Folks, Antioxidants for your consideration.....

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster Pro, Sand Shark
Primary Interest:
Other
I throw my support behind this 100%. Eating a balanced, healthy diet is very important. Anti-oxidants reduce the amount of free radicals in the body. The benefit of this is not scientifically proven; however, it has significant theoretical modalities that would support it. I start off every day by drinking green tea.

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

And here's another one for you.....did you know that Guinness is very high in iron content....it makes you tough as nails....

In Ireland it's common practice for the doctors to prescribe a pint of Guinness to new mothers to build up their energy after giving birth.....and who says I'm not up on my medical stuff.....better watch your back dude....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Actually, I did know that and have heard it. Did you know that most animals eat the placenta after birth? It is loaded with iron, nutrients, and good for the immune system. Homo Sapiens are the exception...shocker.

Crispin

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Crispin,

Yeah but we're not as far up the evolutionary scale as many of the animal species.....trust me I've seen the proof over and over again......not saying where mind you because I might get myself into trouble....and you know me well enough that I wouldn't want to misbehave.....lol.

Regards + HH

Bill

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Folks,

I know it's been mentioned by some members that eating well is a plus especially if you're living a fairly stressful lifestyle.....

Here's a link if you wish to check out some fruits and vegetables that are high in antioxidants to boost up your immune system, etc....if others wish to add to the thread feel free.

20 Common Foods With the Most Antioxidants

Regards + HH

Bill

Bill, You ain't gonna believe this, but every one of those foods, except the artichokes, are a constant part of my diet. CRAP, now I'm gonna live forever...

Crispin

Silver Member
Jun 26, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Bill, You ain't gonna believe this, but every one of those foods, except the artichokes, are a constant part of my diet. CRAP, now I'm gonna live forever...

O great, now we have to suffer you for the rest of OUR lives. ;)

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just a note of caution. Fine print on a lot of these beneficial foods is that you would need to eat sooo much to get the beneficial pact that its nearly impossible. Also always look at who is funding the studies that say that chocolate, wine, blueberries, pomogranites, etc is the next "superfood". It's usually something like the Maine wild blueberry association or the wine producers association, etc, etc. everything balanced and in good moderation - and moderate exercise. In the end a lot of health / longevity comes down to genetics. Always be skeptical.

E

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
stockpicker,

I tend to agree that genetics are way up there as a strong factor....of course it doesn't hurt to get a boost from lots of fruits and veggies along the way....

Insofar as genetics is concerned look at Winston Churchill as an example.....lasted until 92.....smoked cigars, loved his booze, was overweight, went through tremendous stress and was probably bipolar to boot.....that would be a prime example of genetics having a strong influence......

I do like your thoughtful commentary on the threads.

Regards + HH

Bill

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Austin,

You may want to check out Andrew Weil, MD traditionally trained doctor at Harvard and decided to take a more holistic approach to treating his patients using a combination of diet and traditional approaches.....he has some books published on the topic....

Regards + HH

Bill

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm having a very hard time finding dried Apricot seeds any buddy have a source? Great Cancer fighter. But more then 7 per day can be toxic.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think the key is to get them as fresh/local as possible. What a diff in the taste between store bought and fresh.

OP
OP
bill from lachine

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
onfire,

If you check with a health food store you might have some luck.....however.....since they are considered toxic/semi poisonous there could be restrictions on selling them.

There's a group of people in Asia called the Hunza living high up in the mountains that use the seeds as their primary source of vegetable oil......but they've perfected a way of selecting the less toxic seeds to propagate their trees and they've reduced the toxicity to almost nil over the years.

Good luck.....you may also wish to do a google search for other foods which may have similar anti cancer agents....I believe pumpkin seeds may have similar benefits without the risk factor.

Regards + HH

Bill

I'm having a very hard time finding dried Apricot seeds any buddy have a source? Great Cancer fighter. But more then 7 per day can be toxic.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions