Big Sis Snitch Program To Help Enforce Gun Control

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Big Sis Snitch Program To Help Enforce Gun Control

‘See Something, Say Something’ campaign to “expand” for Executive Orders on firearms

Steve Watson
Infowars.com
Jan 18, 2013

Government Security News reports that three federal agencies, including the Department of Homeland Security were intimately involved in outlining the sweeping gun control proposals outlined by the president this week.

“The Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said her department had worked with the Justice Department and the FBI to identify measures that could be taken to reduce gun violence as part of the president’s new set of gun control policy proposals and executive actions.” the report states.

‘Big Sis’ was in attendance at the White House Wednesday for the public address on gun control, and said she is “proud to support” the Obama administration’s efforts to “combat gun violence in our country.” The DHS head also issued the following statement after the event:

“In the aftermath of the tragic Newtown shooting, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), together with the Department of Justice (DOJ), and the FBI have worked to identify measures that could be taken to reduce the risk of mass casualty shootings.”

“In the coming days, DHS will expand and formalize coordination of ongoing efforts intended to prevent future mass casualty shootings, improve preparedness, and to strengthen security and resilience in schools and other potential targets,” the statement continued, adding that the DHS intends to “address five critical areas intended to reduce the risk of mass casualty shootings in the United States: Prevention, Protection, Response, Education, and Research/Evaluation.”

Perhaps the most alarming aspect of the statement concerned the program that many have labeled a “citizen snitch” operation, the “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign.

Napolitano noted that the DHS intends to “expand and prioritize” the campaign to raise awareness of the controversial executive actions on firearms that many believe are unconstitutional.

The program actively encourages citizens to report “suspicious activity” to the authorities, including via television screens at Wal-Mart stores which play a message from Napolitano herself.

As we have continually noted, the list of actions or beliefs which may see a person labeled a potential terrorist continues to grow daily under the ‘See Something, Say Something’ program.

The DHS’ own internal documents have revealed that the agency actively monitors opposition to the program, as well as tracking news articles and user comments on it, while categorizing dissenting opinion as potential “Right Wing Terrorism”.

One of the main aspects of Obama’s gun control proposals was a call for universal background checks on all gun sales, whether in stores, at auctions or gun shows.

The White House also announced that it plans to “enhance incentives” for states to hand over information garnered from background checks on gun sales. The Department of Justice will invest $20 million in 2013 on programs to do so, and a further $50 million in 2014.

Federal agencies, such as DHS, will be mandated to share data records with the background check system, and ensure said records are kept up-to-date.

In addition, “relevant agencies”, presumably DHS and FBI, will be required to make recommendations to ensure “dangerous people” are barred from having guns.

Given that under ‘See Something, Say Something’ the DHS has a history of labeling law abiding Americans as the most likely terrorists, one wonders what the agency will constitute as “dangerous”.

The DHS has previously categorized as potentially dangerous Ron Paul supporters, gun owners, gold bullion enthusiasts, and a myriad of other comparatively banal political interests that are largely the domain of white middle class Americans.

In reality, this is because middle class Americans are the biggest roadblock when it comes to Big Sis expanding her control over every facet of American society.

The irony in the fact that the DHS is intimately involved in encouraging Americans to disarm, while itself continuing to ‘lock and load’ by purchasing huge amounts of ammunition, as well as the agency’s role in the Fast and Furious gun running scandal, will not be lost on regular readers.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have absolutely nothing against a citizen reporting suspicious activity. That's how we stop crime and terrorism. Would this author rather that people just ignore and stick their heads in the sand. If I see a strange car in the neighbors driveway when they are on vacation I call the cops to investigate. When I see someone hassling an older person I go over and see if I can be of assistance. I want our citizens not to be mindless zombies with blinders on their eyes. If more people would have "reported suspicious activity" 9/11 could have been prevented. I'm an active citizen of the United States of American and damn proud to be. Be a participant, not a spectator! This is prob one of the worse articles I've read and just tells you how out of touch some of these people are.

OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have absolutely nothing against a citizen reporting suspicious activity. That's how we stop crime and terrorism. Would this author rather that people just ignore and stick their heads in the sand. If I see a strange car in the neighbors driveway when they are on vacation I call the cops to investigate. When I see someone hassling an older person I go over and see if I can be of assistance. I want our citizens not to be mindless zombies with blinders on their eyes. If more people would have "reported suspicious activity" 9/11 could have been prevented. I'm an active citizen of the United States of American and damn proud to be. Be a participant, not a spectator! This is prob one of the worse articles I've read and just tells you how out of touch some of these people are.

I'm not insulting you stockpicker but what you do and what DHS is asking people to do is two completely different things.Do you realize that if you wear levis jeans you are under suspicion of being a domestic terrorist in the eyes of the DHS.Do you realize if you walk down the street with your hands in your pockets that you are under suspicion of being a domestic terrorist in the eyes of the DHS.Are you bald,a vet,an expolice officer,then youre under suspicion of being a domestic terrorist in the eyes of the DHS.Do you like guns,belong to a gun club or your neighborhood rod and gun club,then you are under suspicion for being a domestic terrorist in the eyes of the DHS.I could go on and on and on and on.

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
guess i am a bad boy i scared off two jihad witness's they saw my 1911 45 acp and took off running and burnt rubber as they left

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another Hitler did the same thing, had friends and familiy members spying on each other.

So if they attack the 1st amendment of free speech you feel it is your civic duty to report your neighbors for expressing their views to a group of friends? Don't laugh, democrats have already made speeches calling for limits to free speech...

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
But guys if someone had seen that ct nut job walking to the school with a gun wouldn't you want them to call the cops? Or if someone had heard the movie theater nutter talking about going postal? I just think this is a bad fight to fight. I guess I wouldn't mind if a few law abiding folks - including myself - gets inconvenienced if it means stopping serious crime?? We all give up a little bit of individual freedom to live in a society.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Those that give up FREEDOM for SECURITY deserve NEITHER. I guess people live with rose colored glasses on still. GodBless Chris

nsdq

Silver Member
Oct 16, 2011
Tarpon springs FL
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Btw they were yelling sandy hook as they ran

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are not talking about inconvience, we are talking about a direct violation of a freedom guaranteed in our Bill of Rights, not just any amendment, the amendment that guarantees the others will always be there.

I have young grandkids, nieces and nephews, am I concerned about their safety, of course I am, but I am am also very concerned about their freedoms I had as a child and adult, freedoms guaranted to them and being stolen away by a tyrannical 2 bit dictator.

2nd amendment was put there for exactly what is happening right now, a so called leader trying to rule by tyranny and ignoring his oath of office.

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
We are not talking about inconvience, we are talking about a direct violation of a freedom guaranteed in our Bill of Rights, not just any amendment, the amendment that guarantees the others will always be there.

I have young grandkids, nieces and nephews, am I concerned about their safety, of course I am, but I am am also very concerned about their freedoms I had as a child and adult, freedoms guaranted to them and be stolen away by a tyrannical 2 bit dictator.

2 bit is giving more than he is worth.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
đŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Heck the only thing that stops a Bad Guy with a gun...is a Good Guy with a gun....them bobbys in England bring a nite stick to a gun fight. Then you see the Palistians throwing rocks Cuz they were disarmed a long time ago!!
Gary

Last edited:
OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
including myself - gets inconvenienced

Do you know what that inconvenience amounts to?Under the NDAA bill your inconvenience amounts to indefinite detention.There is no longer a 4th amendment,there is no writ of habeous corpus.The military can hold you as long as they want to without trial if you are classified under suspicion as a domestic terrorist for any of the reasons that i posted above.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
hitler germany,east berlin,saddam hussain,stalin,on and on and on,wake the *+^%#$$ up.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
đŸ„‡ Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
my personal belief,

See-no-evil-hear-no-evil-speak-no-evil.jpg

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
đŸ„‡ Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jehovah witness's

lol I like messing with them.
I went verbally postal on a couple elderly lady witness's once.
They woke me up, banging on my door.
had me thinking there was an emergency.
(it is very hard to get me to snap, they did)

they avoided my house for years after that.

I think I actually converted a newbie one to atheist few years later
when some tried my house again.
at the very least She needed to be reprogamed

Now they quietly stick fliers in my door & run I think.
when I open My door the fliers fall & the wind takes them away

Last edited:

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Years ago I came home from work to see the fliers in the door, walked up on the porch and there were my 2 good fishing poles broke in the middle. Good rods, hard to break.....snapped in two....jehova's witness tracts in the door.

I formed a plan immediately to call them, tell them I was sorry I missed them, and want to make a contribution....when they come back we will get to the bottom of the $150 worth of busted tackle.

The flier had no address, no phone, just a bunch of zealous jibberish.

I guess fishing is against their beliefs.....?:dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread