Not open for further replies.

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RelevantChair: I am always willing to discuss as long as i am not being attacked.

I ask everybody who read this thread to consider this thought deeply: Pt. X walks into my office and states that he has an arsenal of guns at his house and plans to kill people A, B, and C. End of interview.

Is there anybody on this forum who thinks that I do not have a legal obligation to prevent this?
Is there anybody who does not want to give me the power to hold this person against their will and seize these guns?
If I so order it...in this circumstance, there is no number of people that could stop me from going in that house and getting those guns.

Again, I value the second amendement above all others.
Common sense, if you plan on killing yourself or others then DO NOT tell a doctor. If you tell a doctor then you are asking him/her to intercede on your behalf.

Typical "medical professional", spent years in school and has zero common sense.

Stealing someones private property is against the law and you have no right to do that regardless of how you "feel" about someone. If you think they are a threat than treat the PERSON, not inanimate objects.

Taking their guns will not prevent them from driving their vehicle into a crowd of people
Taking their guns will not prevent them from burning down a building filed with people
Taking their guns will not prevent them from riding a bike down a sidewalk filled with pedestrians and slashing them with a kitchen knife as he rode up behind them (this was in the news this week)
Taking their guns will not prevent them from taking control of a public bus and running people down
Taking their guns will not prevent them from kidnapping and raping
Taking their guns will not prevent them from beating someone with their bare hands, stick, hammer, baseball bat, etc...
Taking their guns will not prevent them from doing countless other horrible things to innocent people

And regardless of how much you treat someone or fill them full of your drugs, there is always a good chance they will do harm to themselves or someone else, somehow.

The 2A has nothing to do with hunting, shooting sports, collecting weapons, etc..., as an "educated" person you should know this

You say you value the 2A, what part of "Shall Not be Infringed" dont you understand? I'd be happy to help you

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
2A was "designed" as self-defense against a COMMON Enemy; types of GUNS is a DIFFERENT "issue"... Gun Shows ALWAYS amaze me. HOW do they do "back-ground checks"...? Dunno...

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
What good is a background check ? Worthless! To a point.
Professional people know that there is no way that a BC (lol!) can predict that person's future!
That's why you have Watchers...

Using this as an example only and because friends talk about what they do/see in the course of their work shifts.
Some random family somewhere.
Typical all American family.
Couple kids, dogs, mortgaged house, financed cars, boat, toys, every material thing they strive for that has left them completely house poor and then the phone rings.. you're fired!
Oh no.
You try and try to pull yourself up out of this sudden destitution.
Your wife is nagging..the repo man comes!
Oh no!
The foreclosure!!?!??!?
That all American husband or wife completely snaps under the pressure and the five minutes ago completely sane, gun toting all American goes off the deep end and takes out his/her entire family and potentially others.. probably first responders :BangHead:

This is precisely why we watch and listen...to serve and protect others!
All Americans have this duty, be it in a civilian role or professional!
That is all.

B.C.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In Florida every firearm sale at a gun show has a back ground check ran, all federally licensed gun dealers have access to National Federal Criminal Background Check and the back ground check is ran before you sale is made. Private sellers at Florida gun shows pay federally licensed gun dealers at the gun shows for each firearm sold to run the back ground check for them.

If you have a concealed carry permit, you can leave the show the same day with a hand gun after the new back ground check is ran, if you do not have the conceal carry permit then the sale is completed but you have to wait 3 days to pick up the hand gun. Laws on long guns are different and if you pass the back ground check you can leave with the rifle the same day.

I have had my conceal carry permit for over 6 years now, makes it nice as I can not only carry and do 99.5% of the time, but I can walk in and buy any firearm at any time and walk out with new firearm when I leave store.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Typical "medical professional", spent years in school and has zero common sense.

Grizz12, please do not insult or attack members.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
THANKS, TH... didn't know; had a concealed weapon permit, after training at a Max. Security Prison in Va. & was issued a sub-nose 38, 5 shot revolver. Had it for @ 2 years; wife WAS NOT amused. Her father was Lt. Colonel in Maryland State Police; brother was a SGT. K-9 in MSP; had guns all over her house growing up... then mine; LOL!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
THANKS, TH... didn't know; had a concealed weapon permit, after training at a Max. Security Prison in Va. & was issued a sub-nose 38, 5 shot revolver. Had it for @ 2 years; wife WAS NOT amused. Her father was Lt. Colonel in Maryland State Police; brother was a SGT. K-9 in MSP; had guns all over her house growing up... then mine; LOL!

Thank your family members for walking along that line for me!

BC

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After reading through this entire thread - Grizz12 comments are clear, truthful and to the point.
It would be a blessing to see common sense making a come back in America today :) :occasion14:

Grizz12

Dec 22, 2018
Alaska
Detector(s) used
Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2A was "designed" as self-defense against a COMMON Enemy; types of GUNS is a DIFFERENT "issue"... Gun Shows ALWAYS amaze me. HOW do they do "back-ground checks"...? Dunno...

And who was the "common enemy" at the time of writing the Bill of Rights?? We didnt have a common enemy BUT the Founding Fathers realized how dangerous an out of control govt. is and they wrote the BoR to limit the actions of the govt. The 2A was written so The People will have access to the same weapons as the govt in order to keep them in line. That is why it is the only Right using the phrase "Shall Not Be Infringed"

What good is a background check ? Worthless! To a point.
Professional people know that there is no way that a BC (lol!) can predict that person's future!
That's why you have Watchers...

Using this as an example only and because friends talk about what they do/see in the course of their work shifts.
Some random family somewhere.
Typical all American family.
Couple kids, dogs, mortgaged house, financed cars, boat, toys, every material thing they strive for that has left them completely house poor and then the phone rings.. you're fired!
Oh no.
You try and try to pull yourself up out of this sudden destitution.
Your wife is nagging..the repo man comes!
Oh no!
The foreclosure!!?!??!?
That all American husband or wife completely snaps under the pressure and the five minutes ago completely sane, gun toting all American goes off the deep end and takes out his/her entire family and potentially others.. probably first responders :BangHead:

This is precisely why we watch and listen...to serve and protect others!
All Americans have this duty, be it in a civilian role or professional!
That is all.

B.C.

Again you are blaming an inanimate object for the actions of an individual when it is the individual that NEEDS to be held accountable. In the scenario you mention above the guy could have just as easily beat his family to death with a bat, stab them with the kitchen knives, set the house on fire, put them in the car and drive off a cliff, poison them or countless other horrible things... Yet for some reason you dont mention removing those other objects, why??

People need to learn to keep their noses out of other peoples business and the world would be a better place

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't necessarily like the way things are. However you have to do something.
A bomb is an inanimate object.
If you were taking a flight and seen another boarding with what you believed was a bomb... would you mind your own business ?
I ain't the one that has any power.
If people don't want people in their business... don't put it online.
Then it is everyone's business and open to scrutiny.

BC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread