Big Sis Snitch Program To Help Enforce Gun Control
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Big Sis Snitch Program To Help Enforce Gun Control

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
    7961 times
    The Truth

‘See Something, Say Something’ campaign to “expand” for Executive Orders on firearms

Steve Watson
    Infowars.com
    Jan 18, 2013

Government Security News reports that three federal agencies, including the Department of Homeland Security were intimately involved in outlining the sweeping gun control proposals outlined by the president this week.

“The Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano said her department had worked with the Justice Department and the FBI to identify measures that could be taken to reduce gun violence as part of the president’s new set of gun control policy proposals and executive actions.” the report states.

‘Big Sis’ was in attendance at the White House Wednesday for the public address on gun control, and said she is “proud to support” the Obama administration’s efforts to “combat gun violence in our country.” The DHS head also issued the following statement after the event:

“In the aftermath of the tragic Newtown shooting, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), together with the Department of Justice (DOJ), and the FBI have worked to identify measures that could be taken to reduce the risk of mass casualty shootings.”

“In the coming days, DHS will expand and formalize coordination of ongoing efforts intended to prevent future mass casualty shootings, improve preparedness, and to strengthen security and resilience in schools and other potential targets,” the statement continued, adding that the DHS intends to “address five critical areas intended to reduce the risk of mass casualty shootings in the United States: Prevention, Protection, Response, Education, and Research/Evaluation.”

Perhaps the most alarming aspect of the statement concerned the program that many have labeled a “citizen snitch” operation, the “If You See Something, Say Something” campaign.

Napolitano noted that the DHS intends to “expand and prioritize” the campaign to raise awareness of the controversial executive actions on firearms that many believe are unconstitutional.

The program actively encourages citizens to report “suspicious activity” to the authorities, including via television screens at Wal-Mart stores which play a message from Napolitano herself.

As we have continually noted, the list of actions or beliefs which may see a person labeled a potential terrorist continues to grow daily under the ‘See Something, Say Something’ program.

The DHS’ own internal documents have revealed that the agency actively monitors opposition to the program, as well as tracking news articles and user comments on it, while categorizing dissenting opinion as potential “Right Wing Terrorism”.

One of the main aspects of Obama’s gun control proposals was a call for universal background checks on all gun sales, whether in stores, at auctions or gun shows.

The White House also announced that it plans to “enhance incentives” for states to hand over information garnered from background checks on gun sales. The Department of Justice will invest $20 million in 2013 on programs to do so, and a further $50 million in 2014.

Federal agencies, such as DHS, will be mandated to share data records with the background check system, and ensure said records are kept up-to-date.

In addition, “relevant agencies”, presumably DHS and FBI, will be required to make recommendations to ensure “dangerous people” are barred from having guns.

Given that under ‘See Something, Say Something’ the DHS has a history of labeling law abiding Americans as the most likely terrorists, one wonders what the agency will constitute as “dangerous”.

The DHS has previously categorized as potentially dangerous Ron Paul supporters, gun owners, gold bullion enthusiasts, and a myriad of other comparatively banal political interests that are largely the domain of white middle class Americans.

In reality, this is because middle class Americans are the biggest roadblock when it comes to Big Sis expanding her control over every facet of American society.

The irony in the fact that the DHS is intimately involved in encouraging Americans to disarm, while itself continuing to ‘lock and load’ by purchasing huge amounts of ammunition, as well as the agency’s role in the Fast and Furious gun running scandal, will not be lost on regular readers.

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    689 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    I have absolutely nothing against a citizen reporting suspicious activity. That's how we stop crime and terrorism. Would this author rather that people just ignore and stick their heads in the sand. If I see a strange car in the neighbors driveway when they are on vacation I call the cops to investigate. When I see someone hassling an older person I go over and see if I can be of assistance. I want our citizens not to be mindless zombies with blinders on their eyes. If more people would have "reported suspicious activity" 9/11 could have been prevented. I'm an active citizen of the United States of American and damn proud to be. Be a participant, not a spectator! This is prob one of the worse articles I've read and just tells you how out of touch some of these people are.
    bill from lachine likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    7961 times
    The Truth
    I have absolutely nothing against a citizen reporting suspicious activity. That's how we stop crime and terrorism. Would this author rather that people just ignore and stick their heads in the sand. If I see a strange car in the neighbors driveway when they are on vacation I call the cops to investigate. When I see someone hassling an older person I go over and see if I can be of assistance. I want our citizens not to be mindless zombies with blinders on their eyes. If more people would have "reported suspicious activity" 9/11 could have been prevented. I'm an active citizen of the United States of American and damn proud to be. Be a participant, not a spectator! This is prob one of the worse articles I've read and just tells you how out of touch some of these people are.
    I'm not insulting you stockpicker but what you do and what DHS is asking people to do is two completely different things.Do you realize that if you wear levis jeans you are under suspicion of being a domestic terrorist in the eyes of the DHS.Do you realize if you walk down the street with your hands in your pockets that you are under suspicion of being a domestic terrorist in the eyes of the DHS.Are you bald,a vet,an expolice officer,then youre under suspicion of being a domestic terrorist in the eyes of the DHS.Do you like guns,belong to a gun club or your neighborhood rod and gun club,then you are under suspicion for being a domestic terrorist in the eyes of the DHS.I could go on and on and on and on.
    Infowarrior likes this.

us
    Oct 2011
    Keystone state
    AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
    1649 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    guess i am a bad boy i scared off two jihad witness's they saw my 1911 45 acp and took off running and burnt rubber as they left

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30009 times
    Another Hitler did the same thing, had friends and familiy members spying on each other.

So if they attack the 1st amendment of free speech you feel it is your civic duty to report your neighbors for expressing their views to a group of friends? Don't laugh, democrats have already made speeches calling for limits to free speech...
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

us
    Aug 2012
    MA
    689 times
    Metal Detecting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    But guys if someone had seen that ct nut job walking to the school with a gun wouldn't you want them to call the cops? Or if someone had heard the movie theater nutter talking about going postal? I just think this is a bad fight to fight. I guess I wouldn't mind if a few law abiding folks - including myself - gets inconvenienced if it means stopping serious crime?? We all give up a little bit of individual freedom to live in a society.
    bill from lachine likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    Whites M-6 W/ DD6x10 SunRay DX-1 (A real sleeper)
    20625 times
    The one everybody else missed.
    Those that give up FREEDOM for SECURITY deserve NEITHER. I guess people live with rose colored glasses on still. GodBless Chris
    EVER WONDER WHERE YOUR THOUGHTS COME FROM?

​The Key...http://antidoteforall.com/

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

us
    Oct 2011
    Keystone state
    AT-Pro,Ace 150, flea market digger
    1649 times
    Btw they were yelling sandy hook as they ran

Charter Member
    us
    Jul 2006
    Florida
    Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
    30009 times
    We are not talking about inconvience, we are talking about a direct violation of a freedom guaranteed in our Bill of Rights, not just any amendment, the amendment that guarantees the others will always be there.

I have young grandkids, nieces and nephews, am I concerned about their safety, of course I am, but I am am also very concerned about their freedoms I had as a child and adult, freedoms guaranted to them and being stolen away by a tyrannical 2 bit dictator.

2nd amendment was put there for exactly what is happening right now, a so called leader trying to rule by tyranny and ignoring his oath of office.
    Last edited by Treasure_Hunter; Jan 18, 2013 at 12:51 PM.
    PLEASE READ OUR RULES. CLICK HERE TO READ ------> TreasureNet.com Rules

2nd Amendment
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed"

Si vis pacem, para bellum "If you want peace, prepare for war!

USAF 1967-1971

I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic..."

No Expiration Date!

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    20625 times
    Quote Originally Posted by nsdq View Post
    Btw they were yelling sandy hook as they ran
    Now that you mention it,where was the assault rifle?? NBC Admitted: No 'Assault Rifle' Used in Newtown Shooting Independent Journal Review
    onfire likes this.

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Charter Member
    us
    Chris

May 2011
    Western Mass.
    20625 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Treasure_Hunter View Post
    We are not talking about inconvience, we are talking about a direct violation of a freedom guaranteed in our Bill of Rights, not just any amendment, the amendment that guarantees the others will always be there.

I have young grandkids, nieces and nephews, am I concerned about their safety, of course I am, but I am am also very concerned about their freedoms I had as a child and adult, freedoms guaranted to them and be stolen away by a tyrannical 2 bit dictator.
    2 bit is giving more than he is worth.

us
    Chronic Patriot/Metal Detecting,it`s My Lifestyle !

Jul 2010
    "Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territory of The Six Nations 1779.. now in Catlin N.Y.
    Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer Tesoro Tejon, Land or Sea Pointer, Garrett Pointer, King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA Lesche 28" Ground Shark Treasure Wise Diggers
    5440 times
    Relic Hunting
    Banner Finds (1)
    Heck the only thing that stops a Bad Guy with a gun...is a Good Guy with a gun....them bobbys in England bring a nite stick to a gun fight. Then you see the Palistians throwing rocks Cuz they were disarmed a long time ago!!
    Gary
    Last edited by G.A.P.metal; Jan 18, 2013 at 12:54 PM.
    I`v been detecting for 49 years owned my own detector shop G.A.P. Metal Detectors here in N.Y.
    See my old adds in Western & Eastern Treasures and Lost Treasure Magazines through the 90s
    I hunt the Sullivan Trail here in N.Y.
    "Success is just Rented, Never Owned and the Rent is due Daily"
    "Its the Golden Rule who ever has the Gold Rules"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqdSl2jFjlE

Charter Member
    us
    WolfPack member

Aug 2009
    New Hampshire
    7961 times
    The Truth
    including myself - gets inconvenienced
    Do you know what that inconvenience amounts to?Under the NDAA bill your inconvenience amounts to indefinite detention.There is no longer a 4th amendment,there is no writ of habeous corpus.The military can hold you as long as they want to without trial if you are classified under suspicion as a domestic terrorist for any of the reasons that i posted above.
    worldtalker likes this.

us
    Tribal Member of United Houma Nation -

Sep 2011
    Southeast Arkansas
    Ace 250
    6082 times
    Cache Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by nsdq View Post
    guess i am a bad boy i scared off two jihad witness's they saw my 1911 45 acp and took off running and burnt rubber as they left
    Who?
    "When under trial, let no one say: 'I am being tried by God.' For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone. . . . Do not be misled, my beloved brothers. Every good gift and every perfect present is from above, coming down from the Father of the celestial lights, who does not vary or change like the shifting shadows." --- James 1:13, 16, 17

A few of my favorite pix: https://www.500px.com/ccjr221

us
    Oct 2010
    eastern wa
    minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
    665 times
    hitler germany,east berlin,saddam hussain,stalin,on and on and on,wake the *+^%#$$ up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links