New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Anonymous likens Obama gun control policy to Hitler
3:39 AM 01/17/2013

Anonymous likens Obama gun control policy to Hitler | The Daily Caller

Hacktivist group Anonymous has now spoken out against President Barack Obama’s intentions to enact wider gun control in the U.S.

In a 15-minute YouTube video, which first appeared on the social network two weeks ago, Anonymous criticized the Obama administration’s leveraging of violent gun crime to achieve its goal to control guns.

“Throughout history, authoritarian governments have used gun violence as an excuse to take people’s firearms and control their population,” said Anonymous.

“This is exactly what Adolf Hitler did to disarm the German people and look at the atrocities his administration did. Obama has been working hard to try and ban all semi-automatic weapons and shot guns while at the same time increasing the weapons and firepower that police and government agencies have.”

The video, which continued on to list various violent crimes and criticize the lack of media attention drawn to those instances, has since been replicated and posted on a number of other user accounts in recent days in anticipation over Obama’s executive actions for greater gun control.

The style, formatting and much of the content of the video closely mirrors an earlier video made by Anonymous in December in response to the Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre.

Some users on YouTube mocked the video, questioning its validity and origin, even suggesting that it came from the NRA.

Anonymous, however, has no ideology except an overall belief in the resistance to tyranny, government abuse and censorship.

No one person can speak for the group; instead, its amorphous nature allows anyone to take part in collective action under the banner of Anonymous.

“Just to clarify; Anonymous is neither pro or anti gun – we just are. Some people that make up Anonymous might be pro/anti gun. #LuLz #YAN“, tweeted the Anonymous-affiliated Twitter account, @YourAnonNews, Wednesday.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comparing Hitler and Obama some may call it crazy but they take that comprison out of context.. It's as simple as this.. Hitler was a crazed power hungry dictator that absued people for personal and finacial gain through his beliefs.. Well today things are not much different except we call it a democracy instead of a dictatorship.. Obama is trying to limit how Americans can arm themselves and violating every single Americans rights by doing so.. Wether or not you chose to excersise this right or not is entirely up to you.. Some may say that i'm being extreme in what i'm saying and the 1st amendmant gives you the right to voice that opinion.. But I ask you this how many people would be screaming for this mans head if he was regulating free speech or what the news can and can't say or even your daily paper.. There's two sides to everything I don't want to see your free speech regulated or controled please have the same respect for my guns.. I mean after all you say guns are dangerous well I ask you this has'nt free speech encited many riots assaination attempts and not just with guns.. Free speech has caused it's own problems that seem to be overlooked by many.. Now i'm not trying to bash the 1st amendmant i'm simply using it as an example I support all of our civil rights and believe each and every one is vital to our society and evryday life.. Do I believe Obama will be as bad as Hitler no but he is certainly making a case for being a dictator vs. a president for all people, not just the ones who finance him.. Just my feelins on the situation..

Last edited:

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
These days it's only a matter of time when, in any controversial conversation, one side will call the other either Hitler or a Nazi. Usually they don't know the difference.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
they both give/gave good speeches

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
GodBless the Republic of these united States of America,"yellow frindged need not apply",I fully understand when one said,Give Me Liberrty or Give Me Death. People Stand Up,or,forever be silenced. GodBless America once Again, Chris

Last edited:
OP
OP
Red James Cash
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
It took Hitler 6 years to get warmed up,obumer still has time left.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is nothing wrong with post. Comparisons is based on ideas and traits shared by the two, the same as comparing with Castro...

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comparing Obama to Hitler is extremelly offensive. You want to call him a tyrant, go ahead. To compare him to Hitler is an insult to all 6 million people who died in the holocaust and offends their memory, families, and survivors. This post is offensive and should be taken down. I have reported it to the moderators.

