than marked price. I have two stoves one being a Englander 25-ep and the other being a pellet furnace made by U.S. stove company. This one is a multi-fuel unit and is really to big for my house. I can easily keep any temp I want. My house is all new but we are still finishing it, has over 18 inches insulation in attic and 2x6 walls of course on a slab. Slab has heating tubes in it but not hooked up to anything. I hope to put a heating coil in the furnace some day to heat water for the floor and hopefully further cut my pellet consumption.
    Restore Freedom and get us out of the UNITED NATIONS NOW!!!!!!
    NOT a member of the recipient class...
    plp1.org

  8. #8
    Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

    Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    12,824
    7961 times
    The Truth
    stockpicker i hope that you didnt chalk every seam on the outside of your house,tell me you didnt.A wood house has to breath,chalking every seam retains moisture.The house cant breath and basically drowns.

  9. #9
    us
    May 2010
    North Idaho
    CTX 3030, XP Deus, ETrac w/ sunray X1, SDC 2300, XTerra 705, ProPointer
    298
    93 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    $169/ton Lignetics here.

  10. #10
    us
    onfire

    Nov 2004
    Wisconsin
    250 2500
    2,678
    1334 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselram94 View Post
    Cost per ton in my area is about $197.00 per ton. I usually pay about $20.00 per ton lower than marked price. I have two stoves one being a Englander 25-ep and the other being a pellet furnace made by U.S. stove company. This one is a multi-fuel unit and is really to big for my house. I can easily keep any temp I want. My house is all new but we are still finishing it, has over 18 inches insulation in attic and 2x6 walls of course on a slab. Slab has heating tubes in it but not hooked up to anything. I hope to put a heating coil in the furnace some day to heat water for the floor and hopefully further cut my pellet consumption.
    You can try hooking those heating tubes up to a hot water heater 45 gal one works great can heat 1300 ft garage just fine even at minus degrees. Make sure you RV anti freeze.

  11. #11
    us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    3,351
    689 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Red James cash
    stockpicker i hope that you didnt chalk every seam on the outside of your house,tell me you didnt.A wood house has to breath,chalking every seam retains moisture.The house cant breath and basically drowns.
    Great heads up. You are correct.

  12. #12
    Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

    Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    12,824
    7961 times
    The Truth
    Great heads up. You are correct.
    I know i paint houses for a living.I cant tell you how many home owners that took it upon themselves to do this.The most foolish thing you can do to unintentionally destroy your own house.

  13. #13
    us
    Moving forward! "WP"

    Jun 2011
    Mid Coast Maine
    Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
    9,162
    6663 times
    Beach and Shallow Water Hunting
    I think one of the worst things you could do is to install plastic over insulation and then install drywall....not good!
    Restore Freedom and get us out of the UNITED NATIONS NOW!!!!!!
    NOT a member of the recipient class...
    plp1.org

 

 

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. 2 Brass Camping Stoves
    By mojjax in forum Garage Sale Finds!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jun 16, 2011, 03:40 PM
  2. Coleman camp stoves
    By rmptr in forum Everything Else
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: Dec 12, 2008, 11:34 PM

Search tags for this page

best pellet stoves 2013

,

f2 code england pellet stove

,

heating costs for winter months 2500 square feet

,

how to use a ben franklin wood burning stove

,

show me ben franklin wood burning stoves

Click on a term to search for related topics.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.3.0