Crispin
It is simply a comparison nothing more.. Nobody did or said anything to offend any memories or familys or survivors.. This is nothing more than a comparison of two men.. This is ludacrist of you to even bring anything up other than what the thread was intended for.. This is nothing more than a hissy fit for attention in my opinion and the moderators may take it down but it is still in no way intended to offend anybody in my opinion.. If this is how you percieve this than just don't open it that is your right nobody made you read it.. Other than the fact that you want to start trouble if you were offended by it I can't see any reason why you would even open the thread.. Sorry for your inconvinence...

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH: Then compare Obama's ideas to a political mindsight. Hitler represents the persecution and death of millions. I can't believe I am even having this conversation.
Ok then compare him to Sadam Hussain that's ok though because it's easier as an American to compare those two.. He was a horrible man nobody is saying he was'nt.. You are taking this alot farther than needed in my opinion... This should'nt be an issue..

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I accept your apology. The triumph of evil is assured by the silence of good men. I would stand against racist or sexist posts as well. Adding Hitler's name to the title is meant to inflame. Titleing the post as such is a cry for attention. You are backing the wrong side.
I'm not backing anything if you read my posts.. I made a simple comparison nothing more nothing less.. I said nothing offensive and cut no race or certain person down.. I simply stated facts and my opinion and did it in the nicest most respectful manner I could.. Nothing more nothing less.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
hitlers first speech didnt call for murder.obummer and hitler both used fear and ignorance to gain power.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same comparison is made by many patriots on many different sites as well as by some politicians..

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is your idea of polite? Wow, I'm starting to think your apology was not genuine.
It was'nt an apology and I never said it was.. I was simply trying to explain to you what I was trying to say and you can highlight whatever you want in my posts.. I'm not trying to offend but seriously you are making this a way bigger issue than it needs to be.. If you don't agree with it that's fine that's your choice.. But you simply can't throw a fit until you get your way.. This is part of the problem in America everybodys so damn sensitive.. Nobody is saying worship the man or that they agree with what he did it's a simple comparision.. Do not call me out in my posts to try to get this issue to be bigger than it is.. Nothing was said offensive about either man nor did anybody say anything to offend anybody in this thread and or site.. Other that the fact you saw the names OBAMA and Hitler side by side and decided you wanted to make the nightly news over it.. I try to respect everybody on this site and what they have to say.. But sometimes in time like these my patients wear thin for the liberal and the over sensitive people who want to gripe about things that arnt real issues.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH: That does not make it right to do so. I think, if you were Jewish, and had loved ones that died in the holocaust...you might see this differently. This is a "family friendly" forum. Also, pong attacked me and accused me of throwing a hissy fit. He didn't even use any facts to back it up.
Really your telling on me hahahahah thanks for proving my point.. To the moderator I apologize for saying hissy fit.....

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crispin I am well aware of what the forum rules are, I am a moderator and I am very familiar with our rules.

I have Jewish friends who have made the exact same comparison. obama is not exactly a friend of Israel.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Crispin, in the begining Hitler disarmed Germany, same as Obama. Have you read or heard any readings of Obama's books? They drip with racism against white people....just saying.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They both shared the same ideas on gun control, the complete disarmament of the population. Thread did not mention holocaust, you brought it in.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks,

Just to take the rhetoric down a notch or two...last time I checked your current president Mr. Obama was elected as your current president via the ballot box......and whether or not you agree with him or not he is obviously your current President and the chief of your armed services until his term is up.

IMHO you do both a disservice to the office of the President and your country by resorting to such underhanded comparisons and name calling.....food for thought.

Regards + HH

Bill

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Bill, we have a first amendment right to the freedom of speech, I think we would do a bigger disservice to our country if we remained silent. He was elected with underhanded tactics, like voter fraud, nullifying the military vote, voter intimidation(black panthers) as well as bribery (obama phone, govt. checks, ect) If we have our way he wont get to finnish his term, as he has done a REAL disservice to this country. When he respects our country, Bill of Rights, Constitution, and our intelligence as a people then I will respect him. Thank you for your thoughts though.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
amen brother

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread